Why do I keep hearing about the injury involved in pic related? They feel more natural than the conventional...

Why do I keep hearing about the injury involved in pic related? They feel more natural than the conventional. Is there a point in doing conventional if behind the neck feels gud?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sw3r2lytys8
t-nation.com/training/tip-dont-fear-the-behind-the-neck-press
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because you're fucking up your shoulder joint even if it "feels gud" you colossal fucking idiot.

Do some research or better yet just keep doing it until you can't lift your hands above your head.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sw3r2lytys8

>having no mobility whatsoever

There's literally NO reason to do the press from behind your neck. It's inferior in every way.

>a fucking übermensch on space-roids

yea no, I can't do everything klokov does

came in to post this.

bench for anterior delts
lateral raises for lateral delts
rows for posterior delts
everything else is autism

t. DYEL

>REEE U CANT DO EXERCISES I DONT LIKE
autism

Give me one good reason to do btn presses over lateral raises. There's literally none. Lateral raises hit lateral delts harder and are easier to perform correctly. If your anterior delts need more work your routine is dogshit. kys faggot

haha you totally BTFO'd him!

Military press?

mainly because you might not get the correct alignation of your shoulders when pushing

for what purpose

If they feel fine, you'll be fine. Most people aren't mobile enough for them to be safe, but if there isn't any unusual tension in your shoulders when you do them, you ought to be fine.

I get a lot people saying its bad for you but every fucking huge guy I've seen does them at te gym ssooo I guess it's up to the person personally I like the bar than machine

What's the difference between military and OH press?

>avobe average strenght
>well avobe average joint cartilage strenght
>well avobe average enthesis (were the ligament, cartilage or stuff is "gripped" to the bone)
>years of training
>super roids
>genetics

Yeah sure fagot, just remember to post back when you cant put your sippy cup to face level.

There isn't one.

Probably nothing wrong with a behind the neck press, but if you overload it youll fuck with your joints.

There's no bad exercises just bad form and bad ways to load exercises.

>lateral raises for lateral delts
Feel like this is booking a ticket to snap city

You should skip both and do The Press™ instead

t-nation.com/training/tip-dont-fear-the-behind-the-neck-press

military is most commonly just used to refer to OHP
but technically its a close foot stance OHP

>avobe
kys fucking waste of oxygen!

improves overhead position and stability
hits lateral delts much better(IMO)
more specific to improving overhead lifts

shut up you DYEL
>wah i dont want to do this exercise because it's hard and im unathletic
maybe because you're a bitch is why

not really. I would say it's superior for aesthetics. But depending on your anatomy it wears out stuff in your joints. I do them sometimes with light weight, wide grip and partial reps. All to avoid hitting tendons against acromion. Still am kind of wary of it.

>it feels more natural
>it doesnt snap ur shit up straight away so its fine
>le mobility
>everyone else does them so its fine

great arguments guys

Additional bicep flex, reason enough I think