So these guys do everything wrong and look like this

Crossfitters look amazing but seen to do everything we are told not to.
- too high of reps
- working all bodyparts in same workout
- few or no rest days

They are tested for drugs, in and out of competition.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bjAhi3t9Zko
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tested for drugs
are you dumb?

Do drugs and don't do crossfit out of competitions

>There are people that swear by machines and look great
>There are people that swear by free weights and look great
>There are people that swear by low weight and high reps that look great
>There are people that swear by high weight and low reps that look great

It's almost like routines doesn't actually make a fucking difference (obviously they do to certain extent) but instead that you training and diet is RELIGIOUS and CONSISTENT and you do it for 10 fucking years.

Also steroids help.

Go ahead, do crossfit and only crossfit with no recovery for full body days and no roids that all of the guys obv fucking do, and you'll see why crossfit has a negative stigma.

>tested for drugs
this means nothing

I only do crossfit (although only 5 days a week) and while I am no where near those dudes in terms of physique I am in good shape and I have seen no negatives of it.

>why the hate?

Other than the gay meme culture surrounding it like calling a gym a Box or being all about muh family, its pretty good.

I want to believe they are natty, but then I see the pictures of some of the crossfit women and think twice.

>implying succesful crossfitters actually train according to crossfit principles
>implying they don't roid

>They are tested for drugs, in and out of competition.
Top kek, Olympic athletes are too.

So basically since everyone is juicing nobody should be given any credit for anything, other than the physique gods of Veeky Forums?

>crossfitters look amazing
Top competitors who roid and would look good doing any program. Not average joes.

>They are tested for drugs, in and out of competition.
ayy lmao

No competitors anywhere in lifting are natty. Period. Nearly every Olympian or competition lifter is juicing on one thing or another.

Take enough roids, and doing your kipping pulling ups will build muscle too.

pretty much anyone with a muscular lean body is questioned/accused of PED abuse.

My question is though, how did the Greeks know what an amazingly muscled body looked like if everyone was natty then ?

Not eveRhone is juicing but most people you'll see pics of are. With so many products on the market and shit the line between juicing and not juicing has really begun to blur but the daily intensity of crossfit necessitates some type of PED for recovery alone.

Just the opposite, if you don't roid you probably aren't even trying.

No, just crossfitters.

>Claim to be fittest athlete in the world
>juiced to the gills

It is completely relevant when you make the claims.

>why the hate?
nice job fucking up green-texting.

why the hate?
>most coaches know jack all and got certified over a long weekend.
>the above point means that most people have shit form
>it does standardized routines with little emphasis on specificity, progression and periodization - all so you can train a bunch of people at the same time and rake in the money
>it tries to promote itself as some kind of hardcore, outlaw thing when in fact it is the epitome of the gentrification of strength "sports"
>there is a way to cross-train for strength and endurance for people who don't want to have the biggest total or be able to run an ultra-marathon - but just be in good overall shape. crossfit isn't it.
>there is a way to do endurance/strength training in a way that one stays the primary focus while the other plays a helping role. crossfit isn't that.
>crossfit is nothing but a bunch of marketing and hard-kore attytude(tm)

You know why crossfitters have insane bodies?

Because they live ACTIVE lifestyles

Veeky Forums sits on a computer for 10 hours a day and they think the 1 hour of training per day is going to make them swell up with yuge muscles and low bodyfat.

Living a sedentary lifestyle and doing a lot of sitting (whether it's a desk job, being NEET, or whatever) will never get you like OP picture because you need to be much more ACTIVE

While CHAD is out surfing and being a lifeguard for $8 per hour and looking joocy you are sitting at your desk still skinnyfat for $40K/y

Get off your ASS and get ACTIVE

t. college soccer star that eats donuts and pizza every day but is still lean as fuck

Half of them were demigods. They had that juiced up dna

Because everyone was 5'5 and lifted goats back then

>they are tested for drugs

>test guy: you on drugs man?
>crosshitter: nah
>test guy: seems good to me

>pointing at a bunch of guys who roid, do traditional strength training for the most part and saying "see, crossfit totally works" is not totally fucking retarded.

