>your father who loves you very dearly is on his death bed
>he has asked you to not war with your brothers over the inheritance
>when he dies you will be left with no lands
What do

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/bATCZH
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

war with my brothers over the inheritance or become a mercenary

probably just marry some olive-skinned mediterranean qt and live quietly on a villa in northern italy

why would she marry you if you have no lands

I'd still get some money from the inheritance. I wouldn't marry an aristocratic woman or anything, just a qt peasant girl or something.

Because it’s the woman who gives up lands in a marriage [spoiler] and because then I can lobby for her family’s behalf in my brother’s court

>olive skinned

lmao wh*Te boy
lmao
meds are BLACK

Join one of the bazillion Italian mercenary companies and go get paid to kill frogs, krauts or maybe Turks.

Join the Clergy, become a bishop, help my older brother steal the middle child's land in exchange for a sizeable donation to my parish.

Assassinate my brothers.

>marring a peasant
Fucking normie

You're still the son of the old dead king and the brother to the current king, doesn't that mean something? Couldn't you marry a lesser noble's daughter?

It's an Italian duchy. Your duke-brother will either murder you or banish you to remove a potential threat, assuming you don't kill him first.

This actually, better to avoid all the drama. Power generally is worth less than happiness, and happiness achieved without use of power is unparalleled.

Probably work on art or some shit

This

This.

poison brothers

Become a mercenary man

Assuming you mean any time period between the medieval and early modern... I'd most likely go back to either the military I am attending, or my Condoterrie unit. This isn't rocket science.

First son inherits. Second son is church. Third son is military.

We're Italian. We're good at rigging the deck and despotism. I probably have a great relationship with both brothers, who will guarantee me work, a base of operations, and church support. In return, I guarantee them protection.

This is actually pretty ideal. There is a reason many of the richest families in Italy during the 15thC are still some of the richest in Italy today.

>he has asked you to not war with your brothers over the inheritance
>when he dies you will be left with no lands
Well, without lands, it's not as if I could. The only way would be to have someone put me on the throne, be it mercenaries or a foreign court, but that would be unethical and would put me in a subservient relation to them since I would be in their debt. I'll join the court of my oldest brother instead and try to get a high position within it. I won't plot against him, but will try helping him as much as I can.

Kill my brothers

I love you dad, but lands...

>We're Italian. We're good at rigging the deck and despotism
And then it went to shit in the modern age

Good lad

join the monastery, then spend all of my days studying history, making snail memes, brewing and drinking beer with my bros, and ignoring thots

*condottiere

War with my brothers over inheritance

*ends up murdered in his sleep by assassins sent by his brother just in case*

Join the militia and kill my brothers and their sons

Your brother would probably get suspicious and a lot of your rivals for various positions would whisper in his ears that you're aiming for the throne.

Best to just get a reputation as a lazy incompetent culturelover and marry some lesser banking family for money.

My bad. Thanks WebsterAnon.

I'll take
If my brother was getting suspicious, I bet he'd be relieved to hear that I'm perfectly willing to go live a quiet life in a countryside villa far away from power and politics.

Tell the cunt he should have had more land to split 3 ways.

Or deus vult if the crusades are still going

i move to venice and start a long term plot to destroy the city until there is not even a mound of sand underwater to indicate that it once stood remains.

discord.gg/bATCZH

Bring tapas

i would build a library and hire men to go far and wide to search for books, and hire men to teach me languages while also translating works brought home. i would invent the printing press in secret and stash copies of the books in secure hidden cellars that are built to resist the elements, give some to my brothers if they want em, and sell them away to scholars to pay for upkeep and labor costs. i would keep expanding my library until the day i died, then give it to ownership of the most enthusiastic scholar i can find while not telling him of the cellar hiding copies of all the books i hoarded.

Become a banker and then engineer the financial ruin of my brothers until I own everything they possess.

>villa
>peasant
"My broke ass uncle lives in an alpine villa"

That seems like a pretty good life.

Real life isn't Game of Thrones nigga, brothers can have completely normal relationships.

If you studied a bit of medieval history then you'd know GoT is pretty tame when it comes to family relationship

CRUSADE