Why do squats always feel so damn heavy even if you lift way less than your working weight?

Why do squats always feel so damn heavy even if you lift way less than your working weight?

Hurr Durr You mad WHITE BOI?

you got no workload capacity

That picture reminds me of the fact that you never see a tall downie

Sometimes warmup sets feels heavier for me than my actual sets.

it doesn't

try unracking 120% of your working weight just to get used to it

Because they are heavy

BLAGGED
L
A
G
G
E
D

I hope you're not squatting after doing any type of core exercise op... If you try to squat the day after doing heavy deadlifts for example, you're gonna struggle. Squats are as much a core exercise as they are a leg exercise.

This.

Hey anons, new/skinnyfag here. I'm okay with 10 pound dumbbells but I'm currently too weak to do reps with 15s. What's a reasonable starting weight for squats?

because they're extremely tough on your CNS, especially if you're doing slow reps

stop this cns meme please

>what's a reasonable starting weight for squats

This completely depends on your own weight and previous experience. There's no standard number for any beginner really, despite the bullshit people on this board will tell you.

Gauge the weight yourself and find something that's not too easy and not too hard. You should be able to finish all your reps but maybe struggle through the last few.

They almost always do for me, I assume it's because I'm not warmed up (hence doing warmup sets)

Just use the bar and go from there

Do stronglifts 5x5 as instructed (start with the bar).

No harm in it, you'll work up to decent weights quickly.

How the fuck am I supposed to gauge your leg strength from how much you can curl?

This photo reminds me of this guy with downs who comes to our gym.
His caretaker or whatever is a complete an utter 300lb+ shitbag.

That being said he(downie) comes in and waits patiently at one of the benches
(just stares at/watches whoever is using it until they are done)
Reps 315 bench and he HAS to pause for like 5 seconds at the bottom and top, Then he just runs a few laps and spashes around in the pool for an hour.

Makes my job worth it.

>that downy in the corner
kek

Damn mirin those tard gains

That black guy has the face of the fat chicks in Major Lazers 'Keep it going louder' video

I've got one at my gym, love the little guy. He is honestly just a ball of fucking sunshine and muscles. His caretaker is complete dyel.

He's there at least every day.

They don't. It's just a lot of weight in a large ROM

Honestly, this is kinda cute.

But I don't understand why benching less than your working weight feels like pushing a feather. The ROM is shorter, sure, but it's weird.

Lol I audibly kekked

I've noticed that the squat is the lift you need to most motivation for, warmup sets with light weight are hard to motive yourself for, but once you start lifting heavy you "try hard" and it stops feeling as heavy

Shortness is an aspect of the syndrome my man. Just like the enlarged tongue causing the speach impediment. That's what a "syndrome" is. A wide array of symptoms/problems caused by something.

Maybe it could be that my heart and lungs just can't keep up because even my working sets feel heavy as hell. I need to start doing more cardio.

>dumbbells
>squats

Amazing.