Is it possible to go to the Gym drunk?

>Be me, 125lbs 5''8 dyel.
>fall for the Veeky Forums meme.
>go to the gym at 7:00am hoping there won't be anyone.
>it's full of people.
>everyone is bigger than me, even the wymyn,
>social_Anxiety.jpg
>autist_Walk.jpg
>skip the squats, too anxious of people looking.
>skip the rows too.
>try to bench with 30lbs dumbbells
>almost dislocated my shoulder.
>try again with 20lbs dumbbells.
>do 5 sets.
>feel like everyone is watching.
>run out of the gym.

I'm gonna need to drink to 0.1% BAC to ever go back. Is that dangerous? Will i drop dumbbells on my chest? Anyone ever tried this before?

Man up and go faggot

No one cares about you

nobody in the gym cares what you're doing dude, you're not that important

Alcohol weakens you AND kills your gains fuckface

Man up and get some preworkout, or meth

Take some Ambien. That really loosens me up.

take benzos if you really cant take it in the beginning but dont drink

No dude it's impossible
I had one single mixed drink 90 minutes before I went to the gym and I ended up vomiting in the bathroom. One of the worst gym sessions of my life

Your social anxiety is a retard version of narcissism. You think your noticeable enough that everyone is paying attention to what you're doing.

Guess what faggot, no one gives a shit about you. You're 5'8 and 125lbs, I doubt they even notice you're there at all.

Pull your head out of your ass and just go in, do your lifting and leave again.

This is my university gym. I see these people afterwards during lectures. I don't wanna build up a bad reputation.

>Your social anxiety is a retard version of narcissism

Truth right here.

During the summer I would sometimes go to the gym after having a glass of wine with dinner, and it never really affected my workout. But going to the gym smashed sounds dumb. Dont be an autist

go to a different gym you calc1 guy with social anxiety

You already have a bad rep.

Derping about at the gym like the dyel you are is going to have negligible effect on your reputation.

Everybody thinks "meh" about you. And this is not going to change anytime soon.

Watch out or you'll be "alcoholic meh" which is not an improvement.
"Dyel meh" is absolutely better. Aim for this.

Self-medicating your social anxiety with alcohol is like the worst thing you can do.
It will just make your anxiety worse AND you'll be an alcoholic on top of that.

Stop drinking prontissimo my dude or you're gonna be really fucked up.

Looks more like a math problem than a gym you fuckin nerd.

Are gyms more empty on Tuesdays/Thursdays?

This depends on a case by case basis. But generally yes.

Dont go at 7am. Thats when all the dedicated people go. Go to a gym with 24hr access and lift at 1am.

Just goto another place in your head, like you're being raped... worked when I started.

Tried it, felt really lonely. Usually I go at 11pm were most people are gone except some of the night shift people off work.

I'm in a similar situation. Every time i go to the gym I am the only Dyel. Where do all the skeles start out and how come i never see any?!??!?!

You wanna know what would build a bad reputation real fucking quick?
the dumbass who goes to the gym drunk

people need to care about you to get a bad reputation

People can't tell if you take care of your breath desu.

My brother, you can do this

You can even go back and repeat the same experience

Just keep going back.
6 sets this time, mate.

Find music that you can blast (doesn't even have to be pump up music... your adrenaline has already taken care of that for you. Calming music is fine!) that makes you less conscious of others

Find a nice spot that you can sit down and play on your phone a bit before coming back out for more sets

Soon enough, the gym will be your comfortable place!

Exposure therapy my man. The entire world can be your comfort zone if you set up shop in it long enough.

No one thinks about you for more than 1 second DESU. Most people are trying to lift and only the self-conscious spergs sit around judging others.

Nobody cares, srs. My lifts are ultra low but making progress every week. Already making friends in the gym and my lfits are embarrassing probably, been working out for 3 months. DGAF, everybody starts somewhere.

what are ur lifts?

comfy words user

Dont drink my friend.just do your workout.nobody cares if you are in the gym excecpt (you)

Social anxiety is not even a real condition. You caused it yourself. By avoiding social situations you become uncomfortable with them, so you avoid them even more. Spiraling down until you get anxious in every social situation.

Only cure is to expose yourself to such situations until you start feeling comfortable in them again. Reality check here, if you let fear control your life you might as well be dead because youre not alive.

Nobody cares about you at the gym. Everybody started as a retard who did exercises wrong. If anything people you know will have more respect for you, for being there to make a change for the better.

Bulk and gain more weight first by eating a lot for a few months.
Drink coffee or energy drink, it gives you more energy so you can lift better and fights anxiety really well.
Last sathurday I seriously felt like shit the whole day cause I can't sleep properly at night. I could barely eat (lack of sleep puts me in a state of severe depression, anger and anxiety, there's no way I can enjoy food in that state) but still went to the gym and had a decent workout considering how bad I was felt. Energy drink helped a lot.

>try again with 20lbs dumbbells.
Hey, that's more than I can bench

do you honestly think you're the only one that was nervous about hitting the gym as a dyeL?

hi user. no one is watching you. they watch you as much as you watch them. and you only really watch attractive people anyway

hey man, not trying to be mean here... but you can't reach your maximum potential if you care this much about what other people think about you.

when you see somebody doing something weird you think "wtf?", then you forget them 5 seconds later. nobody gives a fuck about what you're doing nigga

45lbs dumbells bench
45lbs bench
110lbs deadlift
80lbs squat
45lbs OVH
50lbs barbell curl

weak as fuark, dgaf, making great progress and gains just by sticking to it and improving slightly every week.

If you can afford to go the gym that drunk everyday

you can afford a home gym.

Good for you dude, I'm in a similar position atm and I love seeing my weak lifts get slightly less shit each week.

How are you curling more than your bench though?

Thats stupid. You just gotta believe in yourself that you ARE gonna make it. When youre worried they might be judging, youll know that you ARE gonna prove them all wrong and itll be easier to not give a fuck.

You OP?

Because first you're scared everyones watching you, and then you're lonely that no ones there to watch you.

No one gives a fuck. Even if you fully sperg out,drop weights, walk in circles, dribble a bit and grunt when you lift no one will really care.
They'll just think "oh, that guys acting weird, I'm not sure why, i'm sure he has some kind of reason, i'll get back to my workout"

It's the hard thing about anxiety, but you just got to realise that no one cares even if you are acting like a freak.

>tfw changed up my schedule recently
>doing Tu/Thu/Sat
>it's so much more peaceful
>gym is borderline empty on saturday afternoon

MWF is truly for plebs

That's not the OP.

the barbell isn't weightless

Careful user, I know this guy that got stabbed to death at the back of the lecture hall because he could only bench 0.5pl8