Injuries thread

Anyone else here currently suffering from a Veeky Forums related injury or just recovered from one? Come in and commisserate.

For me I just recently pulled my back on of all things a 150lb warmup squat. Just suddenly couldn't go any deeper and it's been moderately hurting for a few weeks now. Doctor told me it was minor and would probably recover even without physical therapy in a few weeks with just basic stretches and postures but no lifting allowed. Fuck everything.

How does it hurts?

A mild pain that comes and goes in the lower back, intensifying if I put it under load.

Ye had this lowerback injury for a month now. Hurts like hell when bending over, although constant streches helped a bit. Hopefully after my comp. in 2 weeks i shall take time off to heal fully.
And all because I didn't warmup properly once

Last few days in a splint for my wrist. I'll know on Wednesday if I have a torn ligament or not. Fucking sucks yo.

Pulled my neck from bad form on a squat last Friday. Still have neck aches unless I take medicine. How long does a pulled neck take to recover? I haven't lifted since that Friday, and I'm getting antsy

How do you know it's not a spine problem?

I sprained my wrist too...I'll give it 2 more weeks, it's been one week. I don't feel anything anymore but to make sure I can't just start picking up shit...I'll just start with like 5lbs and do wrist work or something REEEEEEEEEE

Thing is I might just stop lifting, one hand is a waste of time and I work at school so I'm just doing shit at the desk instead of picking up shit like I usually do since I'm the "man on roids". At least girls talk to me now and ask why I have a splint then joke about lifting too much heheheh

Mild tennis elbow. Still lifting but foregoing stuff that requires a lot of gripping. Gonna take time off it starts to worsen

>torn meniscus in right knee from squat
>rotator cuff tear from ohp
>strained Achilles' tendon in left leg playing football with the nephews during the superb owl

I've been doing nothing but light cardio for six months hoping the knee and shoulder shit gets better.

I wanna lift again brehs

Bump. Plz halp

Golfers elbow here. Fucking anything that directly works the tricep and pullups are excrociating.

My doctor said it was minor at best after testing me.

Same here, but only in my right elbow for some reason, does anyone know if those compression sleeves work for that or is it broscience?

dislocated shoulder
At least it's healing well.

Shinsplints for the umpteenth time.

Pretty fed up and worried now. I'm trying to get into the army so I have till the 4th April to heal them up and get my 2.4km run time down to under 11mins

Was diagnosed with patellarfemoral syndrome a couple months ago. Was doing high bar squats when i felt a pop in my knee and it started hurting. Turns out i have longish legs compared to my torso, so i switched to low bar and have been working back up with a lot less pain. I think if you have long legs, low bar is a much better option than high bar just because high bar will force your knees farther forward, and youre already getting a lot of that from having long legs.

I've had testicular pains every day for almost a year now and I have no goddamned idea what's causing it.

I've been to a urologist twice and he ruled out any infections as being the cause and said I have enlarged veins that get irritated when I strain too hard during exercise.

Shit has been flaring up again suddenly this week and I'm this close to just chopping the fucking things off because ibuprofen is doing Jack shit to help.

I feel your pain. I've had shin splints for months that don't seem to go away. I've taken weeks off running, and stretched and strengthened but nothing seems to really work. I don't know what the fuck to do.

Yeah, its bullshit. I went to a run shop, got my form checked and dropped 100 quid on a new shoes, got insoles, started doing calf exercises/stretches daily and foam rolled it too

Every time I try to run faster or further I get them.

I lost my shoulders

I was whining about this in a few threads yesterday, but:
>left leg has a pain in it which forces me to limp slightly when it's not warmed up; I've stopped cardio for a few days until it rights itself
>Right arm was injured by not warming up properly on bench, and trying to hit my normal weight after 2 weeks out of the gym
>Was sprinting at a game and overbalanced, landing very heavily on my left arm 2 days ago; moving or rotating in certain directions hurts like a motherfucker

I've never used ibuprofen before yesterday, but that shit is like magic.

