What should I try and get my kids into and at what age?

My boys are 3 in April. I'm thinking about putting them in some martial arts classes and/or sports. I'm not sure where to start though for kids so young.

I was also considering dance classes like ballet or something for help with posture, core and balance. I think at a young age they wouldn't get the stick they would when older.

3 is too early for sports. It's unlikely they've developed the mental skills for team play. Free dance/swim/tumble are good ideas at this age. It'll get them excited for activity early and prepare them for organized sports at 6 or 7.

Fostering a lifelong love of dance is great and all, but a good coach in ANY sport will be drilling balance and core.

kek let them play outside with friends for a few years like normal kids then introduce them a few sports and show them what they are about and let them decide what they want to do and are interested in

only put them into dance or ballet if you want to help get them laid, not if you want to work on their posture, thats retarded.

Get them into a powerlifting routine asap with 1 lb dumbbells. Start em young, god speed OP

survival sports,

leave them in the woods with a knife each and tell them to find their way home.

Boxing.

There are some kids who go to my boxing gym. They are all well adjusted and well mannered. Keeps them healthy, humble and disciplined.

it's too early breh what the fuck

but introduce them to different things and let them choose themselves

>ballet

What kind of faggot do you want your kid to be, at least let me have some dignity and do gymnastics, for fucks sake.

SS+GOMAD. These weak underweightlings have to gain mass and strength asap

Wait until 7, giving them roids any earlier is bad for their development

bet your beta kids don't even diddly 1pl8 just accept they aren't gonna make it OP

starting strentgh ofc

Judo. It will never not be useful

>SS+GOMAD

That's not a sport, it's a philosophy.

This.

At three they won't be coordinated enough to do anything competitive. Just get them familiar with their body mechanics and balance. Some bjj gyms have programs for kids as young as 4 but they don't develop any skill that they wouldn't get from gymnastics, tumbling or anything else.

I put mine in basketball at 3. The kids weren't very good, and didn't really get the concept, but they had a blast and they were hilarious to watch. He's 6 now and one of the best players on the team since he started so early.

I wish my parents introduced me to Judo and Jujitsu when I was 3. Had to take free Taekwondo classes when I was 6. And that was only for a month or two. Took Judo when I was in my late 20's and loved the shit out of it.

For the dads of Veeky Forums. How often does the mom stop you from starting dfit/ activities, and do you bow your head even if they're wrong?

i did gymnastics as a kid and i loved it. lots of bodyweight movements, balance work, stayed super flexible, etc.

i got pulled out at ~8y/o because my parents were told by friends that it would stunt my growth. i was short but i was only 8. my coach pleaded with them to keep me in, stating that i could be at a very high level if i kept at it but they felt it was best for me to leave.

i don't think it would have had much of an effect on my height whether i stayed in or not. i still ended up being the tallest in my immediate family and it wasn't like my parents are tall themselves.

i would agree to getting them into a martials arts though. i did taekwondo for awhile but there's such a variety of martials arts gyms to choose from. it's mostly about the discipline that they teach and it maintains the kid's interest. something like jits or judo. maybe they'll do wrestling in school (though the weight cuts are fucking brutal).

please push your kids to their physical limits.
if you really want to you can train them to become absolute beasts at whatever sport you want them to be good at.
create a routine of exercise to the point where it feels normal to them.

i promise you your kids will thank you when they are 17 years old, on varsity football/baseball/basketball, with a shredded body and sloots all over them.

TRUST ME

i'd say martial arts now is good. get some gymnastics ring when they're 8, and weights when they turn 13-14. odds are if you do this they will be complete beasts. also be sure to foster a love of learning as well.

Don't call child protection on me. I've no intention of forcing them into a regimented training schedule. Just wondering what sort of things were out there for their age.

gymnastics doesn't stunt your growth it's a broscience belief because people look at olympic level gymnasts and see nothing but manlets. They're not manlets because of doing gymnastics, they're manlets because elite level gymnastic skills are incredibly hard to do the taller you are so the lanklets get weeded out.