How long did it take Veeky Forums to reach one plate OHP?

How long did it take Veeky Forums to reach one plate OHP?

Approximately 9 months. I started shoulder pressing until I was able to press the bar, which took about 2 months. Then from bar to one plate took about 7 months. I've been told I have good shoulders but 1 pl8 PHP should be achievable within one year.

The first day.

It's been a year and I've only gotten to 195 for a 1rm, so that 2 plate keeps looking further and further away.

You couldn't OHP 45 lbs at starting?

Are you a girl or somethin or am i misreading

That seems abnormally low

If so that's actually v inspiring.

I still have never been able to

Highest i ever got was 115lb for 5. Maybe after next bulk

I can bench 22kg DBs, maybe a little higher if I had higher weight.

I have no idea what that is in BB terms

Took me 2 months, started and could only do 10kg.

What is meant by one plate?
The gym i go to has plates ranging from 5kg to 20kg

135lb

45 lbs is just a bar without plates, silly.

not him but I had to start with 15lb dumbbells. could do like one rep of the bar, but it was literally my max.

each plate is 135lb or both combined is 135lb?

1 plate=45lbs
1 bar=45lbs

1 bar + 2 plates(one on each side)=135lbs

Just maxed 4 reps at 135lb. Feels good man.

Next goal is to hit 180 bench press

I kno
He said
>I started shoulder pressing until I was able to press the bar
>Then from bar to one plate took about 7 months.

Are transitions from "complete weakling who cant open a jar of pickles" to decently strong actually commonplace

Y'all makin me feel better about my 95lb bench earlier today. How long did it take you to get from 15lb DBs to 1 plate?

>Are transitions from "complete weakling who cant open a jar of pickles" to decently strong actually commonplace
^this, I had no idea fully grown males could be unable to lift 20kg over their heads

1pl8 is 20 kg on each side

I hit 100 for 3x5 on tuesday. I'll be doing 105 saturday. That took about 6 months but a lot of that was dicking around and not eating enough. In the last month it went from 70 to 100.

1 month to a 5rm of 135,
8 months so far and got 1 rep with 205.

I'm certain this is at least partially my own insecurity here, but I sincerely thought I was in the bottom 5 or 10% of men, strength-wise. I did not know there were brackets lower than the one I am currently in.

It's reassuring to know I could have it worse.

I played video games my whole life and did not participate in any sports. Started lifting as a skinny fat 150 100% no muscle skeleton man. Starting bench was the bar + 5s to and squatting the bar + 25s. I started shoulder pressing 20s while seated.

9 months later I've achieved the 1 and 3 in the 1/2/3/4 and am closing in on the 2.

That's fucking inspiring progress. post pics.

I don't have a before picture which is one of my biggest regrets, though I'll deliver a current in a second.

Around a month or two, started with 80lbs now I can do 1pl for 6 reps

Like 8 mos or summin mang

I tried to include my legs in the pic but my bathroom is too small for me to get a good shot. Currently 6'3 202 lbs and started 150 lbs lifting on SS.

When I started my caved in chest had an incredibly pronounced collarbone that rose from my body like Mt Everest. Ignore the chest/back/shoulder acne its not from steroids, its due to my shitty skin.

I got acne all over too man
I wish it were from steroids
I'm not really sure what to do about it desu. I wash often, change my pillowcase, drink water, dont drink soda and shit. Feels out of my control, so trying to focus on lifts.

At least with that, shit will get better so long as I fuckin do what im supposed to do. Acne feels like drawing straws.

Leggings don't just slip into your ass like that. She purposely flossed those leggings right up to her anus. Whore

Never, my elbows and wrists are fucked and I'm close to an heroing.

I've just got pretty bad skin genetics. Have a history of warts, eczema, and every kind of blemish you can receive.

I could be better about changing my pillowcases/shirts before bed but I figure I'll leave that for when I start lifting for aesthetics in probably another half a year.

don't remember the timeline but it's the only thing I've hit in 1/2/3/4

right now I'd be lucky to OHP a soup can since I'm recovering from a separated shoulder

I can't remember a time where I couldn't. I'm naturally very strong though.

5 months

Got 1pl8 OHP a week ago for 3 reps. Thought i could barely do 1. Few days later i hit new 265lb 120kg bench PR. Wtf i love OHPs noaw

LEL?

You literally don't look like youve ever lifted.

I'm only at 1pl OHP and not even close to 2/3/4 and I look like I actually lift.

Which means:
- you're lying
- or you have a ridiculous cns

>OHP
more like BROHP

First time I pressed was December 2016, so 3 months ago.
>30kg x2

Skip forward to 2 days ago
>60kg x5

So 3 months of pressing, but I've been lifting and benching for longer.

>Can only bench 44kg
>Can OHP 60kg after 2 months

wat

i can ohp almost the same i can benchpress and row.
is this normal? I just started 2 months ago and 've always been dyel.

You're new so all your lifts are super low, so it's fairly normal.

After 1 year you should expect to be somewhere around 1/2/3/4 which is a slightly skewed but generally standard ratio of lifts and strength

just did it today actually

2 months

>^this, I had no idea fully grown males could be unable to lift 20kg over their heads

wow it's almost as if some people go to the gym to get stronger because they're weak idiot

How the fuck are you niggers stuck at 100lb bench?

I literally jsut started a month ago and I can bench 121lbs (55kg) for 3x5. I'm 6'1 and weigh over 250lbs.

his shoulders look relatively developed faggot

he never said he looks good, just that he has 1pl8 ohp

Oh you dear dear imbecile.
1pl8 is 135lbs or 60kgs

what are you talking about

You're a big fatty. Even raising your arm overhead uses more muscular effort than those anons output during 1rm squats.
Cut these scrawny fags some slack. One of them might have pretty eyes and a slick throat.

