Is this the manliest lift? Girls literally can't into it

Is this the manliest lift? Girls literally can't into it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3nJrYPVJ88M
youtu.be/Nx1ytBh6kgU?t=1177
youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
youtube.com/watch?v=Kf4rk8Lz5xY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes

hey that's not deadlifting

Is this guy trying to do squats upside down? I don't understand.

Manliest lift is the Snatch, bb

Pic related.

it's a reverse pull-up

It's pretty pure upper body

And apparently the most impressive since the whole gym seems to stop to glance at me when I'm hitting that 2pl8 for reps

inverted deadlift

>super greatsword zweihander press

what the fuck

yep

That puckers my nutsack

clean and jerk is
especially the jerk

been on Veeky Forums for 7 years and still my favorite video

youtube.com/watch?v=3nJrYPVJ88M

My favourite lift. I weigh 72kg and can strict form OHP 72.5 for 5x5. Although I use a closer grip than this guy. The grip should be just outside shoulder width.

The grip the guy in the pic is using is good for medial delts though. Although at heavier weights it's better to have one foot in front of the other for stability.

that is the best grip width, you can see how his forearms are not pointing inwards or outwards

also, learn to stabilise your core

yeah, if anything should bring those feet in to touch and really activate the core. Full military press like a real heavy dong man.

your feet shoulder width apart give you more than enough stability

>tfw finally making progress on OHP again by running G Nuckols's 3x a week beginner bench program for it along with two back off sets on the 3rd day
>tfw it's 5 pounds a week but it's still progress

Just looked in the mirror and I must use the same grip because my forearms are same as his with my grip. Just wider than shoulder width.

What do you mean re core? I can do perfect military press up to 50kg but then I switch to feet shoulder width one behind the other for safety at weights above 60.

I can do 30 hanging upside down sit-ups and weighted hanging upside down sit-ups so my core is pretty strong.

Try doing perfect form military press at weights above 60kg. Risky. When you're going heavy weights it makes no sense not to spread the legs.

The exercise is about the delts etc. Not primarily your core. Safety is more important

>but then I switch to feet shoulder width one behind the other for safety at weights above 60.
That is because the further your legs are apart, the closer to earth your whole body will be. Which means that you don't lift the bar as high. Which in turn obviously makes the lift easier.

Depends.
To other Veeky Forums people? No
To an average normie? Maybe
To the average girl? They don't care about how much you lift, but how you look

since the bar path should be a straight line, you should be able to keep your balance

5lbs a week is good progress, my friend. I'm about 95kg on a good day and my OHP has been stalled at 90kg for a while. Just have to play the hand you're dealt.

As an addendum to my post, what do you guys think are the best OHP assistance exercises? My main move is the clean and press, but I usually do klokov presses which have really helped my lateral delt growth. Thinking about throwing in some seated dumbbell shoulder pressing for extra volume too.

It makes the lift no easier. You're still lifting the exact same distance from chin to arms fully extended

Why the fuck isn't the clean and press in weightlifting anymore? All they have to do is establish that the knees have to be locked out, it's not that hard

Sure you are.

You have to move your head back slightly, I've even grazed my nose once on the bar. There are lots of ways you can move your balance mid lift - especially if it's the last rep and you're struggling to get it up.

One leg in front of the other is just a standard safety precaution. Fuck tripping over with 225lbs hanging above your head

Here an exaggerated example. Notice that the bar on the right didn't have to be lifted as high as the one on the left.

Holy fuck, tfw I will never be able to do that

2 plate OHP is my goal. At 72.5 for 5 x 5 perfect form. Doubt I'll make 2 plate but should make 85-90

nah, the talented guys could still cheat
also, it was really dangerous as everyone was bending their backs and it started to look more like bench press

>tfw doing bar + 5lbs and feel weak as fuck
These things fucking kill me.

Kek

Errr so what? Makes no difference. The bar is in both instances being lifted the exact same distance. Just one person is taller than the other. The arms are still the same length. The ROM is the same.

okay but for OHP you're lifting from your chest so the distance is the same, unless you think gravity is harder the further you get from the floor?

Nah, right is harder because it's closer to the earth and therefore affected by its gravity more

That's not really strict since he's using momentum to push it up

youtu.be/Nx1ytBh6kgU?t=1177

THIS is a STRICT press

did that lift passed?

Depends on your sticking point imo
like if your problem is getting to lockout you'd want to focus more on triceps and upper back
if your problem is getting it over your head then focusing more on front delts for assistance might be good
if your problem is stabilization then maybe z presses/ standing dumbbell ohp?

Can you do 12 reps with 1 plate?
I can.

In my experience the best OHP assistance exercise is push press with strict negatives.

You're just trying to make new material for SIR's comic next year, aren't you?

Lol if you think 4 inches either way makes a difference in terms of gravity. Does that mean that if you go into a gym in a skyscraper it's easy as fuck to lift?

Kek. Newton turning in his grave

My problem is generally off the chest. Once I've got it up, locking it out is rarely an issue. It comes to just about eye-height on my failed attempts, usually, and then I just have to lower it and give up.

yes he didnt touch the ground with his knees so its ok

He's retarded, but you may subconsciously be using your legs a little to get the weight up. I'm not sure, though. If it works for you then don't stop.

