Last Thread >>40515012

Last Thread Who is /fat/ for?: Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat.

Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it.

Any suggestions on what to do when you're hungry but have nothing to do? I was thinking of downloading some Emulators.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d-DDbXh1MYc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've been doing a pretty weird cut, i it's a mix of keto and iifym (bare with me here)

So what i do is reach my protein goal eating lean proteins, that's normally somewhere around 500-600 calories, then i just eat whatever the fuck i want to fill the 30g of carbs i can eat everyday to stay in keto

I like to indulge on peanut butter, cookies (some cookies have like 6g carbs per cookie) a hotdog, a sandwich (each slice has 15g carbs) etc. On average i eat around 900 calories a day, and yes i'm taking my vitamins so i don't pass out.

I don't have a problem with binging, but i don't have the willpower to not treat myself a little everyday, i still should be losing a ton of weight right?

>hustled by girl scouts again

gotta train dem social gains while we can, i started with little things like forcing myself to make conversation with cashiers, taxi drivers, etc. They don't even have to be cute girls

I look at myself 3 years ago and i can't believe how much of a pussy my anxiety made me

I just abused Adderall for 5 months. Dropped 95lb plus with all that energy I busted ass at the gym. By the end of that five months I was had the aesthetics of a Greek statue.

>pro tip: amphetamines

at 900 cals a day you'll be losing weight unless you're like a girl who weighs 100 lbs

Coffee and shitposting.

>80lbs lost
>Completely break down this weekend
>Tons of booze, pizza, ice cream, Cheetos, and candy
Probably ruined 2-3 weeks of cutting desu and it was worth every second. Back at it today.

Too much carbs to stay in Leto, I'm betting you aren't really losing. It's a very bad diet overall.

>Probably ruined 2-3 weeks of cutting desu
fucking how much did you eat?

3 bloody Mary's, 3 Long island iced teas, 2 rum and cokes. Some other whiskey drink I don't remember. Entire large pizza to myself. 2 large bags of flaming hot Cheetos. 3 pints of ice cream. One large bag of watermelon sour patch. Large bag of tortia chips with a big tub of salsa. One BBQ Fritos with a tub of cream cheese for dip.

i thought most people recommended eating 20-25g a day to stay on keto? some people even go up to 50g and claim their keto stix still shows positive

i was doing 30 because it felt like a good middle ground, i actually lost 60lbs in like 5 months doing this last year, (psmf of 1200 calories a day, but 0 carbs) but decided to take a break from it since i didn't want to do it long term, went from 330 to 270 in 6 months, then just watched my calories for another 5 months, got to 250, and now i'm trying to start the cycle again with a little different approach (eating 30g of carbs of whatever i want). I guess i'll see if it works this Wednesday on my first weight in

>i actually lost 60lbs in like 5 months
So you were able to lose 2-3 lbs a week? Was that consistent weight loss?

Also what did you do besides just Keto and Calorie restriction?

Besides keto i lifted 2 times a week and did some hiking every day of the week (not on weekends)

well i was heavy as fuck so don't be surprised. And it was pretty consistent, i stopped when i got chickenpox and almost died (never let that shit hit you in your mid 20s), the doctors went all bananas when i told them about my diet and i was pretty tired of eating chicken everyday too so i just decided to do a small deficit of 400cals for the next 5 months, but now i'm feeling pretty good again so i'm down for it. But desu i'm probably just gonna lift now and see how it goes

Forgive me fit, I have sinned.

I ate about 250g of brie cheese today.
Plus about 700g of grapes.

I was so close to the end of my cut.. why Veeky Forums ??

/fat/ here. 13th day counting calories. Down 3lbs last week. Next weigh in is on Wednesday.

Hoping to keep the progress up, its still one day at a time and manual effort not to fuck this up.

So how is IIFYM any different than just counting calories?

For gaining/losing weight, it's not

Depends how you look at.

If you are just counting calories then i suppose you dont care to much about your protein/carb/fat rato just that your overall consumption of calories is below or at your goal

IIFYM is similar in that, you have 1800 calories, for example, and that with those calories.... Your macros of prot/carb/fat are going to be consumed at specific ratios.

