What's your resting heart rate, Veeky Forums? Last I checked mine was 54 beats per minute

What's your resting heart rate, Veeky Forums? Last I checked mine was 54 beats per minute.

Lowest I've ever got it to was 43 bpm. RIght now It's sitting at around 48-50.

About 48, use to be around 42 when I was running 50 miles a week.

mine is 60

>tfw 85
>sweating_pepe.jpg

should I be worried

also how do I bring it down

I'm the same.... fuck, is that an indicator of general fitness?

I'm back. Umad brah?

Not sure how I should get it down, I ride my bike 4 miles every day.

>high school, 16 years old
>decided to stop being an inactive fat fuck and get Veeky Forums at local rec center gym
>was vain, so focused on losing weight
>was not educated and focused on cardio to try to lose said weight
>still did lift weights but always did 30 min cardio before
>lost a lot of noticeable weight
>get kidney stone from dehydration (had them my whole life) and I'm in hospital
>doctor says my heart rate is really low, says I'm either an athlete or I have a problem
>tell her I do go to the gym and run on the treadmill
>he confirms that must be it
>mfw I was still a bit chunky but all I did was a little bit of interval training for a couple of months and had a heart rate of 45 or so
>stop working out like at like 17 after much good progress
>smoke weed err day
God knows.

yes and cardio

>25, scared to drive, too autistic for public transport

Mines 60-65 and I run marathons. Does this mean I can get even better or am I just fucked?

Was around a 100 back when I was drinking and smoking everydy. Alcoholism is a cunt.

Now its at 58-60 when I'm chilling in bed, 70 when I'm at work. I'm not even Veeky Forums yet, getting better, but still got 30kg of fat to lose

do you have a stressful job/life?

i, wash dishes, walk, lift, plan meals, browse Veeky Forums, play RPGs and feed my cat

>91
Fuck

187 bpm

Yeah I'm an infantry marine and drink 6-8 cups of coffee a day

It was 54 last time I checked, last month or so, I checked again just now and its 60.

I blame stress, lately I can't stay asleep more than 4-6 hours and its killing me

88 last time I checked

See a doctor, you all have bradycardia.

No

guess how i still know you're in med school

60-100 is for normies

120/50
Play basketball 4days a week and gym 5days

Same. I have a Fitbit and I'm 48.

> God tier sub 50 resting heart rate feels good yo.

>tfw have Microcytic anaemia
>tfw my Hemoglobin count is low due to said anemia
>tfw my heart has to pump harder faster stronger in order to supply enough oxygen to every body part because retarded blood
>tfw my resting heart rate will never go below 65/70 due to this even though have an healthy Veeky Forums regime

RHR is usually 60-100, but if you do a lot of cardio then it's okay for it to be that low. It's only dangerous if the situation calls for it, like they're bleeding out, or are like 70 years old.

Technically true but not nessecarily an issue.

I measured mine at 44 a few years ago on my gran's hr monitor. Enlarged heart? High stroke volume ? Hard to say but I have never noticed any issue

I measure my heart rate when i wake up before getting out of bed. This is usually a bit lower than what I'd get if I went lying down later in the day and definitely higher that what I get sitting down.

I haven't been able to get a clear picture of what the standard way of measuring resting heart rate is. Some sources say just to measure whenever but to take a few hours to recover from any exercise and be lying down. Some allow being seated. Some sources say to do it before getting out of bed in the morning. It seems even the researchers haven't given a single unambiguous definition to what a "resting heart rate" is. Some define it as the average of the heart rate during sleep.

Reminder that Whitney Thore has a resting heart rate of 120 BPM.

70 at my lowest but usually in the 90s because of weed

60-62 right now, though it's been around 52 when I was running more.

Just checked and it was 59. Used to be 75-80 when I smoked

>half of Veeky Forums doesn't even do cardio
>entire thread filled with people claiming better resting heart rates than Olympic athletes

hmm...

Congratulations. You have the heart of a 45 year old bus driver.

>used to be fat with 80-90 resting heart rate
>start lifting and lose 45 lbs
>resting heart rate now 60-70
not terribly great but it feels good now not having my heart thumping constantly

>certain threads attract certain people
wow who would have guessed

no one. the guy u replied to is right

Low to mid 40s on most days because I'm actually healthy unlike you fat, permanently bulking retards who have useless physiques.