Not really. I use one and it doesn't seem to do much

fuck injuries

quit after my first year of college, no more sports

Two weeks ago my left shoulder was slightly sprained from pr'ing my bench, two days later I sprained my lower back squatting and three days after that I hurt something in my bicep/elbow area when I was armwrestling. All of those mostly healed pretty quickly, but I had to skip a week.

Is it like a hollow ache in your balls? I get this from time to time, it's usually only for a week or two a year though. Fuck I hate that feeling man. Couldn't imagine it all the time

I do worry about this. I was told not to worry, but my back has been hurt for almost a month now so of course I worry about it.

Might've busted my kneecap doing atg squats. Never again.

>cable crossovers
>one handed
>floor slanted
>dumbbells roll and shit
>pin slowly slipping out of weight hole with every lift
>falls out
>full strength pull
>punch self in face
>hit floor reeeing
>cardio bunnies chuckling

was talking with some guys at work about routines and they say doing shoulders and chest on the same day is a bad idea, i think they're full of shit. i run PPL obviously they have to be on the same day so this can't be true, right?

Yeah it's pretty dull. It's also random, like sometimes I'll feel it sitting down and then it's gone the next time I sit.

Fucked my traps up doing ohp's a few days ago, got acupuncture treatment today but still can't lift shit, sucks.

Fucked up something in my lower back. Lower back in general is stiff, but the pain is in one side. Can do most exercises and back extensions fine. The pain occurs as I reach the bottom of the squat, and push up, racking/deracking the bar mildly, but the most pain occurred from dead lift. I could squat 135lbs just fine on it with a manageable level of pain, but even a 95lb deadlift triggered my pain.

The deadlift helped me isolate what was causing the pain though, its a muscle above my right ass check. Most of the pains been on the right side as well.

Went to the doctor, he told me to rehab it for 3-4 weeks then come see him again if its still bothering me.

I hope your traps are okay
be gentle with them next time user
they're good boys, they dindu nuffin wrong

That's exactly where I am, user.

Was told to rehab it for 3 weeks as well, on week 1.

It sucks. I hate it. The pain has actually gotten a bit worse since I went to the doctor. Still manageable, but uncomfortable.

I hope we both make it.

pulled my trap on the right side deadlifting because i turned my head, twice
have to squat in adipowers now. used to divebomb with to much weight and now i have limited dorsiflexion on my right foot

When I visited the doctor, he suggested that my right side was over-developed. Im guessing what happened was that I was over using the right side of my body compared to my left which put too much strain on it which caused the issue. I have googled a few things, I initially thought I may have herniated a disc or maybe tore it since I had minor sciatic involvement while sitting down. Talked to an actual powerlifter, he squats >400lbs regularly and he said hes never had a disc problem but has had hip erector issues. The pain was on that side, but I am not sure that's the best match for my symtoms. I think if I had fucked up a disc it would be more painful.

My ass has also hurt when sitting down a lot, I used to be pretty comfy sitting but then I lost near about 100lbs and my ass now hurts to sit on for lengthy periods of time. That, with the disc problem being less likely and the nerve involvement going away fairly quickly (two weeks of it) make me think I may have Piriformis Syndrome, or had it and it went away.

I definitely have some sciatic involvement. I think I do actually have a herniated disc, although my case may certainly be more similar to yours. Either way my doctor was fairly dismissive of it having long term effects after he felt me for reactions etc despite me being the only one that ever used the actual term 'herniated disk'.

I had made considerable squat and deadlift gains fast recently and I have actually noticed that my left side is stronger than my right, and the right was initially the part that felt tight but now it is the left that is bugging me after 2 weeks now that the sciatic has kind of faded.

But knowing my luck it probably is a disk and it's going to be a pain in the ass for the next few weeks at least, and since my work is physical no rest for the wicked etc.

Jesus Christ you got fucked up
Sorry man. Hope you manage to recover.

Yeah I had sciatic involvement for a two week stretch before I even knew I had injured anything which makes it hard to tell if it was a minor issue or if was indicative of a longer-issue. Been doing weighted cable crunches which I think has helped.