>go out to get dinner
>normally I grab a Burger and Ice Cream from Sonic
>went to convenience store instead and got a Turkey Jerky and Diet Coke

what other mini successes have you bros had?

>manual effort to not fuck up
i live with family. it's so hard. I ate a few chips today and regret the fuck out of it. I literally have to do nothing but stay in my room unless im going to class or the gym or to the mountains

>family wanted pizza
>looked up a small pizza with a bunch or chicken and veggies for macros and it wasn't bad
>ate only half of it at 550 kcal and 70 protien.

What the hell op? Can't even write a proper title? It's /fatty/ general

The hottest girl at the gym said my new haircut looks good, and is only ironicly dooshy, not actually dooshy so, victory!

As fucked up as it sounds, but its almost like I need total concentration not to eat shit thats in my apartment. Like some kind of LITERAL ham beast.

Hit 300lbs on my squats on Saturday. Nearly hit 315 lbs but failed 3/4's of the way back up. Up 100lbs since I started 6 weeks ago. Feeling pretty good lads.

Starting low carb and low calorie today along with weight training and cardio 5 days a week. Did it before and lost 7 lbs in first week, trying to stay on it this time.

throw out anything bad. really go strict with it

Oh I have, but I'm pretty much done for calories for the day, but i could get up and make a big ass sandwich for no reason other than to eat.

I know I shouldn't - it is just taking conscious effort not to.

I'm just going to go to bed soon.

watch this instead
youtube.com/watch?v=d-DDbXh1MYc

what the fuck.

Appetite is dead.

Thank you, user.

I can't get over this, I feel like I should be going to the gym now.

ive noticed that consuming 10g of sugar or less a day has helped me lose weight considerably

likely because it requires you to basically eat no sweets at all.

you're welcome guys. the best way to treat feeling hungry when you can't or shouldn't be eating is fat people hate threads.

>about to go underway
>all my meals will be given to me
>no way to count calories
>have only ever lost weight by autistically weighing everything I eat
>am 5'11, 210 lbs, and need to drop like 40 or 50lbs

H E L P

M8 thats barely 3 days worth of fuckup. Youre golden.

/mil/ fag here.
Femanon 20 5'5" and hitting 130lbs
Ive found myself to start to loose my metabolism. Im not too bad right now but im for sure gaining weight and i want to nip this in the bud before things get out of hand.
I want simular results but i get drug tested every month.
Im only reserves so its once a month i do anything with the army. In my civi life i work like a dog and i have zero time to work out. Granted i do try when i get a chance and eat pretty healthy but its not doing anything.

Suggestions on loosing roughly 15-20 lbs?

>milfag
>reserves

Haha. No.

oh no you're right where you were 4-5 days ago tops

so what? you've been losing weight for a lot longer than 4-5 days

lol reserves

Just getting that out of the way.

Find your TDEE and eat under it.

I hate my body but I'm an emotional eater. I need help to distract myself from food

i didn't go on break today and ate leftovers from the night before for dinner.

>Started almost 2 years ago now
>Lost 90 lbs in the first year on keto
>lolligag most of the second year, losing the same 15 lbs
>kick the depression and keto up again
>20 more lbs down in two months

Only 15 more pounds to go... Kill me.

No to what

if you track your kcals enough, you should be able to get a pretty damn decent estimate of just about any meal looking at it.

know your tdee, avoid super calorie dense shit like sugar, trans fats and just aim to be under your tdee.

you're fat and hungry because you eat fat.dairy and stuff...

eat pasta and rice if you want to lose weight

more lbs down in two months
damn, how?

Meme diet that literally kills you

>eat pasta and rice if you want to lose weight

gyaaaa no

How in fucking Christ can you eat that way???

Stop eating your feelings. Eat when hungry. Do a few 24 hour fasts to re-learn to tell 'actually hungry' from emo-eating. Read the sticky of just eat 1200-1500 calories per day if you have more than 30 pounds to lose. Do some kind of exercise every day or every other day. It's that simple to start.

That made me hungry, fuck you.

