Is the mixed grip a meme or is it actually helpful when lifting big?

Is the mixed grip a meme or is it actually helpful when lifting big?

It's really helpful

/thread

is that dude just being a cheeky fucker or is he really struggling on 1plate?

Careful now. Can lead to bicep tears.

welcome

this, if you're lifting so heavy that you can't use double overhand then you're most likely egolifting anyway, which means your form is probably shit and that's when you cause damage. either that or you have bitch grip, in which case it should be a sign you need to strengthen it.

Exactly, look how wide the guy in the front's feet are. He's clearly egolifting.

Sometimes when I deadlift my fingers give out before my body does. How do I fix this?

Mixed grip is retarded. Just train grip strength. Or you can enjoy a torn bicep and/or asymmetrical muscles.

found the sub-405 deadlifter

is there a YT video of that webm?

Didn't even notice what the guy in the middle/on the left was doing the first time. lmao

>Is the mixed grip a meme or is it actually helpful when lifting big?

This is a kind of question that should be asked and answered during your first week of lifting.

Are you literally this new?

Fuck this board nothing but beginners and lonely neets.

This is bullshit once you get to intermediate you have to use mixed grip this is coming from a guy who doh 495x3 but I switch grip 585 x2

Hook grip or straps. Don't do that mixed shit.

Freels. Less fitness questions and more dank sips threads.

I should add or straps. I use doh until my grip gives out then I'll use mixed for my heaviest set then if it's an amrap I'll use straps. And believe me I do lots for grip training.

>tfw you dont have lifting bros to make going to the gym fun and not just something you do because you are lonely

>not using double underhand and transitioning into a curl
dyels lol

so many things are happening in this webm.

this thread is destined for a lot of replies.

how many different things can you spot?

>all those unused machines
disgusting

Could anyone link me the youtube channel with the guy deadlifting like 105 lbs over funny commentary?

Double overhand until you can at least max out 4pl8. Then get some straps or go hook. If you can't double overhand 4pl8 you have shit grip and should train it. I see faggots in the gym using mixed grip for lmao2pl8, don't be those guys.

I only do mixed grip.

I pulled 6½ plate with mixed grip, no belt etc without any grib problems at all. I doubt that I would be able to pull even 6 plate with a double overhand/hook etc.

you stupid?

>use chalk
>Mix grip
>Straps
>Train your grip

yep lmao

bump

i too want an answer for this

Are you using chalk? If not, you really gotta do it. It makes a ton of difference.

You can get liquid chalk as well, which works just as fine

Can we make this a /deadlift/ thread?

Why is the deadlift such a meme lift/dependent on proportions? I know it helps to be all stubby to be good at benching and squatting, but whenever I see a dude squat twice his bodyweight he definitely looks like he lifts.

I've seen people at my gym and on social media deadlift 400-500lbs for reps and they look like they just play sports recreationally for a workout, and then squat with good form with like 2plate at best. Is the deadlift really THAT much more affected by ideal proportions/levers?

i find that mixed grip fucks with my hip position but its definitely a stronger grip than double overhand. i deadlift with straps and sadly neglect hitting forearms after, for which i feel much shame. however, my traps grow way too fast and static holds make them grow even faster so i dunno what to do.

Yeah let's make this a DL thread

I also have questions,i'm a noob,1 month into lifting.I pulled 165lbs for 5 reps the other day and although my back is straight in the mirror i'm afraid my form is shit.Like i'm "pulling" too much and not "pushing away" with my legs enough,i also feel like i don't pull and push at the same time during the movement,i pull first and push at the end of the rep.How do i fix this lads ?

my recommendation is just to focus on the bar against you at all times/tight while just thinking about standing up/pushing with your feet.

Though it helps me to go heavy, I know when I'm warming up for whatever reson it's harder for me to get the pushing sensation

Explain to me why you don't do farmers walks on days you deadlift, Veeky Forums?

because i don't deadlift

Mix grip for real

because I do grip strength work on days I deadlift and deadlifts already have me fucking cooked, don't really have the work capacity to do both

sure

are you meant to retract the scapula when you diddlydong?

>lifter shoes for deadlifts
>bazinga shirt
>that hair
>glasses
>friends with Pajeet

could the faggot in the back be any more of a failure?

Make sure your center of gravity is correct and don't hyper extend your back when you lean

>ppl not understanding that the two people in the back were trying to fuck up the video

Friendly reminder that Deadlifts are a worthless meme and don't do anything for aesthetics

>all that gear for 3.25 plates

Why?

I can't stop sucking dicks the post

Mixed grip is the only correct way to deadlift.

Where do you think you are, fatty faggot?

don't forget the
>gym shorts

>all that gear
>A belt

I prefer hook grip + chalk. Mixed just feels wrong to me.

I don't know what it is about deadlift grips that really brings out the autism in people.

I use mixed grip because the bar feels more stable and "locked in" at the start of the pull.

Do whatever feels right to you.

great if you want to bicep tear

You can lift more, but the downside is you have to use a mixed grip whenever you wanna do that weight lol.

Basically just use it for e-statting.

Mixed grip and you might tear your biceps.

Do you need a belt for baby weight?

switch hands every once and a while

sure thing, i'll completely stop training the rest of my body to work on my grip.

you can train your grip separately from DLs, there's no reason to stop progressing on DL just because your grip is weak. it isn't like the DL is only exercising your hands

Are you retarded? That's just a warmup set for him. This guy goes to my Uni and he can DL 550+ for reps. He's going to the Arnold in March.

If you're going to train mixed grip, make sure to change your sets to be an even amount so that you can swap hand every set. For example, I do it this way:

135 2x5 (Left hand over, then right hand over)
225 2x4 (L then R)
315 2x3 (L then R)