If you aren't experiencing pain, and dont have loss of sensation or weakness in your limbs you should be alright. Mine would just make my muscles quiver in my right ass cheek and my right thigh. Then it went away as the injury healed.

Unfortunately there's moderate pain in my lower back in the last few days. A lot of that is I think because I'm working and on my feet for 10 hours a day with no way to not be, which is probably not helping things.

Fortunately I'll be off and able to not do that starting Monday, so it'll be rest time.

I think where I'm at is that I started off with something lesser, didn't realize I had it since it was *only* while squatting, then I did like 20 sit ups and it lit my back on fire.

I feel a shoulder injury coming on, taking 5 days rest using biofreeze and rolling it/doing mobility work.

Working it out, as long as its manageable is good user. You want the body to repair itself. You have to be careful of re injury, so you need to not stress it. Find what works and stick with it and make sure you are icing it and taking nsaids after working it to reduce inflammation. The inflammation is what causes your sciatic nerve to get triggered.

If it's on one side right above your ass cheek then it's part of your hip that got pulled. Work more on your hip flexibility.

Part of my hip that got pulled? Could you be more descriptive user? I'd love to become as well informed as I can so I can be as descriptive as possible when I meet a doctor again in 2-3 weeks.

I'll try that, user. My thanks.

flexibility exercises of all kinds are great too. Not even weighted, just hitting it from every angle.

Basically the tendons that go from your ass and connect to your hip bones. Try to focus on stretching that part out and make sure you can do a full squat with your back straight.

... how. Traps are nigh indestructible.

Shoulder bursitis, and physiotherapy did fuck all. jdimsa

For the past four months ive been training pretty hard almost eveyday. Most of my excersises revolve around fixing my posture. Anyways, today While doing one of my posture excerises (not sure what it is called but it uses a cable machine and involves locking the elbow to the side of the chest and swinging it outword i believe for the rotator cuff) I had some major difficulty. When doing the excerises on the left side I can normal pull 6lbs without a problem but today I could barley do 2.5lbs. I wasn't in pain but it felt like my range of motion had greatly decreased. I also noticed it making quite a lot of cracking noises. Now as im typing this it seems like the stability is a little off and i feel a tad bit of heat in my left lower shoulder in an isolated area. If it is injured what should my plan be? I still want to work on my posture but if im injured how can I do that? How long should I let it rest? Im always very good at stretching so im a bit confused.

Pulled muscles in neck from rugby
Just remember Veeky Forums we can't live a mile a minute. Gotta stop and smell the roses at some point

Please

Somehow tweaked my shoulder doing bench 2 weeks ago or so. Used to hurt a little while dong bench. Doing OHP was fine (unless I did OHP right after bench). Haven't benched this week to see if that helps but sadly it started hurting doing OHP as well..

and last night it started to hurt doing lowbar squats. I guess there's a trigger point or something right where I put the bar. or my shoulder was just extra tight. No pain when I put the bar on my back or during my set, but as soon as I reracked the weight and stepped back there was a small pain that lasted for a second and radiated through my arm.
getting nervous because I finally got to 1 plate OHP and I want to improve my bench (which is poverty), I wanted 2 plate bench before I finished my bulk in april but I don't think that's going to happen. making an appointment with a physiotherapist on Monday.

Like 2 weeks. I'm not kidding. Is it super painful when you first wakeup?

broke my leg playing hockey, needed two surgeries and the guy in the bed next to me was a fucking psycho

he was there because he stabbed his girlfriend and then jumped out of a 3rd story window

>sprained wrist from falling on ice a month ago, still recovering
>fucked up lower back from doing dumbbell rows from 1-2 months ago
>what i assume is a torn rotator cuff from trying a stupid bodyweight exercise a year ago
I'm 21, been lifting for 2 years, kill me now

Broke one ankle and sprained the other attempting a 500lb DL. Not because of the weight, literally just slipped on the platform which the new fag who works in the gym since two weeks ago had cleaned with way too much of whatever soapy bullshit they use because he thought nobody would come in after 10pm anyway so he could cheap out on his nightshift work.