Dude what the hell are you talking about

oh my bad i was quoting
just forgot to link

i know how much a pl8 is m8 B)

>250lbs being a big fatty

M8 i'm just fucking fat. I ain't a hamplanet.

I went to the gym for 4-5 months last year and after all that time I barely progressed to what I'm doing now, and I feel like my bench is just going to get higher from here.

This is supposed to be hard? I just started working out a few months ago. To guage my 1rm with ohp, I worked my way all the way up to 140lbs.

I'm closing in on it now (55kg for 5 atm) after starting in November as a 138lb 6' skelly. Could do 27.5kg straight away, play a lot of racket sports so maybe that's why my shoulders weren't crazy weak.

Only at a 75kg bench though. Chest muscles pls

Take one bar.
Check that it is not female bar.
On each end apply requisite plate dosage.

Enjoy.

I dont get it how can you idiots almost bench the same as OHP thats just retarded

Traps are decent, but rest of you doesn't look like 9 months of lifting. Keep going though, see where you can get to over the next few months.

Ps focus more on chest and chest accessories

see also do female bars really exist lmao

Bench and OHP directly compliment each other, you'll likely go up in both together

You can spot them immediately, you just probably never called them women bars.

It's the thinner and lighter ones, they're often also slightly shorter.
They weight 10kg instead of the standard 20 iirc

strangely, I hit 1pl8 ohp first, about a year ago now. I recently hit 3/4 for squat n dl but still wokring on 2pl8 bench, currently at 1.5pl8

1 month maybe, I started out with good upper body strength due to a shitton of push up variations before I touched a barbell.
Now I am OHP 1.5 pl8 for 1 after about 1 year of training
Problem is when people state OHP numbers you never know if theyre really strict

>2017
>still counting the bar

Not gonna make it.

Post pic

They could be young. When I was 16/17 I just hadn't reached the level of muscle that every other guy had. I could barely bench 125 despite lifting with my friends all the time and eating generally the same stuff as they did. Also you're benching half your body weight. That's piss easy for anybody who has been in a gym for more than a few weeks.

ohp 67kg x2
bench 36kg dumbells x6-8

lifting since september

Bar with 0 plates weighs 20kg.

Bar with 1 plate is 1 20kg plate on each side, so 20kg of bar + 20kg plate on the left + 20kg plate on the right.

Recently 25kg plates started to show up more, but 20kg is the agreed upon standard of what one plate means.

From the bar? 5 months. Tore my left felt when I hit 115lb the first time

what is 1/2/3/4 ?

The start of every song.

>boom

3 months

currently at 205lb 1rm

1 plate OHP, 2 Plate Bench, 3 plate Squat, 4 plate Deadlift. Pretty common standard for saying that you actually lift.

Well shit. I don't have nearly enough weight in my home gym to even bother testing that.

Go scavenging for used pl8s asap

meme

Except 4pl8 dead is near advanced level while 1pl8 ohp is barely intermediate

Only novices spout the 1234 meme. Maybe try lifting b4 posting here

He's 6'3 202 lbs. That looks exactly like I'd expect for a 1pl8 OH the Press

Benching DBs is harder. it's around 2/3 of your normal Bench

It took me a couple of month of being lazy with my training to do 1plate ohp, but it hasn't gotten much higher than that. I've been going a couple of year now and am too lazy to ohp as much as I should.

I'm at 0.9/1.5/4/4.6

Did I do something wrong?

go away t-rex

yes you are a hamplanet.

7 months for 1rm
Started off at the bar.

Vitamin D3, K2 and Zinc fixed it up for me fairly quick.

I had pretty bad facial acne at age 23, it's all but gone now except for some redness and scars.

Take 10,000 IU Vitamin D3, 500-700mg K2 MK-7 and 50mg Zinc per day.

It's not my fault.
Veeky Forums trolled me into doing only legs for 3 years.

Why did you ever listen to anyone in this shithole?
I have invested considerable amount of time on like 7 boards on Veeky Forums and I can safely say that Veeky Forums is the worst

Samefagging this hard

underrated made me spit cottage cheese all over my monitor

>look at me look at meee loooook at meeeeeee

This generation can die.

I want to thank all of you in this thread. You make my max lifts seem godlike.

>Recently 25kg plates started to show up more

They've been a thing for decades you dumb dumb.

Dude. You're 6'1 and 250. You should be moving some weight just because you always do.
I'm 5'11" ( I lie and say 6. It makes life easier.), and 165 and don't even lift, but I could pump out sets at 140 the last time I tried, but I work outside. It's all about what you make your body do.

Bout 4 months after I started pressing, but I had done other shoulder work before then.

ATM I can press over my bodyweight 180@170 but I can't even bench 2 plates. Rip I guess

>being fat helps with bench press

Mildly, typical DB is 15% less than BB for chest press. That still doesn't explain why the fuck he's able to press more than he can bench, let alone by so much.

My baby don't mess around because she loves me so

Being fat helps with moving things.
Surely he uses his arms in a pushing motion to roll over while he sleeps.

>0.9/1.5/4/4.6

2 years on a 2 year cut
Progression on a cut sucks monkeyballs

Hey bro i used to have absolute shit elbows and wrists. Do mobility work for both. Do 10x10 full ROM band pushdowns and curls with the lightest band as a warmup for elbows. Look up a youtube video about wrist mobility work. Dont kys, I was stuck at a 135 bench because of my wrists and elbows and now 3 monts later im pushing 200 qith no pain.

I've gotten up to around 1pl8 OHP multiple times, only to get the same wrist injury and be unable to lift any more due to pain

I'm going to the doctor about it soon

Looking joocy brah. Congrats.

braaaaaaap