Thats nice.

You think the guy sculpting a god is gonna make him look like an average guy?

The sculpter in your pic is not even that big. He just has exaggerated arms and shoulders.

Average joe crossfitter does his wod for literally 15 minutes and then goes to his cubicle job for 10 hours.

They didn't actually look like this...

For the most part Greek statues are based on natural physiques. Some are enhanced based on artistic interpretation but they were likely modeled of ancient athletes and soldiers. Adonis, considered to have a physique that rivaled the gods themselves is depicted at between 12-16% bf in features, definitely humanly possible without drugs or religious dieting and exercise

This. Crossfit caters to people who THINK they "work for a living". It's no surprise that a majority of Crossfitters are office workers or people who move less than 2 miles every day.

>Veeky Forums where Greek gods are considered dyel

>being carved out of marble makes the physique way more imposing than it would be on a real person.
>you really think the artists didn't exaggerate the fuck out of their patrons?
>no refined sugar, lots of manual labour and higher test levels mean that they were probably more impressive than the average guy nowadays - but nowhere to the levels that those statues suggest.

Are you honestly fucking retarded?

>soccer player
lol fairyboy

Fuck off loser, I'd kick your ass IRL.

None of the top guys really do pure Crossfitâ„¢, they actually do strength programs, cardio sessions, and only a few "wods" a week with weight so light it would be hard to snap your shit up

Nothing matters more to elite athletic performance than genetics and steroids. That's why skill sports like basketball are the true patrician sports.

I can tell I was right in my first assumption.

Rejoice in the fact, you're not too stupid to lift.

>nigger hoop
>skill

being 7' is a skill ? Interesting

If all the players are 7', then what determines the outcome of the game?

Because it's almost like someone who had to do manual labor all day being a farmer or soldier wouldn't be fat

Who gets the ball first and whether or not the lanklets get thrown off from the wind that they run into another player for a penalty.

edgy

How is that edgy?

All the aesthetic ones are pretty shorts no? you can just do push ups at that height and be jacked.

I work a heavy manual labour job that consists of more lifting in a day than the average person would do in a week. This is bullshit. Being active doesnt mean you're automatically jacked/lean can eat whatever you want. Im like 18% bf at the moment and not really that big by Veeky Forums standards.

Top level crossfitters have good physiques because they use a tonne of drugs (they are paid by crossfit to advertise the sport, so they dont give a fuck about the drug use and probably encourage it). Being on a good amount of test and tren is going to give you good results and literally put 30-40lbs of muscle on your frame without you lifting a finger.

newfags use edgy as a catch all term

Other genetic factors. Top athletes are born, not made. Sure, at the lower levels you can be the best simply because you're the only one putting in the work. But at the top levels where everyone has a decent work-ethic - genetics is king.

Pic related: at the top level of any activity genetic aptitude rules supreme.

Of course that doesn't mesh really well with the whole "everyone can make it if they work really hard" bull they feed people nowadays.

Only edgy teenagers agree with you.

forgot pic

Explain how it's edgy?

just because you look like shit at 6'0+ it doesn't mean it's easy to be jacked for a manlet, don't be a fucking idiot
this board gets more and more retarded by the day.

>college
>soccer
>star

"okay"

But if you don't work hard, you will never be able to stay at the top. You can't simply rely on your "genetics". There're plenty examples of this.
You honest to God believe the only determinating factors basketball are . There are plenty of NBA-stars with a more normal height. Why didn't you try out?

>t. Basketball-American

like this guy

>ALL NATTY BABY

has never run a mile in distance

ate over 1000 chicken nuggets in 2008 olympics

What does it mean. Is the dark grey what can't be explained by work ethic

Now imagine you have a great worth ethic, top tier genetics, and are on PED's. You BTFO everyone.

