am fat

> am fat
Should I cut weight by have a low caloric intake and no carbs or just dive into working out?
If the first, should I just jump down to 1500 right away?
Pic related to my problems.

how fat are you
how tall are you (don't lie)

start by fucking eating less. and cutting the terrible shit out of your diet. start the easy way and just count calories. when you can do that, then start cherry picking things OUT of your normal diet.

Depends on how much you want.

One day I just woke up and just didn't want to be fat anymore.
That was it, it was all it took for me to stop being a lardass.

I'm 278 and I'm 6'1.

pretty average dude, i'm the same height, but at 248. if you're not older than 40, just stick to eating 2000 calories per day. 7 days a week. watch what happens to you in a month's time.

Just fix your diet man

I'm 6'4 and went from 300+ down to 235 in 6 months just by eating healthy and slightly working out.

If you want lower (which you will), cardio and calorie counting will further your progress

Source: Me. Ex-Lardass

Well, I have two years to get in shape... I can't just "get in shape", I have to be the best of the best in this time.

>126kg
>pretty average

The fuck

The problem I have with cardio is that I'm flat footed, running hurts like hell, especially long distance.

Bro. Same user here. Literally the same.

I have some flat ass feet (and I make them do fart noises on my tile floors. kinda fun desu)

Don't run then. Walk a lot more and bike when you can. That's what I do.
I wanna get into swimming as well.

Also, invest in some expensive arch supports. They hurt at first but do absolute wonders after the first week or so.

Man, I've tried arch support all my life, I played soccer for 11 years, but none of that shit worked. I've been to the hospital and had X-Rays done and the only thing they could say is that I had to loose weight.

Im 6'1" and 178 lbs is that low then?

i meant average height, sorry

counting calories isn't as important as watching where you're getting your calories. I am 6'2 and I was at >30% body fat, and I managed my portions and started cooking extremely healthy. If you can find a diet that works for you, that's great, but just make sure you're eating good. I took a lot of pointers from the paleo diet when starting out.

As far as the gym goes, you can start pretty easy. I did, I started with just doing cardio 3-5 times a week. Once I really started noticing the difference, I started getting more intense at the gym. I'm looking better every day, and I never counted a single calorie.

what are you training for. that will change what you should do

most people that end up in this situation don't know how to eat well. that's why starting off with something number based while also hopefully aiming for cleaner foods is a good base to start, then he can hone in on macros and the sort. i'd rather tell the guy, hey, eat 2000 calories before hey, don't eat any dairy, WELP, SEE YA LATER!

I'm training for the Air Force, I want to meet the Warhawk, but I doubt I could meet the weight requirements, my physical build is made up of shoulders as wide as doorways.

this is exactly me

in 9 months dropped 40 pounds (net while gaining ~8-10 pounds of muscle maybe) by portion control, cutting junk food, and hitting the gym every other day with cardio and weights

5-6 inches off my waist line

another inch or two to go = ~15 pounds of fat

going to the gym in 20 minutes, I enjoy exercise

Eat between 2500-2000 calories, cut out all sugary shit like candy soda. Eat clean like rice and chicken. Also don't cut out carbs completely you will feel like absolute shit. Have like idk 200 grams protien + 200 grams carbs that's like 1600 calories and maybe an extra 60 grams fat l. All in all that totals 2000 calories and if you get them from health foods they will fill you up. Since you are 270 lb you will lose weight fast on 2000 calories. Like if you avoid too much salt, probably like 4-6 lb a week until you hit 220ish.

For lifting I'd say just go to the gym and make it a routine. You can build muscle and lose fat if you're a newbie. If you want you can follow a program and once you know what you are doing you can do your own programming. At minimum you should hit the gym 3 times a week and train full body. That means no skipping leg day. OHP, Bench, Squat and deadlift are the four lifts you want to get strong at. You can also do extra stuff on top of it.

If you lift consistently and stay on top of your diet you will see huge changes in 3 months time. I'd recommend getting an app like myfitnesspal to track all your food and also get a good scale so you measure your food accurately.

Be consistent. Don't give up. We're all gonna make it brahh.

Wrong.

Both? Why even bother asking, you know the answer, stop procrastinating.

My route right now is just cut at 1500 calories then set all cardio machines to have your weight at 180 add the calories from cardio to your daily output