What was game changing moment for you as a newbie in lifting, Veeky Forums ?

what was game changing moment for you as a newbie in lifting, Veeky Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

mangahere.co/manga/danberu_nan_kiro_moteru/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

finally being able to press the bar for 5x5

being complimented

realizing that the gym doesnt have to be a dungeon where you torture yourself and hate training and hate yourself for deiting.
you can just have fun and still make it

bench 2 plate.

a gay guy felt my biceps

actually going to the gym instead of doing push-ups and pull-ups at home for months.

>when i started 2pl8 bench seemed so retardedly high it was a 'joke goal' between me and my friend
>actually get 2pl8x5
>still look dyel

same senpai

reading the sticky

That no amount of lifting will ever get me a gf

Learning about eating
Still half assing it, but now educated half assing and good progress

Do guys find op's body type attractive? That is, inverted triangle females.

Dropping Starting Strength.

The game ain't changed, but the game done changed me.

Realizing I was gay

Name?

rhonda rousey

well said bre

idk, some russian girl from vk

Do.. some guy's not find that attractive..?

Becoming bigger than someone you thought was big when you started.

Noticing photoshopped thigh gaps.

this tbqh

Switched to an upper/lower split, 4 days a week (not set days, just go every other day). Never looking back.

When I started eating more.

realising that a 12 week test e cycle is cheaper than 12 weeks worth of meme supplements

Jackpot

unironically, after realising Veeky Forums and misc don't really know what they're talking about in regards to 90% of fitness shit.

realising listening to Veeky Forums in regards to programs and focusing strength training had created significant imbalances in my physique that would take ~years~ (literally years) to remedy.

realising you can attain amazing strength & aesthetic gains just following a hybrid program incorporating both hypertrophy and powerlifting instead of dogmatically adhering to one.

realising to disregard the majority of pseudo-science on here about hormones, fasting, refeeds, and "tricky shit".

dropping squats & substituting in safer lifts to maintain longevity and prevent injury.

incorporating "pre-hab" training.

growing out of the teenager/early 20s phase of your gym training where you're training for the wrong reasons.

>finding a hot girl mirin'
For the first time in my life I felt I could score without the enormous effort that usually takes for me

>"powerlifting"
>no squats
So you're weak and you look like you never touched a weight.

naw, i got extremely strong never doing squats, in fact i'd argue squats are entirely irrelevant unless you're training SPECIFICALLY to powerlift in competition.

i mean for years i was deadlifting > 6 plates

benching => 4 plates

close grip benching ~3 plates

power cleaning & pressing > 2 plates

power snatching ~2 plates

military pressing > 2 plates

this would vary as my training intensity/weight fluctuated as work would cause me to lose weight and that translates to - strength.

i never once did squats as anything more than an accessory by using bench squats to boost my power out of the hole.

Jesus fuck I'm trying to have a no-fap here

What
>meme supplements
are we talking here?

I need to know

I never understood this. I thought if i actually hit the 1/2/3/4 on the lifts i wouldn't look DYEL but after a year and 2 months I still look relatively the same just wait a bit less fat

>gym
>not dungeon
may I guess, are you one of those faggots lifting in lady fitness centers with windows and stuff instead of classic medieval bastion?

hhhhhnnnnnnnggggggg

I was so clueless when I started it's honestly unparalleled. I didn't know any routines and really anything about fitness or gym etiquette and did the same 3-4 dumbbell arm exercises for months.

When I finally picked a routine and squatted for the first time I changed instantly. I'm 1 year 3 months in and liftin 1/2/3.5 pl8s and it makes me wonder just how much further ahead I'd be had I started training properly from the start.

But yeah, picking a routine and fixing my diet- seems obvious but I was clueless about even that.

>inverted triangle
You mean a triangle?

>1/2/3/4
What does 1/2/3/4 means?
I'm not trolling or anything. I'm new on Veeky Forums.
Thanks.

Coming to Veeky Forums

1pl8 (60kg) OHP
2pl8 (100kg) Bench
3pl8 (140kg) Squat
4pl8 (180kg) DL

Manning up and doing a cycle

Thank you, breh. Have this.

Form is everything, flexibility is crucial, balance in pushing/pulling motions

Can you further explain the numbers?
What is a "plate"
Is the first number a plate? But if you have only 1 then wouldn't the bar be unbalanced?
Is the second number the amount of reps you do?
What is DL?

the moment I realized the best way to get aesthetic was to do starting strength and eat 4000 calories a day.

