When i stand on my toes and do a squat i feels so much easier and natural, not to mention the ability to go ATG

when i stand on my toes and do a squat i feels so much easier and natural, not to mention the ability to go ATG.

where is the problem if i can't do this with my heels on the floor? ankle mobility or something else?

You'll find out when you try to squat something more than the bar.

It's bad ankle mobility and improper hip movement taking the bar out of the vertical path inline with the midfoot.

there is no problem with it, do whatever is most comfortable and allows you to progress.

if i put my feet roughly hip width apart and toes slighly out with around 8 inches between the heals i can easily squat down if my heels are not on the floor. if i put my heels on the floor i can't even hit parallel and it looks like quarter squat.

what are some good ankle mobility exercises so i can get that mobility with my heels on the floor?

bump

Firstly, how far can you get your knees in front of your toes? Stand facing a wall with your toes about 2 inches away from it, can you bed at the knees and get your knees to touch the wall?

Point your toes outwards

when will the newfags leave jesus christ

What's with the dubs fest in here?

Do you really think you're going to be able to safely perform the squat with 300lbs on your back if you're standing on your toes?

i can touch the wall with my right knee (heel on floor) when my toe is around 11 cm (4.3? inches) away from the wall.

my left knee is a different story. i can only touch the wall with it if my toe is also touching it, otherwise i can't.

years before I got into lifting I used to do body weight squats on my toes.

when I started lifting and read up on joint movement I discovered that its as bad for the ankles and knees as sit- ups for the back or weighted dips for rotator cuffs.

but its your beautiful body, you do what you want *in Cartman's voice*

Ok your right ankle is fine but it seems you need to stretch your left, I suggest using this test as a way of stretching out your ankle. Just keep trying to get your knee closer to the wall everyday. Without seeing a video or anything, it's hard to tell but you may have more of a hip inflexibility than an ankle one, try just sitting in a wide squat position for a long as you can (hold onto something in front of you, like a door handle or heavy table or something) and try and sink into it and push your knees out. Then try to do this with an ever narrowing stance until things improve

i'm not doing this at the gym with weight on my back. i just want to know what i can do to be able to achieve this depth without having to raise my heels of the floor.

try widening your stance, 8 inches between your heels may be too close for how your hip is built

Actually, 8 inches will almost certainly be too close for squatting unless you are a very small child, try watching some YouTube vids

pretty sure it's my ankle and not my hips. i can do pike stand and touch the floor

pic related where the tightness is. should i go see a physio?

You're a complete idiot, do it the right way or do it the wrong way like a retard.

It's fucking easier to use heal and front foot to squat, but its not how you build muscle and look aesthetic.

>8 inches between the heals
>may

Holy fuck I want newfaggots to lurk more.

Read SS. Heels should be shoulder-width apart, with foot angle determined by individual anthropometry. This is basic shit. If you can't read a 350 page book, you're too dumb to make it

By stretching. You can't do it because you're inflexible as fuck from sitting in chairs all day like any other person is in the western world. You can look up stretches for squatting on youtube

yeah i know that's too narrow, it was just an example. unless i go super wide i can't go bellow parallel without raising my heels of the floor

Anterior ankle impingement.

Super wide may not actually be as wide as you think

i guess this is it. i'll try some stretching and if it doesn't work i'll just go to physio

squat more than the bar first