Since our bodies can only use 30 grams of protein an hour is it pointless to eat huge protein filled meals since it...

Since our bodies can only use 30 grams of protein an hour is it pointless to eat huge protein filled meals since it will just be wasted?

Where'd you hear that?

>our bodies can only use 30 grams of protein an hour

Explain how people that eat only once or twice a day can still be big.

Just because you can only utilize protein at a given rate doesn't mean the rest of it is wasted.

Digestive slowing and circulation is a thing.

They cant and obviously have other meals throughout the day and don't admit it

you're fake news

this was the post i was looking for. it would be awesome if making uninformed posts was a bannable offense.

I've always heard this too but I sometimes have 35 or 40g per meal and I still make gains

Your small intense can digest 30 grams of protein per hour, but the larger the meal, the more periodized the chyme digestion, absorption, and movement gets. For large meals, it can stay in the stomach for hours until the small intestine can digest more.

Bear in mind for a healthy digestive system it takes about 8-12 hours to make it through the intestines. So if this 30g/hr is true, which I've heard too, then you aren't limited to just 30g since you have hours for your body to utilise more protein dense meals.

Beat me to it.

1/10

so basically I should be eating 240g of protein every 8 hours?

Nobody should ever eat 240g of protein I'm a day let alone 8 hours lmao, if you're 240lbs you don't need more than 120g a day to make gains

I thought you need your body weight in g's of protein, Have I been falling for a meme?

if you are on roids, go ahead. Otherwise, 0.7g/lb of body weight is the golden number imo.

>your body weight in g's of protein
it's meant to be lean body mass

This

a 180lbs person doesn't need more than 100g a day

There is no evidence your body has a limit on protein within a short time frame

You uneducated shitposting faggot

LOL the protein powder companies trolled you good brah

sheeeiitttt

My car uses 1 gallon of fuel an hour, why should I put more fuel in it?

>tfw ive been eating 200g of protein a day and stressing when i only make 150

it was all for nothing what the fuck

his mom heard it on oprah

>it would be awesome if trolling was bannable

kys

i always ate 150g of protein when i was bulking and then i switched to around 80 for 5 months and the progress was pretty much the same

Well if you made no progress on more...less isn't going to help

No, food stays in your stomach for 15 mins - ~6 hours and then it goes through the small intestine in 4 hours and stays in the large intestine for 2-12 hours normally. The absorption from the large intestine is quite little and the small intestine (4 hours) matters the most. Your stomach lets food pass into the small intestine in small bits, though.

Your timings were just momscience that was all

i was making steady progress on both. i'm tempted to try around 60-70 protein and see how low i can actually go before i notice it

Human body is perfectly designed to absorb the maximum number of calories and nutrients from food. No way in hell it's going to "waste" any protein over 30 grams.

My timings were off then it seems, thanks for clearing it up. Point seems to remain regardless of my fucked timings that you can eat more than 30g because your body can still make use of it.