Anyone ever tried a 100% meme lifts routine? You know the ones i'm talking about

Anyone ever tried a 100% meme lifts routine? You know the ones i'm talking about
>dips
>pullups
>split squats
>hack squats
>front squats
basically all those lifts that have had clickbait articles written about them ("*standard lift* sucks, switch to x").
Long story short, I'm getting back into lifting after doing 5 months of Allpros last year. I got gr8 gains btw but since I'm in no hurry and can afford to possibly waste time, I'd like to try a complete meme routine with basically "substitutes" only (no machines tho).
This is basically out of curiosity and to see if the internet has been memeing me about the "big lifts" being the only road to gainzville.

>>dips
>>pullups

calisthenic routine

Dips are better than bench, far more upper body mass, you even gain muscle in lower traps if done correctly, can fuck up your body if you have weak rotator cuffs

Pull ups are goat compared to bent over rows, but they are kinda equal compared to t-bar rows

squat variations are good if you are above intermediate and stalled hard lately

I also like doing kneeling landmine presses as an accessory and landmine 180, both hella underrated but really good

Dips and pull ups meme lifts?

Oh, my sweet summer child...

how is it a meme? dips are best tricep exercise and also hit chest, pullups are best upper back exercise, front squats are best quad and core builders and also hit upper back

Um all I do are pullups, dips, press up variants, front squats, OHP and deadlifts.

Front squats in particular are great because they force posture correction. Any schmuck can cheat on a squat and exacerbate their postural deficiencies (and let's face it, 50% of gym goers have posture problems) - or you can do a front squat and be punished for your mistakes, and by extension be forced to correct it via stretching and foam rolling.

>> Meme lifts:
>>dips
>>pullups
>>front squats

You = fail.

OHP / Bench / Dips are the holy trinity of core push exercises.

Pullups and Rows are #1 for back development.

Backsquats and Frontsquats ... you guessed it, staples for leg development and leg strength.

If these are missing from your program you're never going to succeed as, or looking like, a strength athlete.

I meant "meme lifts" as in "/pl/ doesn't like it". I'm the guy willing to give them a try.

Those aren't meme lifts. Do
SSB squats
Bench w/ bands
Spoto press
Trap bar deadlifts
Legs up bench
Pause deadlifts
etc

>those thumbless rippletards doing good morning back squats

all of those lifts (apart from hack/split squats) are in any proper routine for intermediates and beyond

>You = fail

You=reddit

Am I the only one who can't breathe on tbar rows?

I never thought about breathing during those, they are so explosive that i'm just thinking how heavy it feels

Pullups and dips are some of the best upper-body workouts clown. if you think this you will never make it.

I kinda want to do it because I want to get swole without ever backsquatting just to prove Veeky Forums wrong but I'm afraid it just won't work and I'll be forced to admit Rippletits was right.
These dubs say I should tho.

no, but these do

>dips
>pullups
> meme lifts
wew lad

There is no reason you need squats. Think logically. It's a free weight exercise that works glutes and quads as a primary and hamstrings/core as a secondary. You could do

>Front Squats
>BB Hack Squats
>Leg Presses
>Barbell split squats
>Zercher squats
>Overhead Squats

And get the same damn thing.

you're a fucking idiot

This is basically what i do. if anything the Reddit Big 4 are the real meme lifts. i started incorporating lifts push presses and power cleans that require a modicum of coordination and athletics, and after a while of this, i feel overall stronger and more in control of my body than when i was focusing on my numbers on the Reddit 4. of course ymmv, but i'd recommend experimenting with a bunch of shit to see what works for you; and remember there's more to getting gains than hitting X/Y/Z pounds on lifts A/B/C.

but
>muh functional strength

/plg/ loves meme lifts

these. I would also add
>jeferson deadlifts
>chains
>box squats
>super heavy rack pulls
>attaching plates/kettlebells to the bar with resistance bands
>slingshot bench
>farmers walks

dude I have been doing only front squats for the last year or so. last week I installed a cage and started doing squats, the difference is amazing.
My thighs are fucking dead after each leg day, It's like I haven't even been training legs.

Dude, since this is obviously your first month lifting I'll help you out.

You may think you can get results with your pseudoscientific bullshit like "working the exact same muscles" and "the muscles don't know the difference between a leg press and a squat" but trust me, it's IMPOSSIBLE for your legs to grow at all without squatting 3x a week because your body won't release the testosterone that comes when it realizes you're doing The King of All Lifts.

Hope I helped you out kid, and if you're ever in my neighborhood gym, you'll know where to find me (pic related)

; )

>jefferson deadlift
>zercher squats
why

currently doing dips pullups front squats dumbbell row and face pulls and seeing some gains, especially back and arm gains
i am switching every training between weighted pullups and dips, with the other lift i hit reps

BRING THE ADRENALIN YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

If your a pussy that never gets to the point if adding weight.

what did you mean by this?