Do you think the stronger you are at the lower bodyweight possible the most beneficial its for boxing ?

Do you think the stronger you are at the lower bodyweight possible the most beneficial its for boxing ?

For example you weight 65 kg but you can curl/bench/squat insane amounts of weight

Would that make you hit harder or take better shots ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6VsAhEugnsc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I know boxing is about skills, but having a ultra strenght to bw ratio wouldnt help ?

Punching power is about leverages not strenght

Not really

Yes really

Explain me

Yes really

There are dozens of factors to a hard punch, strength is just one and it isn't nearly the most important

What a stupid question OP.

What do YOU think?

It's irrelevant. Boxing is about technique, not strength. Strength and explosive power is important for NOGI grappling/freestyle wrestling though.

What all are of these factors ?

I think strenght matters only if its poundx pound

The stronger you are at the lower weight the higher the advantage, thats what i think i may be wrong

Momentum
Mass
Accuracy
Timing
Speed
Angle
Leverage
Power transfer

Benching/squatting/deadlifting do not train any of these in relation to a punch

Etc

Of course it helps, even if you get bigger it doesn't hurt your ability, besides that fact that you face bigger people. Just look at Holyfield

A lot of the things in boxing are genetic. Chin and punching power are two of them. If you build muscle you will punch harder, and if you work your neck your chin will improve, but there's only so much you can do.

There's huge guys out there with pillow hands, and there's smaller guys out there who hit like trucks. The kinesiology is just right for their proportions.

That being said, boxers cut ridiculous amounts of weight to fight, so yeah, stronger and smaller is ideal until you hit heavyweight, then bigger is better unfortunately

LOL

Then if its about technique and not strenght

Why theres no mixed boxing ?

More muscle requires better cardio to maintain. Extremely muscular, which you would need to be so strong, fighters always gas earlier

How does the power transfer works ?

What body leverages help to hit harder ?

Wide clavicles or short ones

Short or long arms ?

Wat?

Thats right, but who needs cardio if you KO your opponent in few seconds with brute strenght and power ?

How do i know i have a strong chin ?

Because women are physically inferior to men in fighting by many, many criteria.

Power comes from the floor up. Somebody who engages more muscles to transfer power from their big toe through to their hand upon impact will hit harder than someone who doesn't.

Longer limbs generally provide more potentional for harder punches due to physics. Your hands just make the contact in boxing, 99% of the work is done through the rest of your body.

My arms would get fucking tired hitting the way I see some guys do, they must be able to do hundreds of pressups in a row or some shit lol

Boxing and lifting are two completely different things. The only common ground they share are plyometrics.

Boxing and lifting are literally not comparable.

What if you don't

Still need to land the punch. Better cardio increases chances of that one special punch to change the fight.

That's what I used to tell myself during 4am roadwork anyway

So a long limbs person will have advantage on punching power ?

I read somewhere than narrow clavicles and big wrists help to hit harder as well

Go to youtube and look for the greatest punchers in boxing history and see what they look like.

In boxing that's not likely to happen. Knocking people out quickly when they're skilled top level boxers is almost impossible. Only the absolute elite in their prime and with natural power could ever do that. Foreman vs. Frazier and Tyson vs. a whole lot of people for example. 99.99% of the times it's just not possible.

If you had two identical dudes but one had an inch longer arms, and you measured both their power output, then yes I'd expect the longer armed fighter to produce more force.

Spar. You'll find out on your first fight when you take your first 1-2 to the jaw

>How do i know i have a strong chin ?
Step into the ring and do some sparring. If you find yourself getting rocked too easily, do some exercises that reinforce your neck.

& learn to roll with a punch

Why do you care about punching power so much? You don't need much power to knock even a tough guy out. You need to land a precise hit on his chin to make dat concussion happen.

Do you think a slim narrow clavicles dude with long arms and legs and high sttenght to bw ratio would excel at boxing ?

Like a strong as fuck ecto

Thomas hearns

I got it, only freaks of nature would be able to do that

>curl, bench, squat
the three main lifts

Shavers, they said that wherever he landed a punch, you'd never grow hair on that spot again

youtube.com/watch?v=6VsAhEugnsc

Strength isn't always the best indicator of punching power. Timothy Bradley is notoriously pillow-fisted, but is absolutely fucking shredded, and apparently quite physically strong.

Bryant Jennings is another example of a boxer who is definitely physically strong, but doesn't have any particular punching power.

There are still advantages to being bigger. For one, you can typically take a smaller punch better. Height is another issue, Klitschko vs. Pacquiao would be ridiculous for just that reason. Bigger boxers can tire smaller boxers in the clinch, that's an issue especially at Heavy Weight. It's not all about power, there are other factors.

A great deal of punching power comes from your hips rotation explosiveness

Almost no lifter ever trains rotational strength

Do your russian twists, your landmine 180 explosive way and you will hit harder for certain