Taking college course on american history

>taking college course on american history
>"the new deal was good"
>"the market crash was caused by *insert normie reason here"

its like these fucking normies don't even know that the new deal was a piece of communist trash legislation that created scams like alpahbet agencies and ponziessocial security.

its also like these normies dont know that the market crash was caused because the central bank printed progressively less money since they were founded in 1913 which caused a depression for the simple fact that there wasn't enough physical money in circulation

i fucking hate these normies

Why not tell them instead of being a beta bitch and whining about it on Veeky Forums

>REEE MY TEACHERS ARE SO DUMB THEY CAN'T UNDERSTAND HISTORY WHITH THEIR FUTILE PHD!!! MY VISION ON HISTORY IS UNQUESTIONABLE SINCE I SPENT DAYS READING WIKI ARTICLE AND CONSPIRACY THEORIES

and the reddit guy strikes again.

>piece of communist trash legislation

Are you a libertarian by chance?

Plebbitors are the lowest form of life on Earth
I'm taking an American history course as well and the instructor, despite having a phd with her thesis in American history is a ditz. She sounds like she's drunk or on some kind of anti-anxiety drug, repeats herself - she's like a verbal dyslexic. Not to mention that she says some straight up false shit sometimes; the territorial changes as a result of a certain treaty for example - things you can look up.

And this is a university that's consistently ranked in the top dozen or so universities globally for humanities. Going to university and being around the people that compose the highest rungs of academia has led me to have far more negative opinions of the academy generally.

You don't understand, he saw a REALLY interesting youtube video. It has graphs!

Welcome to Academia pal, those lecturers may seem like whacky dudes but they could clean the floor with your wikipedia educated ass. Its their job to be right, and they're paid a lot for it. Whatever sort of cultural Marxist conspiracy you believe exists, really doesn't. You are a subway guitarist stepping up against a concert violinist.

>Welcome to Academia pal, those lecturers may seem like whacky dudes but they could clean the floor with your wikipedia educated ass. Its their job to be right, and they're paid a lot for it. Whatever sort of cultural Marxist conspiracy you believe exists, really doesn't. You are a subway guitarist stepping up against a concert violinist.
This has to be a troll, nobody can be this stupid

The New Deal likely stopped any commie sentiment from gaining steam.

FDR's presidency began with 25% unemployment and ended with the Breton Woods agreement, any question of his economic legacy is sheer historical ineptitude. They are right, and you are wrong.

are you suggesting that the president is in complete control of the economy?

What the fuck are you talking about? I didn't mention anything about FDR or Breton Woods.

My professor was doing shit like denying the Spanish-American war happened

Isn't this a New Deal discussion? Or did you just come here to whine?

I fucking hate this place

My comment was about shitty college professors can be, partially in response to some retard (you) implying that the academy is infallible

Then fucking leave; you don't get to assume anything about who you're talking to so you better make an actual point rather than bring up irrelevant bullshit.

It's not, but you're really not harbouring some secret wisdom that the Marxist cucks are keeping a secret. You're just not educated enough on the subject. Changes to the academic consensus come from within.

This is a history board, I was discussing history.

Apparently keeping the existence of the Spanish-American war hidden is integral to their master plan.

People get shit wrong, (I gather) she forgot the details of a treaty, not denied the existence of the war. It's only for you that history is a collection of wars and treaties. Some people see past that.

>be me
>At community college
>Have to take a humanities class for some reason for a science associates
>Pick US History - virtual classroom
You guys, some of the shit I see in the discussion baords would blow your minds.

>You guys, some of the shit I see in the discussion baords would blow your minds.
Go on?

As someone who has actually beat communists in the streets with metal rods, I say the new deal was a very good thing for the economy and you’re a libertarian wanabe that get his history from boomer republicans.

Stop calling everything other than Ayn Rand communism.

Next you’ll say “Ron Raygun was da best president eber XDDd muh gandma told me so after wachin faux news!”

P.S. I fucking hate libertarians in case you couldn’t tell.

>As someone who has actually beat communists in the streets with metal rods
As someone who gets hit in the head by neofascists, I agree.

No, someone asked her about the Spanish-American war and she thought he was talking about the Mexican-American war. He tried to clarify twice and she told him to talk to him after class.

She then repeated it implicitly by stating that America hadn't participated in a war since the civil war.

*leading up to WWI

Cool story, but you're wrong about the New Deal.

I didn't say anything about the new deal you absolute fucking dipshit

But the thread was started with the topic of the new deal

My god you are incredibly stupid

I'm not the one whining to an anime wall scroll review forum's history section about wgat his professor teaches. If you feel so strongly why don't you complain to the department?

