Is military a factor in anyone's fitness journey here?

Is military a factor in anyone's fitness journey here?

Discuss

Yup. Its the only reason I run

yeah.

im still planning on either joining infantry and going through BRC primer there or taking a recon contract and risking it after finishing my degree.

im gonna need a perfect PFT at minimum so a lot more running and much less lifting is in my future.

No, the military is full of faggots who kill civilians

Enjoy dying for nothing

It was literally the only thing that kept me from being a worthless fat normie for the last 10 years. now that im out its time for penn station for lunch and chinese buffet for dinner

fml I just want to lift weights but have to do all this hiking and running in preparation for paratrooper training

Yes I am frequently running from the military.

>No, the military is full of faggots who kill civilians
>Enjoy dying for nothing
How is Commie Cali treating you, hippie?

have to stay in shape for muh jerb and make fat bodies feel like shit

A mixture of calisthenics and lifting is key

Then why did you get out? You were half way there

Just having muscle mass isn't gonna do much for ya down range mane. Shoulda lived that comfy pog life

Same. I'm working on push-up and pull-ups, thinking about going to OCS in the winter

Yeah, I started running yesterday for the first time because I'm gonna get in shape to go into the military.

My reasons are combination of love for my country and president. Also nothing really going my way here in civilian life, no gf, no friends etc...

If you really just started running, don't over do it. Build up the distance and speed gradually or shin splints will be the end of you. Have good running shoes and form

>My reasons are combination of love for my country and president.
fag

yea my cousin works as a fireman in the (ch)air force

and I have to trot around for miles every day

fuck

I was overweight and lazy before being conscripted after high school. My year in the military taught me the importance of keeping a fit body, and showed me how fun it can be to push your limits.

Best tips to anyone planning on going army: run a lot. Running is the basis of all activity in the military.

>falling for the military meme
Enjoy your fucked up joints

worth fucked up joints though. the connections and opportunities are cray

>everyone in the military has a combat role
Fuck off

Not sure what countries you guys are from but I have never seen a military man look fit. They are usually DYEL or fat. If you're in a car club a lot of the younger guys with decent cars spent their enlistment bonus on the car, so you can see what typical army men look like. I also worked on a base for a while. This is in America BTW so your countries may vary.

Yeah, I'm hoping if I get fit enough, the state will let me murder people in other countries.

>helping soldiers efficiently kill people is better than murdering
You don't even get to take part in the fun

Bong Infantryman here

I'm DYEL as fuck but my fitness is very good considering.

Hill sprints and tabs make you fit as fuck but I'm not looking forward to the back surgery I'm inevitably going to need in 20 years.

FIBUA is the most physically intensive thing I've ever done and I did boxing for like 6 years in my youth

>t. a huge pussy

Make sure you can tread water for a good 50 minutes and ruck, a lot.

I used to tell myself that kind of crap but it was my only source of motivation and made me push my boundaries
Ended up going to college and ditching military
Not a single regret

statistically most military dudes you encounter will be pogs

Tbh there really are a lot of opportunities. But you'd better push yourself far.

The brothers you'll make especially in a combat or SOF unit (especially the latter) will be irreplaceable

>pogs

The game or People of Green Skin?

>brothers
don't be sexist it's 2017 ffs user.

People other than grunts

Stop pretending to give a fuck about people you've never been within 1000 kilometers from.

Kek

>tfw my country's military has too many volunteers
>tfw 2-3 year of waiting with no gurantee of getting in
>tfw if I want to join, I have to write a contract saying they can randomly draft me for the rest of my life with no prior warning
I wanted to join the military but this shit makes me feel like shit about it

What country user-kun?

Dude, liftin became my life once I joined the military. Met some cool guys who like to lift and now I do it every day.

whaaaaaaaaaat

Turkey?

I can't think of any other country that has too many volunteers, I know being in the military is very respectable over there

What kind of routine would you suggest that incorporates both?

How do I get faster?

>Turkey
>Volunteers

A large part of their army is drafted

squats with full rom and pretty much any legs exercises

The draft in Denmark consist entirely of volunteers

Was a big factor in my inability to preserve muscle mass. working 12+ hours a day, high stress, depression, drinking. I was good on neurological gains though.

Been out for a year, put on more lean muscle, lowered body fat, reduced stress, stopped drinking. Life is good.

military is my backup.

if my life goes down the shitter, first thing im doing is signing up.

Same here, and the time is almost upon me.

>dropped out of med school because I hate the medical industry
>decide to take up engineering instead
>can't get motivated
>failing 2 classes currently
>out of 4 I'm taking

Is it time?

Right on the money. I plan on joining the Marine Corps after college, I'm getting in better and better shape after being a fat lazy piece of shit my whole life. Continuing the military tradition in my family.

It might be.

Just don't think about OCS with green text like that, you won't pass the board.

Yeah, fuck that. I'm so tired of school. I talked to a recruiter last week, and he said that they don't accept people on anxiety medication. Maybe I should just end it all instead.

persons of friendship

>anxiety meds
MEPS only knows what you tell them. Think they're gonna spend money to ask your insurance your medical history?

Most professional soldiers in my country are fitter than average person in their age but far from being really fit. That is why I opted out from military to leo+degree from uni. Luckily our military makes a good use of its reserve to do peacekeeping. Sof-guys are machines though obviously.

i dropped out of BRPC for pneumonia but ill answer any questions you might have.

One of the main reasons for lifting

Josh Bridges is cool, he was a Navy SEAL and one of the fittest guys out there. Sad he is a manlet, other than that he's the shit.

