See old friends for the first time in years

>See old friends for the first time in years
>"hey user, wow you've been working out, you're huge now"

How to respond?

My usual response is just to joke and say something like "nah, I'm just buying smaller t-shirts"

I feeling like just saying thanks or something is fucking awkward and maybe even arrogant. Why do I feel the need to almost refuse a compliment.
I'm not huge at all. I'm low'ish bf and decent size but I wouldn't make a comment about someone else my size.

How does Veeky Forums respond to compliments?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Wm36Y8g6WzA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

"so are you"

"Thanks man I appreciate it"

damn are you all retarded? Idk why I ever came back to this board

It's weird because you're not used to being complimented. Just say thanks or mention that you've been working out extra hard recently. Never flat out refuse a compliment it shows insecurity.

Flex arm and say "you tell me"

Sounds pretty accurate

"For you."

Kek this is all you have to say, you sperg.

>y-y-you t-too

*Johnny Bravo pose*

"Muh GainZ!!"

"Thanks, I took the Bogpill. Would you like a quick rundown?"

Yeah, I am a lucky guy

For you

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I deadlifted more than 4pl8, and I’ve been back squatting high bar with innumerous pl8s, and I have bench pressed 300 confirmed pl8s. I am trained in Starting Stregnth and I’m the top GOMAD in the entire US weightlifting scene. You are nothing to me but just another DYEL. I will OHP you the fuck out with precision form of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get outbench me with saying that shit to me? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am stealing your gf. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can lift, push and press anywhere, anytime, and I can squat you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s with no straps or belt on. Not only am I extensively trained in 1/2/3/4, but I have access to the entire weight room of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will squat fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Tell them youre on steroids. Even if you arent...

This 2bh

Honestly just get down and suck his dick. He'll forgot all about how autistic you are trust me.

Say:
"It was extremley painful"
He would say
" Yea, I can imagine, but you are big guy now"

"Thanks! I've gotten really into wiifit and Zumba"

>"wow user you just keep growing"
>"wow you are much bigger"
>"looks like it haha"

'you know what else is huge'

Where was that photo taken?

I just laugh it off

Normie here. Your current response is good. Conversation is best when it switches off between light/funny and heavy/serious. The complement brings a serious tone to the conversation, your solid joke defuses it. You can say the shirts thing to lighten it up, then go back to serious by giving a sincere thank you, if you'd like

Only correct answer.

Posts like these are why I love this board.

>"damn bro looking big"
Usually I raise both arms and flex my biceps and say "yeah been hittin' the Iron Church for a bit now. Gettin' pretty joooocy, you know." Then they usually say they meant I was fat not muscular and then I say I lift for strength not looks and they say I'm an idiot then we go about our business.

Wtf are you autistic.

where is that picture taken? looks so peaceful.

Just say this:

youtu.be/Wm36Y8g6WzA

"Thanks, I've been working out."

Wow that was hard.

"For You"

For you

>user you're so much bigger now

>are you fucking fat shaming me?