>tfw in some group chat
>one guy is a friend of a friend I dont know
>hes a typical normie dumbass who literally talks about how great and informative john green videos are
>turns out hes a teacher
I got literally sick thinking about the idea of children being dumbed down through the failed teachings of some bafoonish faggot.

>High School US History
>US Civil war has it's own fucking course
>Main US History classes cover from reconstruction to as far as vietnam/regan
>Western history forces us to cover shit like the renaissance, the reformation, colonization, takes quite a while to get to ww2
>When approaching WW2 they teach us mainly about stalingrad, d-day, and guadacanal
>Force us to watch a movie for each of those threee battles
>Forces us to watch Full metal jacket and we were soldiers in vietnam course
>Due to restraints they rarely get to regan

I'm not a libertarian and I hate Ayn Rand. Ayn Rand had autism.

>argument from authority

Humanities degrees are basically a certificate of failure as a human being. Only a complete idiot would put themselves $100,000 in debt and spend seven years of their lives just to learn a bunch of leftist drivel that'll never get you a real job

I think this is the reason why more people know more about WWII politics than the 1990s political scene.

Not much to cover except that Reagan was a douchebag.

Can you cringy mutt LARPers fuck off holy shit

>dude stem rulez! xD

Yeah, I'll have a cheeseburger, large fries. and a medium drink, to go please.

>things I don't like are weftist

Considering FDR won by a landslide in 36 after the 2nd new deal. It must be pretty damn good with the normal folk

"Ron Raygun was da best president eber XDDd muh gandma told me so after wachin faux news!”

Are you saying humanities studies don't possess an inherent left-wing bias?

It does. Having a real job is nice user. It gets you paid.

>Its their job to be right, and they're paid a lot for it.
Imagine being this fucking stupid. Academic education as a profession is literal, pound-for-pound sophistry. It's their job to CONVINCE people they're right; objectivity has no bearing on the craft.

This is a new deal thread. You were derailing it with >muh academia
Fuck off.

>whole thread
>not one single argument in support or criticising the New Deal
>no one has any grasp of monetary economics so half the topic is lost
>just political posturing
love you, Veeky Forums

Mises please go

Fuck this thread and fuck all of you cry baby retards leave this board.

Are you 13?

>it's a /polhis/ cant handle the truth and corroboration of simple facts which threatens their worldview because they're insecure nanodicked idiots episode

Yep, many surprises here. The depression was caused by corporations over leveraging themselves.

What are you doing in Veeky Forums then?

mfw the great depression was caused and prolonged by interventionism and somehow it was the free market's fault.

>WAAAAAAAAAGH!!!
>I DISAGREE WITH SOMEONE!

You were too autistic to bring it up in-class, or during her office hours (which she would have LOVED, by the way; professor LIVE for dialogue about their professions, and no one ever goes to their office hours at any university) and have a discussion with your class/professor.

Instead, you dropped your spaghetti and decided to sperg out about it on a website for fucking Chinese pedo cartoon girls.

I remember when I was like you. My only mistake is that I never killed myself. Do us all a favor, don't end up like me.

Kill yourself.

OOOOOOH BOI!!!!

We's storytimes/screenshots thread now!!!!

>As someone who has actually beat communists in the streets with metal rods,

You're literally missing the whole point of it all.

>Economically illiterate retard

Whadda'm I gonna' do...?

If you had beaten boomers and randroids instead, world would be less of a shithole.

>calling everything other than Ayn Rand

Funniest thing that these lolbertarians fap on Rosenbaum's fairytales.
Shame. Nationalists and communists have the common enemy, only nationalists sperg about jews, while commies sperg about muh rich opressors, while in reality the enemy is both.

>Blaming the central bank for fucking up the price-specie flow mechanism with the Smoot-Hawley tarriff.
>implying

Doesn't matter how economically illiterate you are, it's not that relevant to a successful life.

Just don't attempt to argue in threads like these.

Actually it was caused by the US Federal Reserve's tight monetary policy.

Pic related, the book that contains this theory which is accepted by the vast majority of modern economists. The author even won a Nobel Prize for it.

>mfw my community college instructors have been leagues above and beyond what you described
Why do people shit on Community College again?

>popularity means effectiveness

Je was speaking from a strictly theoretical marxist standpoint.
Indeed, marx predicted that a polarization of wealth would eventually lead to a permanent iwner class and a permanent worker class.
The quote is interpreted accurately to mean that eventually, naturally around the world, capitalists will begin gaining/exercising more control over resources than governments befitting the marxian prediction.

The difference is marx thought it eventually collapsed into communism whereas reagan assumed it woyld perpetually last forever and be a source of constant inovation and progress.

Turns out they were both wrong.
The reality is the aliens are sucking blood out of aborted fetuses to maintain their youth and rule the world through the shadow government run by their extra dementional reptilian servants.

Actually, the new deal didn't go far enough.

EVERY

MAN

A KING