Alright, lets settle this once and for all

Alright, lets settle this once and for all.

>What is the proper way to hit Lateral (Side) Delts during Lateral Raises?

We all know the key to growth is high volume with low weight, but what is the proper technique/form?

>Internal Rotation?
>External Rotation?
>Neutral?

Which one isolates the most? Everyone seems to do these differently, who is right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3VcKaXpzqRo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

neutral but some people like to internally rotate
externally rotating is just wrong and does not completely isolate the lateral portion of the deltoid

That's what I gathered, also everyone I've seen doing external rotation are using too much weight and are swinging their body into it.

>1/4 good morning lateral raises.

Lateral raises are OK but I prefer Arnold press for shoulders.

>what is the proper technique/form?
The one that doesn't fuck up your shoulders.

I get a much better pump when I have to swing just a little bit, should I still stop?

if you bend over a bit, you can externally rotate while still hitting lateral delts

I externally rotate them

I use extremely light weight and 15 reps or more, and I try to hold them in the top position for a little between reps

I don't care about isolating the medial head though, I lean forward a bit so it hits the rear delt too

Sometimes I don't even do them because my shoulders are too fried from presses

>medial head
lateral*

The proper way is to focus on bringing the dumbbell as far away from your body as possible and stopping when your arm and shoulders are parallel. Beyond that I don't think it matters that much.

Internally rotating or even neutral can put shoulders into an impingement position l, externally rotating while leaning forward to keep the medial delt doing the majority of the work is the safest way to complete the exercise

Middle not medial*

ANTERIOR DELTOID

LATERAL DELTOID

POSTERIOR DELTOID

FUCKING PICK UP A BOOK

reading is for fags

I SAID TO PICK IT UP, NOT READ IT YOU FUCKING ILLITERATE FAGGOT

kek

High volume with low weights.. what?

Just do it like any other fucking muscle dude,

3-4x8 on a moderately heavy weight.. that is the key to growth.. or 3-4x8-12 on w.e weight you can squeeze them out on not breaking form.

Also Scott has a good video on them.

youtube.com/watch?v=3VcKaXpzqRo

Pullups, behind the neck pullups, OHP.

If you can actually hit your delts better that way keep going.

Beyond that point it's and unnatural movement and hurts your shoulder

No, those are called overhead raises (or Lu raises).