Was Arnold just another roider? He says he only used roids to "maintain" mass but that sounds like bullshit to me

Was Arnold just another roider? He says he only used roids to "maintain" mass but that sounds like bullshit to me.

No, he was THE roider

>all these jelly as fuck DYELS
Arnold was natty, deal with it, faggots

This.

You're naïve to believe he didnt roid to gain his mass

>He says he only used roids to "maintain" mass
Laughable. I can't imagine even he actually believes that to be true, or ever did. He was a politician long before he ever ran for office.

Was he "just" another roider, though? No. He was Mr. Olympia 7 times (even though a lot of that had to do with his business relationship with Joe Weider, who controlled the Olympia). Still, he did accomplish something: he convinced Joe Weider that he deserved to be the face of bodybuilding. Then he went on to become a movie star, businessman and politician. That counts for something.

In summary, he's done a lot more than the average manlet. He's a manlet who finally learned.

no he was the greatest roider that ever lived

he looks 80 there, isnt he only 67?

>Manlet

Reminder that Arnold is the most overrated bodybuilder of all time and was only popular due to him being Weider's poster child and highly marketable to normies

Arnold's Pro "Highlights"

1970 NABBA Mr. Universe - professional in London, England. Who cares?
1970 AAU Pro Mr. World in Columbus, Ohio. Sergio entered the competition after showing up only to watch Vasily Alexeev clean and jerk 500 in an exhibition, so Arnold walked away with an easy victory against one day-of entry Oliva and perrenial bridesmaid-in-competitions Dave Draper.

1970 IFBB Mr. Olympia in New York. Beat one guy who previously won uncontested.

1971 IFBB Mr. Olympia in Paris, France. Beat two guys, one of whom was 50.

1972 IFBB Mr. Olympia in Essen, Germany. Beat three disqualified opponents.

1973 IFBB Mr. Olympia in New York. Beat a guy he outweighed by 50 lbs and the sliced and diced but totally outmassed Serge Nubret, because Sergio was so pissed at Weider's shenanigans, tomfoolery, and balderdash to bother showing up.

1974 IFBB Mr. Olympia in New York. Beat one unseasoned competitor and two guys he outweighed by 50 lbs.

1975 IFBB Mr. Olympia in Pretoria, South Africa. In his final lackluster Olympia victory before retiring, Arnold again defeated the Hulk, Serge Nubret, and a handful of guys who weighed what Arnold weighed in high school, all while competing light and having only trained a couple of months for the event.

1980 IFBB Mr. Olympia in Sydney, Australia. Arnold is handed a victory in what is widely considered a fixed competition against decent competition, though seven of them would be considered "manlets" under today's standards because they weighed less than most novice lifters can bench.

fpbp

According to Rick Wayne, professional bodybuilder and longtime Weider magazine editor, "It was no secret around the Weider headquarters that whenever the publisher featured a black champion on the cover of Muscle Builder, sales plummeted. Surely a champion who couldn't sell magazines was a close to useless as an endorser of food supplements and gym equipment" (Roach Vol II 35).

Sergio's 1970 Mr. Olympia loss was engineered. Wieder and Arnold were known to be close and had entered into several joint business ventures by 1970, and Weider's fate was increasingly tied to Arnold's. As such, Weider and Arnold convinced Sergio that Arnold was not competing at the 1970 Mr. World (though Weider had arranged private transportation to the event for Arnold), which precipitated Sergio's naive entry into the contest the day of the event and subsequent loss. This loss destroyed his confidence and interrupted his preparation for the Olympia, which was held two weeks later.

Due to the deception, Arnold was crowned Mr. World, run by Jim Lorimer, both of whom began co-promoting the Night of Champions a few years later in the same venue.

Onstage at the 1970 Mr. Olympia, Arnold tricked Oliva into leaving the stage as if he'd lost as Arnold kept posing. According to a variety of sources, this had a measurable effect on the judges in Arnold's favor, and guaranteed that Weider would have his fair-haired Mr. Olympia for Magazine covers.

Weider quickly passed rules banning IFBB competitors from competing in other organizations, which prevented any real competition from entering the Olympia and kept Arnold out of any competitions that would jeopardize Weider's investment, including an exhibition in 1972 in which both Arnold and Sergio would have been paid $2500 each to compete... at a time when only Mr. Olympia received prize money in that competition and the prize was less than half of Lurie's.

This is what scares me about the fitness industry the most.
There are people out there who legitimately believe there is even a chance of someone getting that big naturally.

And not one opinion was changed that day

people die at 80. he looks 67.

Normie pls go

>he only won because he worked harder and was bigger and more developed than his competition
wtf I hate Arnold now

litally this

Never. Arnold is our God. The only person who has taught me more about life and lifting is rich piana. You niggers need to stop hating on guys who have shown us the way.

He's 5'10. In his prime, he was 6'1. He's clearly shorter than his 5'11 daughter.

Jesus. I knew he only beat a tiny handful of opponents to win his titles but wow. This is like a boxer who is 28-0 and then you see all of his opponents were 5-20.

>be nobody from austrian backwater village
>make your way up to be one of the most famous and successful people of the world through hard work and dedication
>fat manlets on a vietnamese support group for sentient farm equipment think it was all due to roids

lmao

He did what it took to win. If you think there's something wrong with that.... well now you know why you are fat loser sitting in a basement doing nothing with your life.

>not understanding how competitive records work
There can only be one winner per Olympia, just like the super bowl or World Series. Title fights in combat sports can happen every month.

/thread

>There can only be one winner per Olympia, just like the super bowl or World Series.
No shit, Sherlock.

>Title fights in combat sports can happen every month.
How does this in any way invalidate what I said? Face it: Arnold beat abysmal competition.

>think it was all due to roids

no just genetics

>it was all Arnold
>giving blow jobs to weider and roiding in between hummers didn't help at all

this is the board that also worships a dead wog faggot so color me surprised

How the fuck are you supposed to be a pro bodybuilder without genetics?

That's just like, your opinion man.

Arnold was never 6'2 not even in his prime. I can get the same screenshot saying the rock is 6'5

He's European enough to admit to "some" steroid use, as he's intelligent enough to know that all successful people use the tools available to them.

However, he's also American enough to know that his brainwashed flag-worshiping subjects have the "hurr durr roidz is cheating!" attitude, so he downplays it.

holy shit lou ferigno was that big?

He was big, but he's also out-angling Arnold here.

>He says he only used roids to "maintain" mass
Did he say that? I think he was pretty forward with admitting he was roiding. He was "just another roider", but one with amazing physique.

he wasn't even adult when all he could think about was buying and using all possible kinds of steroids available at that time