Pro: sued the fuckers, got shekels
Con: only liftan bw+(at the very most)50lbs for the next eight months

Machines do help with coping but you try to find genuine non gay sitting/kneeling/laying down substitutes for squats, dl, and most rows, I dare you lmao

I genuinely feel sorry for laughing at this, but I did.

Right now I am shitting my pants almost literally thinking that I herniated the esophagus

Tltr
> be me leg day at the gym
> went to at 3 in the morning when there is no one cuss I jump from work out to work out
> go to the leg press machine see is loaded to the rim with weights
> pull half the weight out and test if I can do the push, good weight is good.
> go away from machine and start routine starting with core building to legs till I finally got to the leg press.
> set my self up and let the weight fall on my legs.
> too much weight bend my legs all the way doing building pressure and burning sensation in my stomach.

I got up and walked around wondering what the fuck happen, someone loaded extra 90 pounds that I didn't saw, when the fucking gym was almost empty.

This type of shit only happens to me I swear.

Right now I have a burning sensation on my stomach, not too much but noticeable, gas and acid, I wonder if I should go to the er

I have abdominal pain that's affecting me energy wise so I've had to stop lifting for a few weeks at least untiI I see a doctor.
People have been saying I should go to A&E but its nowhere near an emergency.

Sounds like hernia too.
Search for hiatal hernias see if you got the symptoms.

If you do stop working until you see a doctor

might be the pressure on your abdomen ,caused by the knees bending over it , released a flux of gastric acid up the esophagus. but if you see it doesnt relieve in the following hours , you might have to go to the er and get it checked.

It's not an injury yet, and I don't wanna let it become one.

My shoulder has been nagging me for about a week. Went to do an upper body lift this morning, and I tried warming it up with 1pl8 on bench. It doesn't hurt like a legitimate injury, but it definitely feels like something in there needs more rest. So, I just packed my shit up, and left.

That was 4 hours ago I still got problems, something went wrong and I got no insurance so I know they won't do nothing for me.

I don't know what to do, I just admit I drank coffee and eat canned beans that night so the acid could be explained even tho I didn't have any problems prior to the injury.

I am shitting.my pants, is kind of getting better not worst at least but I don't know if I should wait till something happens, I read that of herniated something I could be life threatening, I know I am kind of reckless but I swear if there is a god he hates me, this type of shit is always happening to me

Go to the fucking ER dingus. Or at least a minor emergency. Minor will only be a few hundred to check you out probably and the ER will treat you even if you can't pay. You might have to negotiate later or go bankruptcy but nigga what good is money if you're dead or crippled.

>but I swear if there is a god he hates me
This only happened because you were too lazy to warm up with lighter weights first

That was my last push up man, I was doing legs and core all the way down to that moment, I swear I never realized someone put extra weight in it and no one was even working in that area except for a guy that I asked if he was going to use the machine and said no.

I must admit I was stupid for trying to set the weight first and then later jump on the machine lesson learned, never leave the machine in attended but I swear that's the reason I go in the middle of the night to do legs,I like jumping from work out to work out fast.

Never again if I make it out of this one I'll pace my self can't afford injuries

pain under scapula that I woke up with one day... think it was a because of the flu. Doing squats and OHP would result in excruciating pain in the aforementioned area... experiencing no pain now but i'm too scared to lift heavier on my squats.

Chronic mild wrist pain from shit form on reverse curls and a tummy ache from scarfing down a can of refried beans.

>forget I hurt my back in squats for a moment
>jump a few times on cement

Ffffffffffff

I haven't got acid reflux or anything, its more of a stomach flu like ache than anything else...

Urgent care center probably could help him

hurt everything performing sideway decline deadlifts

Watched my knee rotate in awful ways while playing soccer 6 months ago. Have been trying to work back into running again. Significant pain if I try to do ass to grass bodyweight squats. Haven't been to a real doctor but think I might have done something bad. Tell me everything will be alright Veeky Forums