I wanna play Rugby Leauge next year, I'm 6'0" 75 kg but I'm unfit and skinnyfat as fuck

I wanna play Rugby Leauge next year, I'm 6'0" 75 kg but I'm unfit and skinnyfat as fuck.
Basically have no muscle and I'm not good at cardio.
What should I do this year to get ready?
Will SS do it?

>Rugby League

What's the problem? Too stupid to learn how to play actual Rugby

>I wanna play Rugby Leauge

sorry to hear that user :( is it contagious?

league or mongo ball is only for degenerates, I love to watch it but I could never play it because of this. The fact that you're browsing a taiwanese basket weaving forum for help shows you're not the person for league, hell the fact that you know how to operate a computer puts you out.

Search the internet for simple cardio based goals. If you achieve some then go talk to a personal trainer at a gym.

I think SS is perfect. But maybe throw a shoulder exercise more in there.
15 more kilos and you're perfect

But the League season is just starting

You can compensate for being smaller and skinnyfat with good tackle technique, but League is super intense so work hard on cardio

I wanna play next years season

I wanna play it because a few of my friends do, plus I know the rules.
Why do you guys hate it?

I'm gonna stop starting every post with "I wanna" now

Play this years season. Nothing will motivate you more to get stronger, plus there are other skills you need to learn.

It's a heavily dumbed down and role-homogenised version of Union and only bogans like it.

That being said, I'm actually going to help you because even though it's the inferior form of rugby, rugby is still the worlds best sport, so that makes it the world's second best sport which is a pretty noble goal.

Rugby needs fuckloads of leg strength, which SS is definitely good at. It also needs "explosive" movement - which is the oly lifts, and SS has power cleans which is close as you'll probably get as a beginner.

I would suggest though that you accessorize a lot of lower back, upper back and shoulder work, lower back as this strengthens your spinal erectors to avoid injury, shoulder because dislocated shoulders/torn ACs are one of the most common injuries in rugby, and you'll need back strength for tackling.

Also, perhaps more important, you need fuckloads of conditioning. Do HIIT sprints wherever you can (~3 times a week if possible) and short cardio runs after your workouts.

>not playing Union in the Winter and League in the summer
>making it

NH best hemisphere

Cheers user, I might look into Rugby then if it's that much superior

> heavy squats
> sprinting
> Sled work (push and pull)
> Yolk carries

>NH best hemisphere

Come on now you're a joke in league and in union on your best day you barely break the top 3 of world rugby.

This is currently the best england have ever been in the modern era and even then the ABs would stomp them.

Union is a thug's game played by gentlemen, League is a gentlemen's game played by thugs.

I play rugby league because i'm from Yorkshire and i'm not a posh cunt. Just go down to your closest grounds, talk to the coach and tell him you want to play.

He will put you in tackle drills to decide whether youre enough of a man to worth spending time on, at which point he will tell you what to train.

Do sprints. However good you think your cardio is, if youre skinnyfat, it isnt good enough.

Also bulk fatty.

Where u located op ?
SS is probably your best bet , maybe some extra back work but other than that it's mostly attitude and the effort you put into runs and tackles.

central coast

Same bro play union for Gosford and got payed to play juniors for eddies for a bit
Who u gonna play for

nice, I was thinking kincumber or woy woy

Phat I know a couple people playing woy woy and kincumber , good luck to you

This guy OP i've played rugby for 16 years before i quit bc university, In Argentina you have to join a club to play and i didn't have the time. Shoulders and legs, shoulders and legs, everyday, I began with volume and strenght and then began oly movements, best exercises for explosion, wich is necesary in rugby, also bc you are dyel i'm assuming you're going to be playing as a back, so a lot of cardio, you will be running and pushing for 90 minutes it's quite demanding, you never walk, also make sure you get really strong neck and shoulders, otherwise yo will get injured, forearms, you really need a strong grip, and a lot of lower back, as you will get a lot of hits over there. A good rugby body is someone really strong, with volume to protect your organs and bones, with explosive strenght and a lot of endurance, good luck mate. Also protect your teeth

>Rugby League
>Rugby Union

Pick both

Tom May is 5'9