Have you played your first game of the day yet Veeky Forums?

Have you played your first game of the day yet Veeky Forums?

Looks like black is winning after ...Rae8

Yeah, I played 1.e4?? and resigned after 1. .. c5!!

I just did and lost

Not yet, I took a few days off. I'm back above 1240 on chess.com and I've been in the 1200 range for the past few months because I don't practice enough.

Chess is a lot less fun when you realize that spontaneous moves rarely happen amongst good players.
It's a game of selecting pre-made moves based on the board layout
The game has been analyzed to the point where there the best moves for every circumstance have been figured out a long time ago. So good players just memorize all those moves.

I play internet speed chess

it combines tactics and reactions

post a link. need a pre-workout game

playing chess since a kid.
>tfw i beat all of my friends and they dont want to play whit me anymore
>tfw I am not even that good player.

That's why you don't get laid, right user?

Chad's have already figured out how to fuck girls in the optimal way?

I'm never good enough because I'm always tired and mentally worn out when I play. I need to read up on strategy. Is this book any good?

bullshit,

The best chessengine nowadays (stockFish) is blowing up at some chess puzzles and hard to understand variations from 400+ years old.

Computers are calculate tactics, but are shit compared to humans when it comes down to strategics.

There is alot to be discovered still.

Sure, but it doesn't change the fact that the way you play at high level is to check the board against common layouts and then apply the best strategy for that type of layout

>still playing chess

This would be fine if there was a very short amount of time to make your move
and it's why I play fighting games

>meant to be put on lines not in the fields
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>that first king's gambit of the day

>700 rating on lichess

yeah

Fuuuuuck i used to love playing go. I should buy a new board idk what happened to my old one. Way better than chess

Try and refute this. You'll fail.

is that why no human has been able to beat a top computer for 20 years?

I can't refute it. The scotch game is undoubtedly the best and my favorite opening.

But none of those represent the Scotch.