Fasting

You hear "Oh you must eat every meal or you will be ravenous and be forced to stuff yourself with donuts"
I've struggled with my weight most of my adult life but never could quite lose weight.
Then I checked out the science behind fasting and it seemed legit.
>starvation mode is a myth and more about long term malnutrition
>You are barely hungry past the second day
Doing a series of 3-5 day fasts with intermittant in between, I've been able to lose nearly 20 pounds easier than I ever thought possible.

It's easy,simple and EXTREMELY effective. You can lose 8 pounds or more on a fasting week depending on your current weight.

Why is this great method not getting more attention?

Other urls found in this thread:

intensivedietarymanagement.com/fasting-and-muscle-mass-fasting-part-14/
youtu.be/4UkZAwKoCP8
youtu.be/IdQgiTPiRYo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

another one

I do 16:8.

Because a third of that weight is muscle you DYEL.

I've suggested it to a couple of people, always a negative response. People think your crazy if you intentionally make yourself a little hungry or count your calories.

I think it disturbs people.

Also your bumping is desperate as fuck.

/thread

Nope.
I have lost no muscle.

Why would my overweight body start metabolizing muscle when there's plenty of fat available?

lose weight too fast and you are just losing muscle.

IF with a 16/8 window is fucking great for cutting.

>Also your bumping is desperate as fuck.
>Two bumps over 6 minutes
Yes I was eager to discuss this and spent like 5 mins writing the OP

>I have lost no muscle.
Nice anecdote.
Care to provide proof?

Losing muscle is just as anecdotal, sperg.

I've had an easy time exercising and can still do strength exercises.

For 99% of human history, food was often scarce and it wasn't unusual to have to go some time without eating. Why would the body immediately go for muscle,functional tissue, when there is fat available? We wouldn't have survived long if that was the case.
intensivedietarymanagement.com/fasting-and-muscle-mass-fasting-part-14/

More anecdotes and a link to a random blog where someone is shilling their fad diet book.

It's a doctor who was written tons about this.
Even if not, look at the numbers and answer my question about why fat would be metabolized before muscle.

How is fasting a fad diet if it's been around for thousands of years?

Humans went 5 days without eating very rarely bud. Combine that with a very high activity lifestyle and the fact that people were not fat back then and 5 days of no food means you were close to death.

>Why would my overweight body start metabolizing muscle when there's plenty of fat available?

Because if you took a 9th grade biology class you'd know every cell in your body needs protein to function and the only way your body gets protein is a. breaking down amino acids from your diet or b. catabolizing protein stores, aka muscle. Your body cannot turn fat, a lipid, into amino acids.

You would have known your body cannibalizes your muscle quite easily if you don't eat if you had READ THE FUCKING STICKY.

>Why would my overweight body start metabolizing muscle when there's plenty of fat available

You clearly have no idea how this stuff works, Aon.

Fasting is alright but you're supposed to do intermittent fasting or psmf lest you risk burning muscle faggot because body goes into emergency mode and burns the easiest thing it can which after a point in a 3-5 day fast is muscle
Just do IF

> oh well the body burns muscle because it's easier than liberating fat stores.

yes the body will preferentially disregard the stores of fat which are specifically designed to be utilised for fuel during famine

so it can go through the metabolically inefficient method of breaking muscle down instead.

hey in future if you don't know anything don't offer advice.

cheers big ears.

Jeez man kys

>that first vape of the day

Nicotine for breakfast, 16/8 fast/feed split. Not worried about food or the logistics of eating all throughout my productive hours, not hungry because nicotine and used to fasting. Always train cardio (hiit) fasted for maximum effect.

Weightloss made effortless.Every time I eat, I eat my fill with no issues, never feel discomfort from hunger. Can even occasionally "cheat" and drink/eat weekend garbage and still be at a deficit or at least TDEE for the day.

Master race.

its real simple, if its a topic you know nothing about don't offer your fuckin opinion

pseudo-science like yours is cancer, they genuinely are a detriment to every person who reads it.

basically, you're malignant and you need to be excised.

I work 8 hours, sometimes 10. I'm usually out for 14 hours each day and I'm able to mantain an IF routine of 22/2 witouth a single issue. However when I have a day off I can't manage to fast for shit, I think it talks more about my mental issues than anything. I'm also an ex fat fuck so I rather just skip meals than having to stuff myelf with kebabs and shit food on lunch break, I don't wanna fall into temptation again.

Stop believing outdated wives' tales.

youtu.be/4UkZAwKoCP8

youtu.be/IdQgiTPiRYo

Actually, in cases like sudden fasts, your body will sometimes metabolize tissues such as muscle and bone first, because they require more energy to maintain.
Working out and having a high protein diet will mitigate those effects, however. It would still likely be safer to aim for only one or two pounds of weight loss a week, otherwise you risk conditions like ptosis, in which your body burns the fat that holds up your kidneys. This can cause serious internal bleeding or possibly renal failure.

There is no such thing as a 'sudden fast'.

You are either fasted, or you are not fasted.

This is one of the most meaningless statements I've ever read on this website.

Everything you just typed out is bullshit.

The notion the body would prioritise protein or bone over GLYCOGEN in the first 24 hours of a fast is so idiotic I can't even comprehend what caused you type out that complete croq of shit.

Nigga fuck off and never post on this forum again.

hes obviously fat, hes losing fat, not muscle. fasting isn't good for a couple %s of body fat cut, but it is good for dropping off multitudes of pounds of fat.

Would be better to run at sub 500 cal for weeks on end as a fat fuck. Get your protein in

why fast if you could do pmsf?

>why fast when you could fast

>all fasts are made equal

>why be religious when you can be Christian
>why drive a car when you can drive a bmw
>why hike a mountain when you can walk up a mountain

>cannibalizes

opinion discarded

ur mom cannibalizes her kids everytime she swallows my load niga