Are chuck taylors a meme...

Are chuck taylors a meme? I do need a pair of gym shoes and people seem to recommend the hell out of these but how big of a difference does it make. By wearing them I lose out on the ability to do cardio if I so choose at any point and I'm not bringing 2 pairs of shoes to the gym. So will I really notice a difference lifting in them versus a regular running shoe/sneaker?

just wear normal running shoes to the gym, only fucboys come to the gym in Chucks, especially in white ones
if your concerned about having elevated heel in most running shoes then just squat and deadlift barefoot

It's a significant difference.

Good lifting shoes have either very thin or very solid soles. This is important because you really don't want the soles compressing and maybe tilting your foot or something similar when you're trying to squat or deadlift for the same reason that you don't really want to be squatting on a bosu ball.

Chucks tend to wreck your heels eventually specially if you use them for exercise.
They're manchild shoes.
Just wear normal shoes

I think I'm still equally conflicted as before. If I'm buying a running shoe just to take it off on any lift that involves my foot/shoe at all then I feel like I should just wear my street shoes.

This. Squat and dl like a man. Barefoot.

You don't lift enough weight for it to matter.

People don't like normal shoes because they're soft and they want the most power available without the shoes absorbing the force.

I just lifted a couple days ago 510 pounds with DC skate shoes. Which isn't much, but it's something. I also do calf raises and power shrugs in them. OHP, bench press, and sometimes squats.

If you really feel like you're squishing down, then take your shoes off. If not, then there's probably something else limiting your weight, like form or strength.

Squat shoes are good though. But those are for oly lifts.

I like them because I'm too cheap to buy a pair of decent boxing shoes. They give no functional advantage in lifting though.

i like how they look so i wear them or any other flat soled shoes. they're just shoes. wear what's comfortable. don't be a nigger only they care so much about shoes "ohma god nigguh is this the new jordans!?!?!""

>By wearing them I lose out on the ability to do cardio if I so choose at any point and I'm not bringing 2 pairs of shoes to the gym.

No, you don't. Get on a bike, an elliptical or maybe, just maybe, learn how to run with proper form. That means landing on the balls of your feet, not your heel.

just buy vans bro

Fucking terrible advice for squatting.

OP you can do things the meme way or the right way. Theres a reason powerlifters and olympians wear squat shoes and not chuck fucking taylors.

Better equipment won't grow you a dick dude.

Not OP but I always try landing on the balls of my feet instead of the hell, but it feels so awkward unnatural.

But it's not unnatural, running shoes with thick cushioned heels are. If you run barefoot, you pretty much switch to landing on the balls of your feet automatically, because landing on bare heels hurts.

Just get barefoot running shoes like Lems or some shit. Then you won't look like an autistic and will developer correct running technique.

It's right... if you can only lift in specialized shoes, what's the point?

You want an elevated heel in the squat though, what you don't want is a cushioned shoe, see weightlifting shoes design for proof.

They're pretty great for lifting, honestly. I'm never going to buy gay high-heeled lifting shoes. Chuck's offer great sidewall support and a solid flat footbed. I got a pair for 24 on sale and I'll never squat or deadlift in a different shoe.

>wearing converse to the gym
wat

Chucks are nice for deadlifts, maybe rows, really any powerful exercise where stability is key. Used a pair for 3 years and my only complaint is that the eyelets ripped out.

Over Christmas I got a pair of Nike metcon 2s and I'm never going back. Stable enough to squat heavy in, comfortable for all other exercises and you can run or bike in them no problem.

T. Never r3aching 5pl8 squat

I lift in Chucks and my max squat is 115 lb X 4 . I just want lmao 1 plate squat is that too much to ask.

>Over Christmas I got a pair of Nike metcon 2s and I'm never going back.
Over the last year or so these have become ridiculously popular at my gym. I thought they were some kind of crossfit meme shoe but last week I caved and got a pair of the new metcon 3s (kind of ugly color but whatever) and I actually really love them.

You'll get there eventually baby boy

This.

I run and lift in Chuck high tops. Run properly and you are good.

I bought a pair and I don't like them. They restrict my ankle flexibility too much.

I lift in chucks right now and I've never had any issues, actually really like them. The shoes themselves seem to run a bit big so just be careful if you decide to buy.

Nah man, chucks are great for diddlylifts because of the flat soul.

they're really nice for squat/deadlift/bench/ohp because they are pretty flat footed. Also looks pretty ballin.

Black ones are best tho.

Wear with shorts

people who say you need an elevated heel to squat are bitches. Work on your flexibility instead of relying on a pair of $200 crutches.

this is a dumb opinion

Not that guy, but its not really dumb. Unless you're lifting ridiculous weights, you really shouldn't need the elevated heel. You should work on flexibility and the fundamentals of the lift, not get a crutch that will make it easier short term.