Or a bunch of people are just e-statting, which is standard practice for Veeky Forums.

See also: height/penis size/PR threads.

>70bpm
>on my second cup of coffee

thank mr skeltal

80 but i took pseudo and drank 2 cups of coffee. i should still probably do more cardio

were you inspired by christian bale in the machinist? your arm looks absolutely atrocious and i can only imagine your body resembles pic related

Right at 60

that's not impressive considering your heart only has to pump like a gallon of blood to your entire, corpse-like body

Kek

120/69
I do long distance running, I don't really get how you guys get it down to 40

Strength training also causes the beneficial heart hypertrophy that's responsible for the low heart rates of athletes. So it's not surprising actually.

Last I checked it was sitting at 60.

It's probably a lot lower now that I've started boxing.

someone with an arm like that can't be healthy

200/4

>go to ER due to a problem with my gallbladder
>nurse says my heart rate is pretty low (it was like 62)
>tells me it's pretty low because I work out (she could tell)
Interesting mirin' story right here.

oh boy I knew my heartrate was high but I didn't know it's was this bad. (100 as measured by a shitty phone app)

>needing an app to tell you what HR you're at
Are americans really this stupid?

Why not if you have the technology? I'm sure most people who care about heart rate knows how to measure it without technology.

Yes, it is. People with perfect genetics who have been training since children don't have RHR in the 40-50 range. Just for reference 18-year-old Olympic athletes have heart rates in the range of 49-55, but a bunch Veeky Forumsizens beat them.

not an issue if youre fit and not old

I provided proof. I run and lift. Don't run much about 5k a week. 26 yo and recently quit tobacco.
My rhr bounces between 50 and 55 since I quit using tobacco.

>Doctor sees my blood pressure and asks if I'm an athlete
It felt good.

Went from 95 to around 65 over the last year.
BP went from 140/95 to 115/65.

Don't do cardio still smoke, so I guess there is room for improvement.
Dropped 25kg of lard, put on some muscle, started doing farm work and try to eat much less junk.

About 60. I jog 3k 3x a week, working my way up to 5k.

you can't tell shit from blood pressure as far as i know

50 seen it as low as 43 after just waking up
I run 30-50 K a week

I think I have a plausible explanation for that. Elite athletes are training constantly. Most likely any randomly chosen time won't be one where they are peak performance because at elite levels training cycles are months long. Meaning that any such time will be one where their body is still fatigued from training. It feels plausible to me that when they have yet to reach the point in their cycle where they are fully recovered their RHR will be higher than than what it would be when they are at peak performance.

I edited a graph from Practical Programming to illustrate my idea.

That's blood pressure, you tard.

At least its decent, so no stroke for you. Probably.

Varies from mid low 60s to the 70s depending on who knows what.

Like 80-90. With fairly low blood pressure.

Just measured mine now, it's at 52 bpm.

Is lower = better?

It's an indicator that you've developed athletic heart syndrome (a benign condition).

Lowest I've seen was 39. It didn't stay that low for long. After a good night of sleep low 50s is typical.

Currently, as I haven't eaten properly and am unwell it's at 72. Deep breathing brings it down.

Yes, 0 BPM is the best you can get.

Ah yes the resting heart rate thread, where anons try to one up each other by listing lower and lower numbers until we're all legally dead....

Nigga my heartrate is -3

Mid 50s, what exactly is a good resting heart-rate? I've heard in the 40s is too low and above 80 is bad.

60-100 is medically normal and no cause for concern if everything else is in order.

Unless you're a >muh billion beats faggot who believes that spurious correlation a higher resting heart rate doesn't mean you're ill.

So does that mean a sub 60 HR is "bad"?

Not if it's caused by exercise.

IF you don't work out. But if you do, a lot, then no it isn't bad.

There are both harmful and benign conditions that cause low heart rate. Being young and exercising a lot or just exercising a lot is considered enough evidence to rule out any harmful conditions as unlikely. Otherwise, other explanations for the low heart rate would be considered and they would be mostly things that pose a threat to health.