Was this the end of history?

This was the moment history jumped the shark. Past 9/11/01 any event is not a historical event but a modern day event because the internet allows us to travel back in time keeping those events with us for eternity. 9/11 was the end of history.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gORu-68SHpE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

More like nothing interesting or on a large scale has happened since then.

t. in highschool

The sheer scope and damage of the 2008 financial crisis was pretty interesting.

Riots and protest across North Africa and the Middle East in early 2011.

Riots across Europe and mass protest movements against the perceived corruption of economic elites. Fears of the collapse of the Euro and various countries exiting to avoid austerity.

By the fall it's spread to the US and almost every weekend riot police have to blanket US downtowns in tear gas due to anti-elite protests.

By December the largest anti-Putin protests ever and since hit Russia over an anti-elite backlash.

Pretty cool times but it fizzled out by early 2012 and there was a wave of reaction since or the sturggles became protracted wars in Libya and Syria.

I'd say the most notable thing to happen among humanity since 2001 would be the whole social justice, donald trump, political bullshit package. But maybe we won't even look back on these days like it mattered decades from now, or maybe things will stay this way. I hope not.

We're still living the implications and ramifications of it. It was a world changing event that humanity will not even begin to understand for thousands of years when they can look back on it properly and see just how the world behaved and reacted to it. Not just for America, either. It was globally televised. Live.

Only semi-direct comparison is really the assassination of JFK, or the moon landing. Even then, imagine if the whole of Rome witnessed the assassination of Julius Caesar live on television or all of the western hemisphere watching Columbus step foot in America, live, and actually knowing this was actually some undiscovered continent that they knew about. There is no direct comparison. Certainly hasn't been another on that scale since, largely because of that event.

>By the fall it's spread to the US and almost every weekend riot police have to blanket US downtowns in tear gas due to anti-elite protests.
is this what antifa people believe when tripping on dad's old tabs?

>this being somehow more important than Arab Spring

Fuck off back to /pol/, retard.

Kek, imagine being this much of a brainlet.

When was the last time you went outside user?

It was the End of the End of History meme. The wheels started turning again after a beautiful lull of optimism in the 1990s. People back then believed we were entering an era of unprecedented peace, technological progress and prosperity, liberal democracy had triumphed and everybody basically expected the world to evolve into a sort of Star Trek utopia.

But those planes brought down those illusions and created the modern, cynic world we know today. History had not ended. It was simply taking a break.

i wish i was at least half as happy as this man

it was the last event that changed history forever. major events have happened and major event that hasnt stemmed from 9-11 since can be fixed. 9-11, and the wars, fear, and way of life after it, cant be fixed.

> mutts think their precious 3000 is in any way historically significant
Wooooow the aggressive global hegemon invaded a different place this changes everything

9/11 was among the biggest hoaxes (the planes) and deceptions (the controlled demolitions) the world has seen to date, seeing how many people fell for the mainstream narrative was evidence to show the general public has become dumb enough to believe literally anything the news would throw at them, leading to the situation we have today.

>yurofaggots let their antiamericanism meme blind them to the fact that whatever affects America affects the world
nice meme, love it.

>various countries exiting to avoid austerity.
Austerity wasn't imposed by the EU whatsoever, the conservative party imposed austerity when they became the key part of the coalition government with the lib dems.

> uhhhh excuse me but it was actually on the news so it's important

It was a single building you overly dramatic fuckwits.

what the fuck are you even trying to say, of course events that take up the front page of every newspaper across the globe for a week straight are usually important.

>a single building
"no"

Wow donald drumpfffff truly is the end of history oh sayy can you seeeeeee by the dawns early liiiiiggggghhhhhhhttttt

>Several wars since then
>Black president
>Fucking reality-TV-show President
>Reality-TV-show President under FBI investigation
>Refugee crisis in Europe
>Populist movements all around the globe
>Russia grabbing Crimea
>Landing rockets
>Electric cars
>Oil price collapse and the beginning of the end of the oil age

Yeah, really nothing remarkable happened whatsoever.

Burgers had that one coming, really wish they would have hit the White House, too.

The collapse of the Soviet Union wasn't the end of history, so no.

Half of what you said isn't even remarkable. And many people couldn't care less lmao

Austerity wasnt just in the UK retard. It was imposed on southern europe and ireland by EU and g*rms

Go back to r/politics you reek of soy.
There's people who disagree with me and then there's indoctrinated faggots like you.

Everything he said is true tho.

Any moment beyond writing this sentence is history.
Its a variable.

I worked in the media at the time. You did have new footage of riot police to grab a headline every weekend from the first in October when protestors go stuck on the Brooklyn Bridge to mid-November. More than I can really remember otherwise.

So when /pol/ thinks "the Battle of Berkeley," with hundreds, not thousands of people, is either signs of a leftist mega uprising or their great triumph it's pretty obvious it's babies' first political violence, even though this shit was on TV in 2011.

Greece, Italy, and Spain all had austerity requirement tied to bailout packages from the EU (i.e. Germany).

Was the public at large desensitized to this sort of thing by then? Combat in Vietnam was broadcast live on TV every night.

I do suppose there's a difference between armed forces fighting and innocent people being killed en masse, but violence is violence.

Read the sticky before posting a thread. If it happened within the past 25 years, it doesn't belong on Veeky Forums.

(you) - a brainlet

That's a suggestion, not the rule. There is naturally overlap:
>EX: Yeltsin Era began over 25 years ago and progressed after the arbitrary cut-off

There's that many brain-dead threads on Veeky Forums right now but you choose to pick on this one for not following the one most autism rule on the board.

(You) added to the discussion in what way? 9/11 threads do not belong on this board. 9/11 represents many crimes still under investigation.
youtube.com/watch?v=gORu-68SHpE

History ended after WWII. Everything which happened afterwards is peanuts. Cold war was a dick size contest and apart from the 60's not much happened. Everything after the cold war gets even more boring. Life was still the same for 98% of the world population after the 9/11 and only Americans give a shit about it. I doubt there will be a significant historical event like WWII for the next century.

"For the purpose of determining what is history, please do not start threads about events taking place less than 25 years ago."

Sounds more like a request than a suggestion.

Fucking autist. People like you are the reason interesting threads get deleted while we keep getting flooded with "Y IS AFRICA SO POOR? NIGGERS AMIRITE?" threads.