Hey I am looking for balconybro, I have a qquestion on the routine...

Hey I am looking for balconybro, I have a qquestion on the routine, I'm the user from the other day you were helping with the shoulder and si joint injury. It's on your program. What happens if you fail a lift? If you have to go through 4 supersets, I haven't been able to get past the second yet. My muscles are so fatigued that I fail on the set set of the 2nd set if that makes sense. I'd like to know your input. Thanks bro

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-37712288
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump

Bump

Fuck that routine it's shit. Balconybro is shit too. Do a real routine.

And I thought Arnold's Blueprint was high volume...

Fuck you dyel

What's so special about this? Looks like a typical splitbro routine...

Morning user. If you're failing to hit the 8-12rep range in your second set you are without a doubt using a weight that's too heavy for you at this point. If you give me examples of which specific movements you're doing and what weight you're trying to use for that movement I can elaborate further.

PS - that routine is my older one from last year. Here is the updated one reflecting very beneficial changes to chest program and current pics.

I'm Randy btw, anyways for example on my chest and bicep day. I start with 4 sets of dumbbell chest press incline with 20lbs. Yes in weak but I do 20lbs 12 reps a set for 4 sets. Then I do dumbbell curls 12lbs 4 sets of 10 because 12 is to much.

Then for my second superset I'll do machine chest press 70 lbs 10 reps and on the third set I fail. Along with chest press I was doing 20lb dumbbells for hammer curls. Fail on the 2nd where I can't do anymore. Idk what to do after that. Those are my 2nd movements of the day and your program has 2 more supersets

Fuck off, Randy

would this work for a noob lifter, or is it novices and above?

Fuck you

What do you look like when you aren't flexing your abs?

So Balcony, is this routine ABCABC or ABxCAxBC or AxBxCxAxBxC or what?

It is in the picture bro, ABCABCx

nigger it says ABCABCX on the image

After doing a strength program and lifting a decent amount move to this. aka intermediate.

Not balconybro, but if you're that weak then you must be an utter beginner. A strength routine would give you decent size gains while preparing you for the volume you'd face under this routine.

Also, make sure that you're eating and sleeping enough to adequately recover. Training 6 days a week is no joke and your body can easily rack up cumulative stress.

Your first set of movements and weight is fine seeing as all four sets are being able to be completed in the 8-12rep range for all 4 sets.

However your second set of movements is where you need to drop the weight. On the chest press machine try 50-60lbs and see if you can get all 4 sets 8-12reps each. Then for your bicep movement (hammer curls) you need to drop to something lighter than 20lbs. Try 15lbs's on the hammer curls to see if you can finish all 4 sets at that weight. If not, go even lower, 10 or 12.5lb dumbells. Don't get caught up on the weight you're using. Hypertrophy programs prioritize being able to complete sufficient volume, no matter how small the weight.

I've run the abcabcx split since day one, that's not to say you should or shouldn't though, it's just what I did. The volume of sets can be hard to jump into for someone who isn't used to training, which is why a lot of people recommend a lower volume strength routine like SS to beginners.

ABCABCX

Don't have any nonflexing pics but this is an example of with/without shirt.

40 sets of back, chest, and shoulders per week
40 sets of biceps and triceps per week

hahhahahahaha

balconybro looks like a tiny MasT

4sets x 4movements x 2days per week = 32, not 40. just fyi.

but you have 5 movements, which makes it 40

do you have a job? how long are your workouts? that was the "hahahaha" part

i'll go as far as to say most people could cut all this shit in half and it would still be too much on a weekly basis

You don't need 5 different exercises for biceps, just do 2-3, one for 5x5, one for 3x8-12, then maybe one or two burnout sets at the end. For hypertrophy it's about fatiguing the muscle, not endless work.

Third try, read the routine again. Very top says pick 4 movements. 5 are listed as to give options for preference.

>do you have a job? how long are your workouts?

Yes I work 40 hours a week like the rest of the world. My workouts are ~1 hour each. The logic of the routine's muscle group combinations allows you to superset every set with an unrelated muscle group, minimizing idle/rest time needed. By the time you finish your chest set, biceps should be ready. By time you finish biceps, chest should be ready. Superset like this until end of workout.

Thanks fo rthe advice bro, is randomly posting on Veeky Forums and hoping to reach you the best way to contact you? It's me Randy again. Or is there a better way? Like a bodybuilding inbox or an email of some sort? Not to be a creep or anything

Dont even bother, he is roided. The routine is for those on gear, please dont fall for that scam. Youll only get injured further.

On Instagram @balcony_bro. I'm not on there much, usually just reposts from here, but you can message me direct there.

I guess all hypertrophy routines that aim to hit each muscle group twice for a total of 30ish sets/week are only meant for people on steroids? Right. The only reason a trained individual wouldn't be able to do this volume is if they're exhausting themselves prematurely by using weight that's too heavy, hence strength-based routines emphasising lower volume and higher weight. Different goals require different training methods, this shouldn't be news to anyone who's read about the fundamental differences of training for strength vs hypertrophy.

>trained individual
Op said is is a fucking noob. Like can you not read kid?

Hey, since you brought it up, is there any point to even attempting the Schwarzenegger Blueprint routine if you're natty? That is, is the volume prohibitive?

