Is it true that if you don't reach your recommended calories per day and you;'re in a big deficit that you will put...

Is it true that if you don't reach your recommended calories per day and you;'re in a big deficit that you will put your body into shock and hold onto fat?

i've been cutting about 4 weeks now and the fat is slowly coming off, starting to look better and better as the days go on.

I basically reduced my carbs by cutting my portions of pasta and rice from like 100g servings to like 50g (i did it slowly week by week 100, 90, 80, 60, 50)

My TDEE is 2600 calories but using myfitness pal app yesterday i found i'm only eating about 2000 calories a day.

I'm managing to meet my protein macros and i'm close to my fats but my carbs are really low.
I don't feel like i need more carbs as i manage 6 heavy weight sessions a week with 4 or 5 intense cardio sessions a week. And i dont feel too drained

But my flatmate who is a training dietitian said that if I don't reach my TDEE of calories then I will send my body into shock and hold onto the fat that i'm trying to use?

Any ideas?
Side Note: i'm aiming for below 10% bodyfat and u;m somewhere in the 15,16% body fat range at the moment

Other urls found in this thread:

snag.gy/JCkbhZ.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I know that if you don't get enough fat in your diet, leptin levels are expressed less causing ghrelin to override the system and reduce your metabolism so I would guess there is a similar mechanism for glucose

>2000kcal a day
>my body is in shock mode

lol

Try eating 500kcal for like a month and you might get into starvation mode.

This chart is retarded. The first guy is nowhere near 5%. The second and third guys have similar amounts of bodyfat, just different amounts of muscle mass.

interesting. Could you elaborate a bit please?
i'm not saying i think i'm in shock mode. I feel fine, just asking if my body could be holding on to fat because it doesnt understand haha
yeah i don't agree with these charts. Though body fat percentage varies hugely. There's a video where one guy looks like 3% and he's 7% body fat and another guys like 12/13% and he comes out at 5.6% its strange

>if I don't reach my TDEE of calories then I will send my body into shock and hold onto the fat that i'm trying to use?

Also what the fuck do they teach at the university? That is the most retarded thing I have ever read.

How the fuck do you think you are going to burn fat if you don't go under your TDEE?

Please tell me.

This is exactly what i'm saying.

like surely the lower calories the better right?

>Could you elaborate a bit please?

do you have a basic understanding of physiology?

not really no.

i know leptin has something to do with fat but no idea what ghrelin is

Starvation mode is blown out of proportion.
-500 cals will make you lose weight.

If you legit STARVE yourself for a looong time, then yes your body will SLOW DOWN on burning fat.

It is really simple but people do not wanna learn either to act smart or to keep being fat.

I've put my body in starvation mode and in my view the body uses less calories to operate not because of some weird mechanism, but because you get tired, do less and sleep more.

TL;DR they work in opposition to each other based off concentration amounts, when you don't get enough fat leptin is in a deactivated state which lets the concentration of ghrelin override it and lower metabolism

I see, thanks.
So being in a like 600 calorie deficit is fine?

I do feel alot more tired but not so much that i can't work hard in the gym, just struggle getting up at 5am on 7 and a half hours sleep.

So not enough fat is bad? I know you need decent fats because of insulin but will medium fats be okay?

I seriously doubt that your TDEE is 2600 calories
Also both you and your flatmate are dumb
You're never gonna make it at this rate breh

you're right. I re calculated and it came out at 3413

snag.gy/JCkbhZ.jpg

its a fucking imageboard go back to bb.com

Who made that fucking picture? They sure know a lot about bodyfat percentages

no you're fine.

i hit 15%-10% in 8 weeks and the first couple weeks i took out 300 cals each week until i was in a 500 calorie deficit.

i work on a sales floor so im moving a lot and i lift 4 days a week for an hour and cut out one set on all my lifts

in another week im finishing my cut so im gonna go up 250 cals to account for metabolic slowdown then another week at maintenance then start bulking again, most ppl just do maintenance for a couple weeks but lyle mcdonnny recommends this alternate way

>2600 TDEE
>15% bf
>factoring exercise into the calculator
Shiggy

No

>factoring exercise into the calculator
this is something I want to know

If I want to gain muscle,
doing SL,
do I just calculate my TDEE with "no exercise"
and add the 500?

WHAT THE FUCK I WAS TRYING TO BULK

If you're counting calories and are truly in a deficit, it could be water retention. I ate at a 1000kcal deficit for months, and at one point my weight loss stalled for 4 weeks straight. At the end of that 4 weeks, I lost 8lbs in 5 days.

Since then my weight loss has continued for a few weeks, and the trend line is perfectly back on track for 2lbs/week lost.

BMI is outdated anonette. It doesn't take muscle/fat ratio into account.

>it could be water retention.
This. aka the whoosh effect
your body only enters starvation mode when you have very low bodyfat and eating under 1000kcal/day
most people will never experience it

Did you not even read the sticky? Your flatmate is retarded.