Well, are you? If so then ride on, crazy bug. If not, try eating sensibly for an actual keto diet and ditch bread and cookies. You don't need a food treat every day, you aren't a dog.

Fucking keto and IF, dude. I'm chugging bronkaid too, eating around -900? I'm a sadist but if I remained how I was I'd have killed myself.

Remember yesterday, suffer today, live tomorrow.

Can someone please tell a fatbro what all these acronyms like IIFYM and TDEE mean? I keep seeing all these terms in fatty threads and I'm lost

Eat less. 1200 calories per day, try low carb, it's not as hard/draining as keto if you are working a lot of hours.

You are not a milfag because you dress up as a soldier and play pretend for 4 weekends out of the year.

If It Fits Your Macros, Total Daily Energy Expenditure

Read the sticky and google is your friend.

Well according to myfatness app I ate under 600 calories today. Pretty good day for me, despite not exercising.

ya'll got progress pics?

>6'0
>280 to 200 lbs in 1.5 years

I've been trying to get to 180 lbs for the past 2 month, but it seems impossible to lose that last 10-20 lbs

Im scared user

I just want to be thin already.

I thought the Navy could help me with that, but theyve been doing the fucking opposite and literally hindering my ability to get into better shape ever since I left boot camp.

I just want to be thin and beautiful already. Im so close but so so so far.

holy shit I look almost exactly as your former self. Not as hairy though. 1.5 years? I can do that. Wish me luck fitbro

Nice man. You don't look like you were 280 in that top pic, I would have guessed you were much less than that, but its never easy to guess weights

go be a stripper and then a hooker

I'll take the triple bypass. Oh, and no bun please, I'm losing weight with a low carb diet.

You should try body recomp program

You can do it bud. Just take it one day at a time. I believe in you.

yeah my co-workers think I'm 160 lbs right now, even though I'm 200 lbs. It's kind of annoying because when I tell them I still want to lose 10-20 more pounds, they tell me I have body dismorphia or something -__-

we can do it, user.

270-200 in 1 year, I've been trying to get to 190 off and on for about 5 months now to no avail.

thats because theyre normies and theyre trying to hold you back from greatness.

this actually makes sense, feed all the fat fucks, punish them by spanking them and now they are conditioned to feel pain whenever they eat.

he's essentially getting rich and saving all the fat fucks. he's like jesus.

Bearbro back
>Tfw on a cut and hit all of my macros except calories.
>IIFYM wants me to eat like 2.7k cals per day.
>Ate 1800
>150 more than I wanted to.
I have no idea how to cut properly and retain muscle correctly. :(

saving them or letting them die. both are noble

I just ate 1280 calories worth of Girl Scout cookies. I want to fucking die.

Visited a friend of mine at work who offered some. He had a case of thin mints and offered a few boxes.
Turned him down. Didn't have a single one.
>tfw thin mints are my favorite
>tfw looking good is more important
Feelzgewdbruh.wmd

How exactly does Intermittent Fasting work? I always skip breakfast and don't eat until 11-ish. Then I typically eat dinner about 5-6. I rarely snack after that. So aren't I technically already doing it?

I was just wondering because I didn't think that it helped with my appetite or losing weight.

sounds like you are pretty much doing it already. I have an 8 hour eating window myself from 12pm-8pm. So I don't eat breakfast or past 8.

Surely not in one sitting. That sounds like one hell of a drunken binge eat!
>typical Caturday night

>280lbs to 159lbs in a year
>not even actively trying to lose the weight anymore
>can't stop losing weight just on my own now
Help. Not eating any differently than i have been for months now, is my body just naturally getting me to the weight i should be at 5'10" or what.

Already posted in the CBT

235lb to 150lb

>inb4 use sunblock

nice, height and how long?

How'd those stretchmarks fade? Any loose skin?

To everyone doing keto stop. Just do 0 carb. So much easier. Every day before I go to bed I cook 2 cornish game hens and eat them for the next day. Around 1600 total calories and it keeps me full.

Dropping weight like a crack head.

159 is a little low for someone who lifts

...do you lift

Need to work on wearing something other than short sleeve T's when outside, homeboy. Otherwise nice.

