Streching

I keep trying to perform a split but, for the love of god I'm just not flexible enough.Hell, i can't even touch my toes while standing or sitting i feel so stiff and even when i try to do it i can't hold the position. Also I feel pain in my calves and legs when I do these stretches.Any advice or proper techniques anyone can give me to practice?

google dynamic stretching

Am i doomed to be inflexible forever? i hope not.

thanks i'll check it out

Stretch every day, until you get more flexible.

Or be like me, realize you can't touch your toes, decide to stretch every day, get pretty good at touching your toes, then get distracted, then a month later the process restarts.

I do try everyday,I was just concerned that I was doing something wrong but, I'll keep at it thank you!

I box and occasionally kickbox (the latter is why I stretch). And although I'm too much of a lazy asshole to ever be able to do a split again, I need to be able to comfortably touch my toes in order to throw decent kicks.

If you google relax into stretch you can get a free ebook by Pavel which goes into a basic routine and rundown on contrast/dynamic stretching.

This, every damn month

I have a friend that trains in kyokushin and its forehead to shins for those guys

That would definitely help,thanks mate!

Thats the level i'm trying to get at hopefully

Here is a really simple trick to be able to bend over and touch your toes
So bend over, and go as far as you can
Once you hit your limit, just take a deep breath and exhale
With each exhale you'll go lower and lower until you touch your toes

Thats hiw I eventually did it anyways

i'll be sure to keep this in mind,I can see how it'll help

I should get to that level if I want to throw non-shitty headkicks. I'm much better at boxing so I just use leg kicks, teeps, and knees for now.

is the rundown quick?

I can do it pretty easy now without the exhale trick. You have to be really careful not to go too fast or overdo it though

its 157 pages long and it features allot of different streches

but its really helpful by the looks of it

that's awesome man, i'll get there eventually,when i do it i'm bending mostly from my back and not my waist so i'll try to focus on that as well as my breathing

Could I get a quick rundown?

I couldn't find the stretch we were talking about (not sure what the stretch is called) but this is how detailed the info is concerning a split..well a variation of a split

cHEErS

I would love to be able to do the van damme splits. i don't know what use it would be besides being cool though.

What happens if you twist knee?

that pdf didn't say anything about the outcome of twisting the knee,hopefully nothing bad will happen? it's like an easy cap-out/a way to cheat and easy the pressure by twisting the knee

OP, look up starting stretching. I've been doing that plus a glute stretch, a bicep stretch, and a tricep stretch every morning for the past month and the results are that I'm able to go ATG on heavy squats and I never have joint pain while lifting.