I spent months thinking certainly working out 5-6 times a week doing hypertrophy rep ranges would equal better aesthetics than 3 times a week just 3x5 a few times. But I was wrong.

The first time I benched 3 reps of 225

The obvious. Discovering Veeky Forums

1 pl8 means putting a single 45lb plate on either side of a 45lb bar for a total of 135lbs.

what do you do instead of squats?

Ok. What's the 8? 8 reps?

stop it

I really don't know.
I'm making a life style change and ready to get fit and this is filling in some basic info.
You can either be a positive contributor to my new beginning or you can be a memer.

im 0.5/2/2/3

How fucked am i, seriously?

bro i used to date a thick asian, best sex i've ever had. used to fuck her in ass and i'd feel her ass sucking the cum outa my dick.

need another one.

pl8 sounds like plate when you read it out loud. I normally don't say this, but go read the fucking sticky dude, and before you ask what that is, it's the top thread on the front page of Veeky Forums.

pl8 = "pl eight" = "plate"

>0.5/2
I'd be fine with that

>tfw something like 1/1.25

It's because it's related to your bodyweight

100kg is almost 1.5-1.6x bodyweight for some guys and it won't make you dyel

But if 100kg is 1.2 or 1.3 your bodyweight, you have to get more

Reading the Veeky Forums sticky. No, really.

>lifting for 8 months
>32.5kg ohp

When I realized how linear progression worked and that my training weight for 5 reps was not supposed to be my actual 100% rep max.

When I realized that if I ate more I recovered better and my body didn't actually seem to mind that much and didn't store much fat as long as I didn't abuse shit like flour and sugar.

When I started squatting.

You probably actually look pretty decent (assuming you aren't fat), but browsing Veeky Forums for so long has given you body dysmorphia.

If you're really wanting to improve yourself and get good, non-meme, beginner-friendly information to help yourself do that, you should just read the sticky and never fucking return to Veeky Forums. Unless you want to try to decipher the endless SS is a meme/ SS is a meme is a meme/ SS is a meme is a meme is a meme cycle,

pretty fucked.

Your bench is better than mine but that fact that your squat is the same is fucking pathetic. Also how can you only OHP 90lbs if you can bench 225? That makes no fucking sense unless you're doing like 1/8 ROM.

>lifting for a year now
>finally able to ohp the bar for 5x5

Some guy spotted me on my lmao 1 pl8 bench that I was about to fail. Next week he saw me doing 15lb weighted pull ups and mired hard. Not much but to me I felt great for the whole work out

whem i noticed my wrists getting thicker

mangahere.co/manga/danberu_nan_kiro_moteru/
Turned my life around.

Probably after breaking up with my last girlfriend, I went to the gym rather than eating an entire pizza like I would've normally. Lifting turned from something I forced myself to do to something I did to make myself feel better. Couple months later I meant this nice cardiobunny there and he's been cool as fuck to be with since.
>mfw I realize I'm gonna make it
I don't think there's a feeling like it in the world.

Getting a squat plug

>what was game changing moment for you as a newbie in lifting, Veeky Forums ?
Taking time off actually knowing my 1RMs and doing just a fucking ton of volume with what was previously 70%.

Then just went in on a bad day, didn't feel like getting tired, so I went for a powerlifting 1RM + OHP and found out I increased my total by 70kg in 3 months and pressed 95kg over head, while being 96kg.

>broke up with GF
>met this cardio bunny
>he's been cool as fuck
>he's been cool
>he's
>he

So you're gay now.

>maintaining her balance even though the bar is way behind the middle of her foot

what are physics

Gaining defined jaw!

When you stop lifting for your ego and realize nobody gives a shit about how much weight you are pushing when you are small, and nobody cares how much weight you are pushing when you are big. Also, when you realize diet really does matter and eating clean is just as important as eating enough.

post pic pls

>Food and sleep
>benching and squatting 2x a week
>doing texas method
>do a fuckton of dips for bench
>figuring out accessories in general

what if i try and drown myself would she come to my rescue and give me CPR?

>those cold, dead eyes

My dude a couple of things:
Get some more sleep, or water, or something. Those bags under your eyes make you look creepy.

Get a nose hair trimmer

Do...something about that upper lip. Open your mouth a little? Grow a mustache? I don't know, but it's a thin lip and creeps me out.

sh-show routine

Holy shit, I agree with you on the moustache thing, if he grows a moustache he would look like Bob from Bob's burgers.