5'11, going on 10 months almost

Stretchmarks faded nicely and there is a little loose skin, only noticeable if I bend over it gets a little wrinkley looking, it will probably tighten with time. I used a bunch of elastin firming lotion and Vit E oil 3 times a day, idk how much that had an effect though.

Ya I was driving in the desert with my window down last weekend, hurts like a bitch lol.

>be skinny whole life
>6'1"
>lifted lots but never ate enough
>permanent DYEL
>140 lbs in 2010
>chain-smoker
>start lifting good
>peak at 185 lbs lifting
>still having problems but healthy
>mad stress comes around
>marriage
>car accident
>family deaths
>career change
>buy house
>moves
>licensing
>change jobs
>redo entire home
>finally can take a breath
>fucking 230 lbs no lifting
>what have I become
>cutting at 1000 cal a day
>walking up a hill on lunch breaks rather then eating French dips
>chopped tier cook but can't do shit now
>ate string beans with soy sauce tonight
>mfw have a tropical cruise in 40 days and need to cut 20 lbs

Fucccckk I just want a sleeve of saltines and thin mints

What I want to know is how to keep the weight off. Easily summed up 3 years ago I had a 270 bench, weighed 190. Now these are reversed.

Why does life hit so hard?

Who /maintaining/ here?

Is it hard to keep your goal weight after losing a substantial amount? I don't think I'll balloon the way I did a few years ago, since that was mostly due to a long time living the "college lifestyle", so I think it was a fluke that I got so fat in the first place. In a way, I'm actually kind of relieved that I'm more of a boring person these days and can move on being a normal, healthy adult

>was 315 over a year and a half ago
>started to finally try and lose weight
>got down to 250 by last September
>lost my job at that time
>stuck living as a NEET for months
>weight went back up to 260
>got a new job last week

Help me get back on track, anons.

How much should someone who lifts weigh at 510 or 511?

Yo. I put on about 8 pounds over the last 2ish months so now I'm going on a mini cut.
Should drop the weight in about 10 or so days.

I made a deal with the devil. I used to be Veeky Forums. I made it. Own home. Bringing in 12k a month after taxes. No debt. Easy job. But I lost my fitness. Don't make excuses. Get fit now.

>go from 350 to 200 after almost two years of raw DETERMINATION and dieting without fail
>get down to 195 at my absolute lowest
>go through some life changes, realize that im nearly a fucking cripple with seriously fucked up posture issues thanks to a literal lifetime of being a fat fuck, superobese since i was 6
>get depressed, still lift but diet suffers
>slowly gain weight
>go from 190, to 200, to 215 by the time 2017 rolls around
>tfw my various deformities have started to get a lot better
>tfw can almost stand like a human being
>tfw back slowly starting to straighten out
>tfw still a fat fuck

I-its just a road block r-right brehs

Im currently down to 206-209 after about a month and a half of getting back on my diet.

I figure I have about 20lbs til I look like a normal dude, 30 or 40 before I start looking hot.

I-itll be w-worth it right brehs?

Surely all my pain and suffering hasnt been for no reason h-haha right?

I just want to be thin already.

It feels so shitty being closer than I ever have been, stronger than I ever have been, but still so so so far away from being attractive.

>tfw kissless virgin at 22

just hang in there. it will all work out in the end

So how many of you actually answer questions and add input to others asking for help? Is it a universal rule to not answer something simple if the sticky answers it?

What if I asked something like what the general idea of losing weight is? It's to burn more calories than we eat basically but let's say you eat just the right amount of calories to keep losing and you do a 300 calorie burn workout, what does that mean? do people mostly just do the jogs and walks to make sure they don't go over what they need to eat in order to keep losing weight or can you practically get away with no exercise for months while keeping an exact diet and not breaking for the entire time?

Just curious

I know you want me to read the sticky a second time after asking this but I just want to know if everything I read here gets trumped by the sticky? You guys have had progress so I'd just feel more comfortable hearing it from you.

Tons of fat fucks on fit. Word of advice. Only drink water/juice.

Eat oats with no suger

Eat original greek yoghurt
Otherwise gtfo u fat shit

>being retarded
>trying to give advice