I've thought about trying it just for the fun of it to break the boredom of my current routine, but I don't want to waste my time either as a natty lifter if you need roids to help recover.

Dyel?

Alright my dude, tell me how you think this'll work out

>5'11
>165lb
>17%bf
>2333kcal a day for maintenance, bulking at 2566kcal
>untrained (was borderline intermediate but went through some real shit and was out of the gym for months, now pretty much untrained except for legs)
>natty
>your routine

y/n?

Yes, obviously. I just have a childish appreciation of Arnold after growing up with his movies and the kid in me likes the idea of doing his routine. I'm bored with my current routine and looking for a new one.

Fuck, I hate this new cynical Veeky Forums. Just answer the question or fuck off.

Should work just fine. If four movements per muscle group is too much volume to start with off the bat (like user Randy mentioned itt struggling to hit that many sets/reps), just pick three movements per muscle group. After a month or two of the routine you should be able to add the 4th movement. I really wouldn't drop down to 2 movements as that would be a mere 8 total sets, which isn't sufficient volume to cause hypertrophy at the respectively lighter weight being used compared to strength focused routines.

Arnold is a democrat. Therefore he is shit

>no squats

>no deads

>incredibly underwhelming core and forearms

>no fucking legs to speak of whatsoever

jesus christ RIP anyone who actually listens to this retard manlet's routine advice.

He's pretty DYEL outside of having incredibly low BF.

But, that's what a brosplit with too much volume will get you

Have you seen his body you fucking aspie? I 100% guarantee he looks better than you.

Lol Fuck you

When you say 8-12 does that mean shoot for 12? Or does that mean minimum 8 but try for 12? Or does that mean 12-12-12? Of could it be 12 on first set, 10 on second and 8 on the third?

Minimum 8 reps per set. If you're hitting 12 reps on all sets you're ready for the next weight increment. If you're doing 3 total sets and you're still looking like 12, 10, 8 reps then you're still in the perfect weight range. You'll notice progress as that second set starts to fill up to 12 reps, then the third. That's how progression looks on this routine. Fill each set up to 12 reps, increase weight, repeat.

This is Balcony bro

bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-37712288

>bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-37712288

Another fitizen tipped me off to him when I started tripping, pretty amusing story. Eating PIZZA while murdering tinder STACIES.

Wait is that seriously you?

No but the guy in that article was a miscer lol

No, the balcony in my trip comes from the fact that I am usually posting up from chilling on my balcony.

Arnold is a Republican you autist

That routine is fucking boring

Figures

Then tell me why he bashes trump dickbag?

He is right tho, that routine is pure SHIT

Says user who wont post his body

What happens if I just want to maintain strength while cutting long term? Can I lower the reps and increase the weight or is this a bad idea?

doing this program is a bad idea mate

Do you alternate between muscle groups or knock out the first group then go to the next.

Is this program meant to help bulk up or help cut?

Alternate, there's no point in sitting there idle between sets. Your chest recovers while you're doing biceps and vice versa, for example.

Either one. No need to change routine wether bulking or cutting, just your daily macros and calories.

>tfw the pump is real on shoulder day. Prolly second favorite day (after chest obv).

>he says smirking to the only people on fit actually lifting weights

What's your diet like?

100% IIFYM. I personally need a high volume of food to feel full, which ends up meaning pretty recipes that are naturally low in fats. 3 meals a day, usually something like:

Breakfast: protein muffins/pancakes
Lunch: bbq chicken flat bread pizza
Dinner: might eat out of on a date, or if at home another pizza, or fuck it mute muffins.

Each meal is around 60g protein, daily tdee while on this lean bulk is around 2600 calories.

Jesus

How much protein for a natty 150lbs 5'9 weakling

Other Republicans bash Trump too. Doesn't mean they're not Republicans

sorry for typos, was on phone.

stick with the classic 1g protein per lb bodyweight and you'll be good. So 150g protein/day.

> daily tdee while on this lean bulk is around 2600 calories.

how tall are you?

5'9 160lbs

How long were you lifting? Mind sharing before pic?

Sure, here is day 1 photo. Coming up on 3 years in May.

>such disgrace.

Not true

Amazing progress if you ask me. Holy shiet you went a long way from this body to what you have now.

we're similar sizes. im 5'8 165. how much more weight to lose till i lose these love handles you think?

Fuck posting that up motivated me to see the side by side of 3 years work. Like most fitizens I diminish what I see daily in the mirror just because I'm not at my goal yet. Feels a little surreal when you start stacking up time and just stop to look at what you've achieved since you started.

>we're all gonna make it senpai

Do you do anything for your traps?

No I've never done isolated trap movements, mine seem to respond adequately from the shoulder/back work in my routine.

Looking around 17-20% BF assuming you're flexing core. Love handles holding fat is specific to your genes and their tendency towards different areas of fat storage and how stubborn they are. Some people hold fat in their thighs, glutes, abdomen, ex, longer than they do in another area. For me personally lower back is the very last part to get truly lean with no handle at all. And that's talking like I have to go into the 7-8% range which is miserable in terms of quality of life. Not worth the severely minor aesthetic trade-off that literally 0% of the normal population will even be able to point out compared to a 9 or 10% summer body.

thanks. i actually dexa'd at 14.5. im lean looking from the front but its a different story front he side lol