Looks like his back was going to snap. Painful to watch

yeah as I see it 5 pounds a week is still 260 pounds a year barring deloads
which is pretty fucking acceptable to me
Also what do you think about front raises as an accessory? I'm already benching 1x a week and doing dips on that day too

Lmao dude, whatever you have to tell yourself to make your "lifts" count in your mind

Please into physics, with a wider stance, the smaller the distance is between the barbell and the centre of the earth, so infact the weight is greater with the wider stance according to newtons law of universal gravity

Stay pleb

If that's true how come I can standing ohp more than I can Z press?
Checkm8

No never use the legs at all completely isolate shoulders. Only time I'll use the legs is deliberately on last reps. It's literally just a different stance to aid stability, makes no difference to the lift it's just means you can't fall over, which is something that concerns me when you're on heavy weights eking out a last rep.

It's like when benching I use suicide grip to 80kg then normal grip. No difference to the lift, just a safety procedure

i will forever call it that from now on. thank you friend

that's a matter of stability/bar path/technique in general
there's not special assistance exercise for that issue, only more pressing with varying intensity

i spend around an hour on the press. triples, doubles and working sets of five. 115 lbs for 3 at the moment. 1 plate is so close i can fucking taste it

You won't continually add 5lbs a week. No one adds 260lbs a year to any of their lifts. Unless you were on a serious amount of gear and a relative newbie. Sorry to break it to you but the newbie gains taper off pretty quick.

Because it is true... the Ohp is lighter due to newtons law of gravity

i should add that doing every rep from a dead stop helps with that immensely, no bouncing

You are a absolute fucking grade A idiot if you think that the gravitational forces of the earth vary wildly over a foot.

According to your logic weights would feel vastly lighter if you attempted to lift them on the top floor of a skyscraper. Which doesn't happen.

You are a retard.

That's been my thought. Throwing in a ton of volume has really helped me as I was previously stuck on 80kg. I'm just kind of taking it slowly and letting it grow, as I don't seem to be able to make fast progress on all four of my big lifts at the same time any more. I can either take it up slowly, or focus on a couple of lifts and improve them faster.

Dropped deads recently except for snatch-grip deficit deadlifting for volume and my squat has soared. Considering dropping bench now too

for the first year of my lifting career I thought OHP was the same as incline bench press.

noob squat/diddly gains can be magic
But I get your point, the fuck load of volume that I'm doing seems to help keep progress, so I'm hoping that I can sustain this for a couple of months at least.

He was a pretty big guy

Why does he look like plastic toy?

Mr. Chador, now with realistic barbell! Pose. Lift. Mire.

Best way to mircoload, increase/decrease your altitude. It's even in the latest SS edition

>5 lbs a week is 260 lbs a year
Oh to be as naive as you. 260 lb ohp is considered really strong. That will take years to achieve. I'm not being negative, I'm being realistic. If you get to 150 lb OHP by the end of the year, I'll be impressed.

wait, are people here saying they dont do OHP splits? also get that ass to the grass

Uhmm, the weights feel the same because the gyms accommodate for it. If you take an adjusted 20 kg plate from a gym in the top floor of a skyscraper down to the bottom, it will be much lighter.

>2017
>Not traveling to Ecuador and Norway to properly microload

Yes. Taking a weight 60 floors up or down will make it very marginally different in how heavy it feels.

Moving it a foot depending on leg position will make NO. FUCKING. DIFFERENCE. YOU. STUPID. CUNT.

And that's not the Tren talking

>2 plate OHP is my goal. At 72.5 for 5 x 5 perfect form. Doubt I'll make 2 plate but should make 85-90
You can't do more than 80 kg.
OHP doesn't move so fast in weight as other lifts when you lower the reps.
Anyway, it's still a really good press you'll get there.

Can't believe how many globeheads in here abiding by the bullshit "gravity increases as you get higher". Show me a single study that proves this. It only works in the rothschild fantasy world of a circular earth. Bunch of fucking sheep.

I know - I meant my long term goal was to get to 85-90kg at 5x5. Atm like you say 80 is about my ORM

You can prove this easily with an experiment. Let something fall from one meter and then let it fall from three meters. What do you think will have a higher impact?

>thinks 25lb is lmao1pl8

gym floors are magnetic. i always ask mine to turn it up so i can get a good pump going, and dont get me started on the ceiling magnets they offer for biginners

it's an overhead deadlift

Thats why when you jump on a plane you immediately fly to the back of the cabin.

It's not be because of height relative to the Earth, it's because an object only reaches terminal velocity after a certain amount of time, so time spent falling in the air is the only factor, height is only required to gain a greater fall time.

dude the one on the right is harder because the bar is closer to the center of the earth

Dude you don't understand physics. You wouldn't fly to the back of the plane at all you'd land in the same spot.

>And apparently the most impressive since the whole gym seems to stop to glance at me when I'm hitting that 2pl8 for reps
No they dont. Most people dont know ohp is one of the hardest lifts to progress on because theyve never done them.

fucking dumbass doesn't realize that the planes are an electric vacuum that prevents this exact thing from happening. Thats why they have you turn off your electrics numbnuts

You'll probably also believe that a) is not the correct answer.

>"center"
>2017
>believes in globe-earth

kek

gravity decreases as you get higher

To be fair whilst I doubt he does 2 plates for reps, I think people do know OHP is hard.

I do 70kg for reps and get people look. Anything above 1 plate is impressive. More so for me because I only weigh 72kg. People assume you're squatting if they see one plate

looked a bit dicey for a second, but he did it

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

duly noted

That's a funny video. Got any more like it?

This made me kek at the gym you faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kf4rk8Lz5xY

cute

truly the greatest piece of film ever produced

Google says he's only 5'8". Either that other guy is tiny, or Google is way off.

Tyrone's gotta be jacked.

>strict pressing more than 99.9% of people can deadlift
How can we even call ourselves men after watching this?