>1/2/3.5/4.5
>get sent to buttfuck nowhere for 3 months
>no gym
>no where to even make a pullup bar
>come back to civilization
>lost all gains
>to depressed to start all over again.
I guess I'll just become a cardiofag because that's all the military pushes for anyway.

>not lying to MEPS at every turn
its like you dont want to enlist

What branch/job do you do? Out of curiosity

A few months away from graduating but going sigs afterwards.

Yes. Lost about 30 kg and got in shape. Started at 105 kg, dropped to 75 in 8 months. Military service is mandatory in my country, if the recruit fits the criteria (citizen, healthy, no criminal offences etc). After that I promised myself to never get out of shape again. That was 10 years ago and I have kept my promise. I run and lift weights regularly.

Gotta get Veeky Forums if I want SFAS and Q to work out

>taking a recon contract and risking it after finishing my degree
The water is what gets the most drops. If you fuck up they can put you anywhere, be careful. If you're getting your degree, maybe look into Ground Intelligence Officer

Yup. I only run, and do pull ups and dips because that's what I'm gonna have to do for fitness testing once I join the IDF.

since you mentioned med school...
why did you switch to engineering, and not gone to pharma school? you'd have the chemical background if you took all the premed courses in undergrad.

Served in the finnish military,now going for ffl

Civilian life sucks.

Not that other guy, but what caused the pneumonia? Is it easy to make friends, or does everybody hate everybody?

dude said he hated the medical industry

>civilian life sucks
Why?

not him, but for whatever reason i just dont think im built for it. civilian life feels wrong, i am discontented and unfulfilled.

Same reasons as this guyAlso feel like im not build for it,miss my days in service.

i hesitate to say that its something wrong with us, as the same feeling is what pushes me to better myself in every facet of life. its like a fire in my bones that civilian life puts out.

Funny thing is, this is exactly why I've started talking to a recruiter. I feel restless as a civilian, but levelheaded and motivated when I think about enlisting.

embrace the fire buddy

I start my BASIC course for the RAF in June.

I've been lifting for 2 years now and only now has it clocked on to me that gains/runs are fuck all for passing fitness tests.

Starting whole new routine where I do nothing but endurance training and anaerobic shit until I can move without it hurting me.

Anyone got any tips for bleep test?

>RAF
>prepare

m8

I was never fat but I was an
>inactive
>kid
It took be a long time just to get good enough for an 11:11, 1.5 mile.
I don't have an excuse, I was just a poorly fit guy.

Yeah, I'm getting ready to go talk to officer recruiters. Thinking about OCS. Haven't decided which branch yet.
My problem is that I have some joint problems and osgood schlatter and it's painful as fuck.

Always played sports, always worked out, but at 24 It's incredible how much more I feel the aches as opposed to me 4 years ago

Always wanted to do operator shit but I'm worried my body just won't let me.
Seriously considering going on HGH to pass that plateau and grind past the pain

>operator shit
You at 80 will look back on you at 24 and laugh that you thought you knew what pain was

I've survived cancer, meningitis, a stabbing and a car crash. As well as Od'ing and also drowning. I know pain. It's consistent chronic pain that gets to me.

hey man, ive been reading shit about specifically recon for almost 2 years now, read hundreds of posts about people who have dropped/ in over their heads etc.

ive also heard a lot of people who made it through without any prior swim training, weren't the most fit but didnt give up.

since you dropped, can you tell me how prepared you thought you were, the point where you thought you were ready and if going for it was something you've wanted for a very long time?

also a specific run-down of your day to day BRPC routine would be helpful.

also if you "dropped" out because of pneumonia wouldnt you have the option of being placed into holding until the next group? unless it was a true DOR.

If you're 1.5 mile is 11 minutes, RAF training will be a breeze m80

They let drug addicts with cancer and meningitis become officers in the US?

1.5 mile is easy mate.

What I am worried about is the fucking bleep test.
I need better endurance training shit.

I know "RAF is easy" is a meme, but I ain't letting shit go down to chance

the reserves is best of both world ya Full time cucks

Isn't the RAF bleep test needed only like 6 or something shit

I had to get 12 at PRMC

there aint no good for me in the civvie world is what im trying to convey. the reserves would just be the worst of one world and half the other

Considering I'm 24. Survived the illness as a child and experienced drugs in high school. I can't imagine why they wouldn't.

I have a degree. Good GPA. Athletic. Good leadership skills etc.

Might be different in the states, but where I live they wouldn't let you become an officer/soldier with that history.

9:10 for me.

Any tips bar "just fucking practice bleep test like haha nigga"

I'm not going to tell them I did drugs in highschool. lol why would I tell them that?

"Hey btw guys, when I was an adolescent and didn't know wtf I was doing wit my life I experimented with illegal substances"

>can choose deployments and volunteer at other places doing cool shit
>drink with buddies after training
> no one has a giant stick up their ass
>double dipping and job connections
nigga you fucking up

Going on third year of service now
I don't even lift anymore because after 3 weeks on field rats all gains are fucking gone anyways
My knees are slowly crumbling to dust and my back has compressed at least an inch in the last year.
On the bright side tho I can fit like 12 pineapples up my ass at once now.

Rockape?

Run up a hill

naisu beito

Surely it's on your medical record?

>My reasons are combination of love for my country and president.

Lol, when you actually go AD and realize what a load of bull shit that is, you are going to have a mental breakdown. Grow the fuck up.

No idea yet. I'm a boot pog for right now, I'll find out soon

weak slav chin

Am in college. Think it's gay. Wanna join militree.