Just like top tier genetics are needed to compete at the highest level, so are PEDs. Without both you get BTFO by some guy with them. See lance armstrong

yes

Yeah, you can get by with fantastic work ethic and a bit of luck even if you have average genetics on the local level. At the national level you need great genetics and no kind of "mental fortitude" or "character" can replace that. On the international level and top-money national you need absolute top tier genetics, peds and a bit of luck.

The surprising thing is that this holds true even in academia: without being born with a 99.9999 percentile IQ you have fuck all chance of becoming the next Hawking.

This. Repected lifters like Johnnie Pain (Greyskull) and even the milkmaster Rippetoe (SS of course) have expressed their love for PROPER crossfit, and their hate of the fact that it's commercial bs nowadays with coaches who know jack.

achievable natty

Its hard to watch some of the crossfit videos and not be inspired/awed by the athletes.

youtube.com/watch?v=bjAhi3t9Zko

>without being born with a 99.9999 percentile IQ
As someone who's doing a PhD I can confirm this. Not bragging or nothing, it's just the way it is. The higher up you get the more it's genetics: at the undergrad level it was mostly hard work, at the masters level you saw some hard workers who got by on discipline. At a PhD level, honestly, everyone's a lazy bastard who smokes a ton of dope and plays vidya and still manages to excell because genetics. Same with lifting or music or anything else really.

Still, trying hard and having a good work ethic will get you far, really damn far in fact, which is fine for most people. But becoming elite is a genetic lottery. What I don't get is why Veeky Forums cares; do any of us honestly want to be elite? Most of us just wanna look good enough that our awkwardness will matter slightly less when we talk to girls...

> t. lanklet whose only success is shitposting on a Mongolian knitting forum

It's not just the coaching that is complete dogshit, the programme as is is utter crap aimed at being marketable and franchiseable.

Proper cross training:
>do a normal weight-lifting routine followed by some HIIT
>go for a short run the next morning
>make sure you get enough proton and carbs
Crossfit:
>lel
>implying
>try these paleo cookies

>Implying academia isn't all about fame, towing the party line and knowing people
LOLOLOL

>They are tested for drugs

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Also, these guys don't do crossfit, they do their own routines and compete in the crossfit games for the money.

Absolutley, too bad finding actual crossfit coaches is such a pain.

This is also why I love Greyskull and JP: he really takes it back to the roots and has you doing conditioning carrying sacks of sand and basic stuff like that, all while doing heavy compound lifting and eating like a wolf.

Not really. Some subjects, maybe. Economics is really hard on non-neoclassical theorists, for example, but even they get by if they're bright enough.

Otherwise connections and such might give you and edge if you already have the talent, but a complete idiot won't get published let alone get tenure for just parroting what the higher-ups say and kissing the right asses.

Peer-review is ideally double-blind (i.e. you don't know who's checking your stuff and they don't know who you are), and most institutions are publish-or-die. So even if sucking up gave you a position, you better be smart enough to get consistlently published or you're out.

the very fittest crossfitters (i.e. the guys at the games) all come from athletic backgrounds already. i happened to catch the games on tv the other day; the winner's parents were both olympic figure skaters, and the bronze medalist was a former D1 soccer player. all this advice like "don't do high reps; don't do fullbody workouts" is aimed towards rank beginners who can't walk around the block without getting winded. if you're already strong and athletic, these "rules" don't apply and you can train very differently.

look at kids who ace the SAT, while most will have smart parents with professional jobs, they also are trained to take these test from a young age. Even taking multiple practice test. Good parenting + good practice goes a long way. Obviously some kids are brighter than others

he used cocaine to cut.

Cocaine is natty

Competitive Crossfitters mostly train with olly lifting and HIIT. Of course they look good.

The only reason most of us think that you need steroids to look like that is because most of us are low test. That's why we're here.

I'm a nurse and train weightlifting every day though.

> natty
welcome to Veeky Forums hope your first day goes well, remember to load up on scoops!

They also shrunk the penises? How did they do that unless all Greeks were dicklets??? Oh wait, its called imagination and extrapolation you fucking dunce.

I can draw a girl with 30NN tits if i want despite never having had the pleasure of an encounter.

DELET THIS