Can certain chairs really reduce "leg stress"...

Can certain chairs really reduce "leg stress"? I sit in a wooden chair and I have SI joint pain by my lower back and hip. Could these be related? I was looking into getting a better chair but something like this is 80 bucks. Thoughts?

Bump

Im too lazy to find the link but yeah. some companies spent money to see how employees can slave harder and they found shit chairs kill productivity cause shit like you're saying.

If you're having trouble finding a cheap chair just wait till the president of your company wants to refurnish the top floor and buy his imported Italian leather chair for 20$

Not a bad idea, but I heard lounge chairs are bad for body health

There is no need to spend an extreme amount of money on a chair however try to make sure you just have something which has a padded back (not wooden) and is very adjustable (height, tilt, arm rest position).

You want to have your back straight, leaned back slightly and relaxed, if you have to force yourself to stay in the position then you are doing it wrong.

Your shoulders should fall down at your sides at the same height as your keyboard, your monitor should be facing your face and your eyes should be at the same height as the top of the screen.

>Your shoulders should fall down at your sides
Meant to say elbows here.

I don't have arm rests at all, never have used them. Are they worth it?

If you can have your keyboard far back into your desk then you shouldn't have them but most people have to have their chair further away and need them.

I don't understand

in pic related the guy doesn't need armrests (hence why they are so far down) because he is able to get close enough to the desk with space in front of the keyboard for most of his forearms to rest on the table.

In this pic related she should be sat a little more upright (not fully) but this is a situation where armrests are helpful.

stretch your hip flexors
work your core muscles
work your back muscles (ROW a fuckton)
work your glutes

thank me later

I sat in office depot for 30 minutes. I couldn't make a decision on what chair to get because they were pricey. Fml. Here were the two I was looking at

This one was okay but I didn't feel like I had enough room. My therapist says I have a problem having my back muscles always activated. They have a hard time relaxing, so he wants me to relax my posture a bit

And this is the other one that seemed a bit to big. I have SI joint issues from my muscles never relaxing. But this had no lumbar support and it looks like the arm rests can't be taken off. So I walked out with nothing. I can't make decisions for shit

Buy a proper saddle chair like Salli or Backapp. They're expensive as all fuck but generally worth it, since most back problems arise from sitting.

Really? Source on how most back problems arise from sitting?

Bump

bump

bump

Bump

tight hip flexors -> anterior pelvic tilt -> lumbar hyperlordosis -> lower back pain
also combined with weak quadratus lumborum

I'm not the user you were asking and these might not be the most prevalent reasons for back pain but they're pretty common

Then what chair can prevent this? Or help it? My therapist said I should get one with minor lumbar support and one I can lean back and relax in but I don't know what to get. I don't want to spend a hundred bucks either. But sticking with this wooden one isn't a good idea I don't think. Maybe if iyou strengthen my quads like you suggested I'd be better

>implying that you can get a good chair for 100 dollars
Nope

It'll be better than my wooden one.