I just bought two of pic related because healthy fats and stuff. I have never eaten avocado before

I just bought two of pic related because healthy fats and stuff. I have never eaten avocado before.

Now what do I do with it? Can I just toss it into the pan with the rest of the veggies for the week or will that taste like shit?

Should I wait with eating them until they're soft? Exactly how fatty exactly are these things? Some fitizen recently mentioned that eating avocado is like eating butter, and eating an avocado-sized lump of butter would probably make me puke, so are these something you snack on a bite at a time?

pls help

>Should I wait with eating them until they're soft?
yes
>Some fitizen recently mentioned that eating avocado is like eating butter
not really, I can split one sprinkle salt and lime and eat it with s spoon and its pretty good.

I never attempted to eat one of those freak fruits and you shouldn't either

IMO pic related tastes better, you should give it a try instead

dumb flyover

Wait till it's semi-soft, cut like pic shown, peel and slice 1/2 on a salad, salt lightly. You don't cook them. Look up recipes with avocado to use the other half. They get brown quickly once cut so work fast with a second recipe, user.

not sure what you are trying to say there buddy

he said the midwest is dumb because no spics

I never did, either.

But sometimes you need to take a leap of faith.

why would you eat that mutant fruit when broccoli is tried and tested and tastes good?

I bet the macros of that stuff suck, though.

What happens if you cook them? And what do they things taste like anyway?

>broccoli tastes better than avocados
pleb

>I bet the macros of that stuff suck, though.
>zero cal

it's for taste, faggot

>Now what do I do with it?

TONS of stuff

>Can I just toss it into the pan with the rest of the veggies for the week or will that taste like shit?

don't do this, unless you're frying avocado in hot oil itll just come out hot and mushy which isn't that good.

>Should I wait with eating them until they're soft?

they should have a little bit of give to them when you apply slight pressure to the skin. They should not be nearly as green as the ones in the pic, they should be quite a bit darker before they are good to eat. once you have a couple of ripe ones, you will know what to look for.

among other things:

- cocoa powder and a little bit of stevia, mix half an avocado, it's chocolate pudding
- salt and pepper, mash it up, eat it just like that
- mix it with canned tuna or salmon
- slice it up, drizzle a little bit of olive oil over it, and sprinkle some salt/pepper/seasonings on it

it's not "like eating butter" whoever told you that was a retard

>tfw you realize most americans grew up eating a steady diet of Mac 'n Cheese and Mc Donalds

I hate broccoli, and I want some fat in my diet that isn't olive oil.

I have shitty genetics and am on statins for having the cholesterol levels of an obese chain smoker despite being skinny af, so saturated fats (dairy, eggs) are out.

avocado and beef is fucking GOAT, can make same super low cal tacos with good macros too, get some low carb tortillas and the avocado and ground beef is basically all you need

also shredded roast beef with some Montreal seasoning and some fresh chopped tomatoes and mashed avos on the side over rice.

Wait until they are squishy enough that you can push your finger in and it will bounce back. Don't let them get too soft though or they will be brown on the inside and disgusting.

Typically I will either eat it plain with a spoon or spread it on a turkey sandwich like it's butter.

This is tasty as fuck breh. And easy to make.

Make some fried eggs
Make some toast
Put salt and pepper on the eggs
Put half an avacado on 1 toast
Put egg on the toast
Eat it

It's a unique taste, smooth, creamy, slightly 'green' or grassy but buttery texture. Most people either like or dislike them, few are middle ground. Some people only like them as a garnish or as guacamole. I like them with raspberry balsamic vinegar on, then I use the other half in my smoothie. Love guacamole but that makes me want chips. My fave other way to use them is a turkey, bacon and avocado sandwich with lettuce and Italian dressing.

>toss it into the pan with the rest of veggies

amerifats are amazing

I mash an avocado, put a good sprinkling of salt. Mix it together then place it on fish or chicken.

How do I prepare the avocado?

you morons have actually convinced me to try avocados tonight goodjub healthy discussion

You just cut it in half like the pic, take the pit out and use a knife to take chunks of it out until you've covered the toast. Don't need to spread it

Use it as a squat plug, by the end of your set the avocado will be split in half. Bring a spoon and enjoy.

Cut in half
Take out seed
Add some lemon juice and salt to taste, maybe tiny bit of pepper
Mash and mix

Goes well by itself or with sliced meats in bread with cheese

make guacamole

advocado, onion, lemon, cilantro