How does Veeky Forums sleep to minimize shoulder discomfort?

>how does Veeky Forums sleep to minimize shoulder discomfort?

I have no idea where else to post this so I thought I would try here. I have slept like pic related for my whole life (27 years), about 2 years ago it got uncomfortable for me to sleep that way. Not a stinging pain or anything, but a general discomfort in my shoulder joint area. I started lifting about 8 months ago and I do alot of shoulder lifts (Clean and Jerk and Snatch mostly) and it has just made the discomfort worse. Again, not painful, just uncomfortable. What causes this? Sleeping on my side results in the same discomfort as sleeping like pic related.

>How could I sleep to minimize shoulder discomfort?

Other urls found in this thread:

bedbathandbeyond.com/store/category/bedding/bedding-basics/bed-pillows/13114/13114-4294966331-527811621-521110613-0?icid=ssPillowFinder
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sleep on your back.

>assuming OP is single

Sleeping in your back is guaranteed to make you snore.

>not assuming everyone is single on this shitty board
Literally why?

This isn't a "how to not disrupt your significant other sleeping" thread nor is it "how to not snore" thread.
It's how to remove shoulder pain from sleeping. Which is solved by sleeping on your back.

This has nothing to do with lifting faggot

Hijacking this thread.

I don't know how I slept last night but today my shoulder joint, lower deltoid hurts all the way to my upper forearm. It hurts to the point I couldn't do OHP because I was scared of seriously injuring myself.

It hurts mostly on outwarsd rotations and moving arms above 90° respect my body.

HELP IF I DON'T LIFT I KILL ME SELF

My flatmate snores really loud, he just makes his gf sleep in the living room on the couch

Whenever I sleep on my back I get sleep paralysis in the mornings. Every time and it's always scary as fuck.

have you considered not being a faggot

Same thing happens to me whenever I flip onto my side after sleeping on my back, and I fucking hate it.

Problem is mines my wife. I'd feel bad kicking her out of our bedroom.

Not an option. But it actually stings, way beyond soreness.

Sleep in your cuckshed

>not even real callasues

I sleep like that every night too, never caused me any discomfort. Have you considered that it might be your mattress?

>he does not sleep on his left side.
Backlet sleepers desu when will they learn

>Not sleeping towards the wall
Right or left doesn't matter.

I've had this mattress for only like 4 years and it didn't hurt when I first got it so I don't think it's that.

i sleep with my shoulder forward rather than behind me. pillow under my head, not between head and shoulder
I had a shoulder pain to for sleeping in a wrong way. I learened that forward form and it's ok now. Also I learned how to sleep on my back, but I don't really prefer it

I don't snore in any position

This, desu

sleeping with your backs to a potential home invader

winter foetus-ish position but arms nearly crossed and head resting above left hand also facing left

summer free-faller-ish embracing the pillow facing right

>>Not sleeping towards the wall

Fuck that,really fuck that nearly broken my ankle as one night during a dream I went full kung fu and started to I don't fucking know, maybe roundhouse kick the wall while lying on the bed, and all I remember was hearing a couple of thuds,shortly followed by pain an me cursing whatever I was beating in that dream

putting weight on your shoulder is probably causing the discomfort.

i would recommend not sleeping on your shoulder

How do you avoid sleeping on your shoulder while sleeping on your side though?

>He doesn't enjoy sleep paralysis
Never gonna make it.

>closing your eyes when you sleep

I sleep on my stomach desu since gravity pushes of all my organs onto my abs, pushing them further out and therefore increasing there visibility.

snoring and sleep paralysis can be signs for sleep apnea. and that means bad quality sleep.

maybe if you're a fat fuck

>ywn have a cute fit guy sleep next to you

>he doesn't into respiratory soft tissue

Greetings Shoulder Pain Brother. I had this problem too, but now I don't, and I still sleep just like that. Get a new pillow. That's right, you're a cheap bastard, like I was. There's pillows out there that will change your life. Some designed for side sleepers with shoulder problems. Yep, that specific. This class of pillow, if I could be so asinine as to ascribe classes to pillows, runs 50+ USD. Good luck, and sleep tight, get a bad ass pillow and you might make it.

what does the pillow look like?

Once I just accept the difficulty breathing I forget about it and it becomes a based lucid dream.

No fear desu

It's kashmir filled with money.

on back, no pillow

what kind of pillow is it?

Link below to several, I bought the Claritin one... and man O man... Note that I had to give up BB bench press due to shoulder pain, replaced it with DB bench press - more 'wiggle' available, changed pillows, and shoulder goodness.
bedbathandbeyond.com/store/category/bedding/bedding-basics/bed-pillows/13114/13114-4294966331-527811621-521110613-0?icid=ssPillowFinder

My shoulders grew alot and I'd kinda get uncomfortable after sleeping on it for a while. Sleeping on back is most comfortable position for me.

you mean signs of being a fat ass

Have the exact same problem. Trying to sleep on my back but can't fall asleep because it's so different than what I'm used to sleeping on my side. Usually have to give up and sleep on my side to fall asleep

>not sleeping sitting up
You're never gonna make it

Sleep posture rankings:

1. Sleeping on your back, no pillow. Best posture all around, but hyperlordosis will result if you have poor leg/hip placement.

2. Sleeping on your back, with a pillow. Generally ok, but can promote neck pain, headaches, forward head posture and humpback (thoracic kyphosis) if pillow is thick. Pillow should be no more than about an inch thick when compressed. Again, watch for hyperlordosis.

3: Side sleeping, no pillow, with your bottom arm bent and supporting your head with your hand/forarm. No real issues but requires reasonable shoulder/tricep/wrist flexibility to maintain comfortably. Hips should be aligned to keep the spine straight - pull the bottom side in to keep both of your flanks equal length.

4. Side sleeping, no pillow, with your bottom arm extended to full upen your armpit and your head resting on your bicep. No real issues but depending on head placement can reduce circulation to the arm. Again, watch your hip alignment.

5. Stomach sleeping, no pillow, facial bones resting on your hands to keep your nose from getting crushed. Neck is not neutral but could be worse. Requires reasonable upper back and neck flexibility. Hyperlordosis can be an issue if sleeping on a soft surface. Hyperlordosis can be avoided by bringing one knee up to the side at hip height.

6. Side sleeping, with a pillow, arm perpendicular to your chest. Causes slumped shoulders, caved in chest, and frequent shoulder pain. Again, watch your hip alignment.

7. Stomach sleeping, with a pillow. Very poor neck posture while suffocating yourself at the same time. Again, watch for hyperlordosis.

Well that was quite a rundown user

So? I do it on purpose for sick uvula and soft palate gainz

buy a hammock