Has anyone here ever dropped flat bench completely, or for a couple of months...

Has anyone here ever dropped flat bench completely, or for a couple of months, and just focused on incline/dumbell type stuff instead?

No, because i participate in varsity football where i need to lift in order to improve my athletic ability instead of lifting just to get 0.005 cm increase in my chest which will go away if i forgot to workout a week.

Yep. But then I corrected my technique and haven't stopped benching in three years. Bench is life.

yeh its called conjugate periodization and rotating special exercises. it works but only if you choose the right movements and progressively overload them at a fast rate. like what alphadestiny and eric bugenhagen does

Why is Zyzz so sad?

Holy kek at that manlet next to zyzz.

Zyzz was like 5'10 that guy must be like 5'5 LOL

yeah i haven't done done flat in a year. incline hits everything I need much better, I look down on the flat benchers now

He was 6'1-6'2 you projecting manlet.You can tell from a lot of group pics

>bench press
>athletic ability
>varsity fatboyball

Lollercopter, Oh man. That was a good one, buddy ol pal.

sets of five of weighted dips

I dropped flat bench for a while to in favor of decline bench and incline bench I really need to square off my pecks and i hear this is a good way to do that

I haven't done barbell bench in years. Dumbell bench press instead. Flat and incline.

Dropped bench press for dumbbell bp and weighted dips.

I plan on specializing in the OHP. Gonna drop the BP eventually

>The press
>Ring dips
>Incline db bench

Chest is joocy

Your better of doing incline.
>t. left tackle

Why would I drop the most
F U N
U
N

lift?

>Zyzz was like 5'10
lmao

u mirin'

this. i have disproportionally large pecs because i love benching and do it every other work out at least. if only my triceps would see some growth too

Yes, I too, have started juicing

So it's impossible to make chest gains without flat bench?

* if you're natty

I haven't flat BB benched in probably 4 years. There are NUMEROUS benefits to DB bench over barbell bench, including but not limited to: more stretch and ROM leading to more hypertrophy and quicker strength gains, independent use of hands which corrects imbalance caused by a barbell, better overall shoulder health, better activation of stabilizers, etc. etc. etc.

I do both incline and flat DB and I'll never go back. Of course if you compete, you kind of have to BB bench

This. But I need to get sick pec gains desu. So I think I'm going to do dumbell flys. Maybe throw in some bench anyway for fun.

Post a pic of your chest to prove it's actually better.

I'm actually baffled that people think you have to flat bench for a decent chest.

Why does Veeky Forums believe that you HAVE to bench/squat/deadlift and anyone who makes good muscles gains without those exercises must be on roids?

DB flat bench is a suitable replacement

I can't give up BB out of vanity, it was the first major exercise I started with at 15 years old and 7 years later I'm about to pass 405 as a max

I think DB is superior though, for form and aesthetics

My 2x weekly chest routine is 4 sets flat BB, 3 sets flat DB, 4 sets incline DB

So what's your plan on getting from 35kg 3x10 to to 37,5kg? You don't just make the jump by doing dumbbell bench press. You will eventually make the jump if you bench press with a bar

Increase reps and then increase weight

I go from 35 to 36 to 37 and 38.

None of those exist except 35

you don't exist

I have them.

I've seen more growth in my chest since switching to flat and incline dumbbell press. Plus, for ego-stroking, I've noticed more mires in the gym for 'benching' 90s in each hand than benching 275lb on the barbell.

I dropped flat barbell completely for incline and dumbbells because I stalled on barbell. Whenever I go back to it, it's far easier now.

I do flat bench as a main exercise working up to a max single with maybe a couple of back off singles if I'm feeling good, and then DB bench and dips for volume. It's done some good for me as I've finally hit 2.5pl8 on the bench

Because he's dead.
That's why

As other anons have already said, DB flat bench superior for ROM and shoulder integrity, along with dem stabilizers.

I've gotten to 100lbs each hand for 8 so far.

I'm stalling at 300 lb. BB bench and my gym's DBs only go to 100 lbs. I think I might be a dipshit soon.

underrated post