Cardio alternatives to running/swimming?

Everyone always talks about running/jogging or swimming when it comes to cardio training, but what are some other alternatives?

No water bodies near where I live, and for some reason running really fucks up my lower leg muscles

Cycling

Rowing

Zumba and Wii fit

sex is best cardio

squats with no weights

push ups

idk anything you can do for long periods of time that gets the blood pumping

i hate running, and swimming seems like a huge hassle, so i started jumping rope around christmas time. I like it because a) its more efficient than running and b) it takes skill and has more variation which I enjoy

not good for joints though

do you know where you are?

Rolling down a hill
Rolling up a hill
Dodging traffic
Jumping from car to car in a parking lot
Talking to girls
Breathing really fast
Taking lots of meth
Punching self repeatedly in chest to simulate faster heartbeats
Jumping off things
Enthusiastic use of playground equipment
Water parks
Climbing a tree

All thing where your heart goes faster for healthy

I love cycling, lost about 40 lbs through it

jump rope

Doesn't your gym have a pool? I dunno I think out with a low impact sport, swimming is the best option.

Sign up for some badminton like that (low impact sport) at your local center and see how it goes.

Cycling if you wanna go fast and burn fat like crazy.

Speed eating

burn more calories than you eat

Burpees and mountain climbers.

I was thinking about that along with some bodyweight squats like said (maybe jumping squats?), but I honestly have no idea how to arrange those 3 things into any sort of routine/program. I'm autistic so I need a detailed program in order to actually stick to it and not just stop after a few weeks because it's too "random". Any suggestions?

No gym, I train calisthenics and lifting any heavy log/rock I may find. I live in the middle of nowhere, very plain farmland and not that much forest. Closest gym is probably 3 hours away by car.

Rope jumping sounds decent. Do you guys just do at a steady pace for long periods of time, do you vary speeds...? I'm sure it's not as simple as it looks and there's some beef to it.

You can do many variations/speeds.

Climb/run stairs?

I can understand how to cary speeds, but what do you mean variations? Are there different motions you can do with the rope other than the basic circular rope climbing movement?

fpbp

I do 15-30 mins on the bike after most workouts. It's nice

(stationary) bike
elliptical
jumping jacks/jumprope/trampoline
stairs
burpees if you want to be a meme
speedbag (boxing)
rowing machine

do you live in the Sahara desert or what?

jumping rope, if you do it excessively

Southcentral Spain, La Mancha, where Don Quijote takes place. I'm just unlucky enough I live in one of the most isolated shitholes in the area, which is already pretty empty

Lower legs as in your shins?

Yeah, the muscles behind and to the side of the shins. They don't hurt while I run, I actually can do that just fine, but after 30-40 minutes, by the time I stop, my legs start to hurt to the point that some days I had to lay down on the floor for 15 minutes right after coming back from a run. And they usually hurt/are sore the next day too, just not as aggressively.

Shin splints almost always indicate poor form.

How do i into proper running form? My back is naturally straight, as are my legs when I run, I'd say

>Naturally straight
That's probably your problem. I imagine you by "straight" you mean the position on the left here?

Yeah, that's exactly it. Thought that was proper form.

Bullshit it is a low impact exercise unlike running, espsecially if you do it on a soft surface like a mat. Take small boxer style jumps rather than large schoolgirl ones.

I'd say give running another go, with proper form this time, and see how it goes. If you're still getting shin splints, maybe try cycling instead.

you can jump with both legs, alternate legs, 2+ on one leg then alternate, double+ unders, criss cross rope, lift legs high