Why is rowing the best compound exercise and why aren't you doing it?

why is rowing the best compound exercise and why aren't you doing it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SVl0Zt-kZys
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hey, I agree

I am. I just do it with a barbell, on my feet, because I'm not a fat lazy dyel.

yeah, barbell rows and heavy dumbbell rows (kinda Kroc-style) are pretty much perfect exercises

I started doing rows for my cardio and warm up. Keep the fly wheel at five and try to maintain 2:30-2:45 500 m split. Just remember legs - arms - arms - legs.

>(kinda Kroc-style)
This term has been officially terminated due to excessive trans faggotry

I do agree, rowing is a fucking awesome but hard exercise to perform.

That and swimming at full speed.

A 2:30 on the 5 setting could barely be called a warm up for anyone. Apply yourself.

I row everyday and it's literally the GOAT of machines. I've been trying to get my 2k down below 7:46, but I keep slowing down around 1100m in.

Because i do snatch grip upright rows.

at what should resistance be at?

What are your 500m splits looking like?

My split times are normally around 1:52. I can go 1:40s but not for too long, and 1:30s are just death

how come my right arm has trouble doing one arm dumbell row but my left arm doesnt?
im a righty
what did my body mean by this?

I do pullups instead

I fucking hate my gym's rowing machines, not because they're annoying, but because no one else knows how to use them. There's a lever that you need to toggle to change the machine's resistance, which is independent of the resistance counter on the digital display (used really just to tabulate calories/watts/etc), but no one has ever fucking touched the levers in all the times I've been on them. The resistance on the digital display actually goes all the way up to 30 even though the lever can only be set to 20.

So I sit down on that fucking rowing machine after lifting, throw the lever to "20" and set the digital counter to "20" to start my cardio, turning into a sweaty, puffing mess by the five minute mark. Invariably, some middle aged faggot will come and sit down on the machine next to me, set the display to "30" with the lever stuck at "5" and start ripping the cord like he's trying to start a fucking Beyblade.

This shouldn't make me as mad as it does.

kek that fat fuck is gonna snap his shit up. people who use the erg but have no idea what they're doing make me cringe. i see it all the time at my gym

Doesn't doing it like that kill your lower back? I don't see why you wouldn't be susceptible to disc slip

this is actually from a video of him breaking the 100m world record. let that shit sink in.

youtube.com/watch?v=SVl0Zt-kZys

Do 500m x 4 sprints with one minute rest once every three days then 5k on the other days keeping a constant split of less then 2 mins

You should get there in a few weeks if you put the effort in.

What the fuck, how can someone break a world record on a machine, holy Kek.

Let me guess, the whole number of participants for this world record is him + a few of his friends?

>not knowing brian shaw
>talking shit about him
fuck off you dyel

Wtf whole sport of rowing btfo now

TEN! It's pretty easy to be honest

lmao Veeky Forums rips skinny ergos

It's because your dominant arm is actually more useful stabilizing your body for leverage when your weak arm is pulling the weight, than if your weak arm is stabilizing your body while your dominant arm pulls the weight

they probably think you are a weak faggot struggling so hard at 20 resistance.

Ok, i am quite new into lifting but how do i do these without destroying my back

Similar times as you, easiest way to get better times is to do HIIT for 10km.

>being a swimlet