Is it worth it to start drinking? I don't right now, but I feel like I might start...

Is it worth it to start drinking? I don't right now, but I feel like I might start. There's 2 things that make me hesitant though:
1. It's hard on your system. The times I have been drinking, I'm really dehydrated the next day no matter how much water I slam.
2. I don't want to become some dead inside, life-hating, counting-down-the-minutes-until-they-can-go-get-drunk loser.
What advice would you give me?

Why the hell would you start drinking?

1: drink water while you drink. I regularly take 5 or so shots worth of liquor before the gym and drink a fuck ton of water at the gym and feel fine after
2: stay hammered all day and you'll never have to wait to get drunk

If you want to experience unique flavors? Go for it. If you just want to get drunk, dont.

Don't do it user. It starts out with some pints with the m8s and spirals into shooting heroin into your neck. Alcohol, not even once bro

you sound like a pussy

don't do anything faggot

I feel like I'm missing out. People know me as the guy who doesn't drink, so they're less likely to say "hey, want to go to this cool bar with me later?" Or maybe if I'm having a nice dinner with a girl, the experience might be a little better with some wine. That type of thing.

Casual drinks are fine. A glass of wine or a single mixer isn't going to hurt anybody. Best to keep it at that if you want to be healthy for life. What's confusing about your post it that you make it sound like you have to train to down a god damn beer. This isn't squats nigga.

just go out for beers or a few cocktails dude, you dont have to blackout every night

What if it's a night out with some friends, though? Should I do like a three drink limit, or what?

Drink what you can handle. Prob not more than 3 or 4 at the most. It sounds like your new, so 1-2 units might be more your speed.

Don't drink. It's great for a while, but it will ruin your life once it becomes an addiction.

Just drink in moderation or not too many nights a week/month. I get slammed about once a week (10-20 beers). A few years ago I was drinking probably 3 nights a week (drunk). It's expensive, you're worthless the next day and it used to make me depressed desu. So just slow it down.

Me again, reading on fit about drinking always makes me realise how socially accepted heavy drinking is in my country, damn. I live in Belgium and most people I know got permission to drink their first few Beers at like 12. I think we even got one beer graduating from primary school (age 12). Really fucked up, gives such a wrong signal to kids

>he wants to drink the liquid jew

what the F U C K you massive DYEL faglord

you will never make it, you have been jewed

kys, saged

My cores been going to shit because bulkan but can I get away with 1-2 beers after work if I work out hard? Its more a social necessity at this point since the other guys at work usually stick around after and talk/drink a beer before leaving

Trying to avoid beer belly,

If you have self control, then great, go for a drink. But if you end up on the other end and get a taste for it, then good luck because it's a bitch to get back to normal. Problem is that you generally won't know your in the shit until it's too late.

>Beer
>Jews
What?

>c-cap yourself at 1-2 beers you should be drunky face enough

have none of you cucks been in college

>falling for the college meme

How does it feel to have your life destroyed by "debt"?

The only people who drink are tryhard fags who wanna try and be "manly" when in reality it's a childish hipster thing to do. "Hey let me drink this stuff that taste like shit and lose control of myself look guys I'm so cool wow lol I'm so fun" autistic. Many of those fags say "oh I drink lagers but they're an acquired taste, I'm so special" literally force themselves to drink disgusting waster in order to fit in with their tryhard friends. Most have no personality whatsoever so they have to get drunk and be around drunk people to have a good time and when you refuse to drink they say you're lame or boring because you don't wanna slur words about how you hate society now and how much of a cultured cuck you are. "Hey let me fuck my liver up by drinking literal poison. Maybe I'll inhale toxic smoke which has many carcinogens in order to seem hip" literally 99% of college age faggots. Fuck them and their tryhard demeanor.

I Drank excessively for about twelve years. I know that the people that drink sometimes seem like they are having more fun but, you can be just as outgoing as them without booze.

Go to a party that lasts until about 4 am and if you stay sober and watch people they really just stumble around smoking cigarettes and start fighting at what is actually just a normal conversation and confusion.

If you do end up drinking heavily your teeth and skin are going to start getting all fucked up really slowly and you're not going to notice it for years until it starts to become more prevalent.

You'll have to learn to seduce people with charm and confidence at that point.

It also slowly fucks up your heart, liver, and kidneys too. Not to mention anxiety and such which again you won't notice as it happens slowly

After about 7 years of heavy drinking you could start to experience things like psychosis and shit. Good ole DUI's and bar fights.

I know some of those things sound fun but when you have to cough up 30,000 dollars for a DUI or 12,000 to pay some medical bill for getting drunk and jumping off a balcony. I think your better off just consciously altering youself and personality to get the things you want out of life.

>twelve years

News flash, you will never make it you fucking faggot, you have been jewed

/r9k/ awaits you, lone faggot

it's a /pol/ tard thing

Moderator here, this statement is not comprehensible by any individual whose primary language is English. Please go to an image board of your native language.

I understood it fine.

Too blacked to understand proper english?

Not suprised, goy.

I can't enjoy alcohol anymore. I have 3 stages of drunk.
>not drunk enough 2 hours
>ayy feelin good 45 minutes
>depression next 24-48 hours
took me a while to realize i dont like this
now on will probably just drink like 3-4 and smoke a small joint

Shut up drug addict. I hope you die alone in an empty warehouse.

fucking kek'd, thanks

You're welcome

i drink and smoke intermittently, have throughout uni and i have really mixed feelings about it because
>giant corporation and govt take my money by relentlessly advertising and glamourising highly addictive poison that makes me hate myself afterwards
but
>i do actually really enjoy it, some of my best moments have been drunk and on a niccy rush
also most of what said was fucking retarded but he's right that peer pressure is a problem, even my super close non-fuckhead friends wanna get drunk and wanna encourage me to as well which ends up in me turning down invitations to stuff pretty often. so in a weird way my efforts to improve myself have made me feel like a bigger cave-dwelling autist than ever some evenings, but eh i guess that's the price you pay

Don't fucking do it it's not worth it. Alcoholism is SOOOO bad.

T. alcoholic

Everything I said is true. Fight me bitchboy.

100% this, people can't seem to distinguish the feeling of an alcohol come up and actually being drunk. there's that gorgeous buzz early in the night where you feel fucking great and have all this energy, and as the night goes on and it wears off you think
>huh, i wish i was still buzzing, better have another drink or two
and instead of getting the buzz back you don't feel any better, you just lose more and more control. only managed to figure this out in my second year of uni and i feel like most people my age (23) still don't get it.