Is this ok?
>monday curls/triceps
>tuesday: heavy db OHP1x5, light db OHP5x15, rack pulls 1x12
>wednesday: single arm dumbell rows 6x 5, chinups 1xf, benchpress 3x6
>thursday: heavy db OHP 5x6, lat delt raise 3x10, rack pulls 1x12
>friday: rest cause i didnt feel like lifting
>saturday: powercleans 3x10, db row 6x5, heavier db row 1x6
>sunday: light db OHP 3x12, lat delt 3x12

I don't have consistency. Sometimes i only lift 3 times per week, sometimes only 2. I try to do OHP, rows and rack pulls as much as possible as i want bigger lats and bigger shoulders. If i train 2 times a week i try 1 workout to be shoulders, chest and arms and the other legs and back.

I use progressive resistance.
My last set is as many reps as possible. If i can't add weight i try to atleast add 1 more rep.

Rate /10.

Other urls found in this thread:

jmaxfitness.com/blog/daily-undulating-periodization/
aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-foam-roller.html?spm=2114.01010208.0.0.BXEtSD&site=glo&groupsort=1&SearchText=foam roller&g=y&SortType=price_asc&initiative_id=SB_20170305162338&needQuery=n&isFreeShip=y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what's more important, lifting or cardio?

Is SL, PHUL, PHAT and 6 days PPL a good long term progression?

Depends on what your goals are. If you want to be stronger/bigger lifting is best, if you want endurance then cardio is. If you want to be lean just get your diet in check.

Why is Veeky Forums so slow nowadays compared to 2012/13? Where did the people go?

>No vikings image
Into the trash it goes.

Depends on your training advancement and goals.

If you're going from sedentary to working out for the first time, lifting will have just as much of a conditioning effect as running AND it will make you stronger.

If you're an intermediate lifter training for general health and fitness, you'll need to do some conditioning.

If you plan to be a distance runner or other endurance athlete, cardio will become much more important than lifting once you've gotten reasonably strong.

If you want to compete in strength sports, cardio beyond the bare minimum to maintain conditioning is tantamount to suidice.

Yeah, maybe, i don't stay here all day so i'm not into your stupid little Veeky Forums culture.

>i'm not into your stupid little Veeky Forums culture.
Then why make a thread?

Cause i need my workout rated and some help, i'm not into stupid memes.
>but no viking picture, how can we help you, user?

/pol/ is killing Veeky Forums

Can I get gains while undereating to loose fat?

This is not from personal experience. But from what i've read, yes, if you are a total noob. Just use smaller increments than usual.

If you're a novice, you can get stronger while eating at maintenance, and you'll lose weight.

However, you're probably not gaining muscle if you do this - you're simply learning to use the muscle you already have. Fat people have more muscle under the flab than skellingtons do because if you gain weight, some of it will always be muscle even if all you're eating is pop tarts.

Does this thing work?

Whats the best fitness tracker? needs to track sleep and heart rate, bonus points for
>no need to make an account
>data can be exported
>data can be viewed on a linux pc (fedora)
>no GPS

R8 routine

My current lifts are (1RMs)
squat 100kg
ohp 55kg
bench 85kg
deadlift 155kg

You don't need equipment to work out abs

Is drinking coffee after taking supplements like vitamins etc a bad thing?

Are rest days needed at all if you're hitting entirely different muscle groups on alternating days?
Let's say back & bi, chest & tri, and legs

Is a 700 calorie deficit a bad idea if I'm in the 14-17% bf range? I want to get lean but I read that the leaner you are the less of a deficit you can run before just losing muscle.

looks a lot like cube except the rep ranges are off.. I guess it can work for you.

you mean like a push pull legs routine? because that is more or less what I do and yes from time to time you need days off. I can do 6 days a week for a month or so but then I need to just take a few extra days to let my body recover. This may be do to what exercises and what intensity you are working out at.

there are more variables than just 700 calories deficit. if you are able to maintain at say 3500/day 700 is do able.. but if you are maintaining at say 2100/day 700 is going to fuck you up fast.

Should I avoid soya altogether or is a small amount ok?

how long have you been lifting user? And how long with that routine? I ask because I'm a complete novice finishing his first week of lifting (doing Scooby's Intermediate Bodybuilding Routine to strengthen my back and core in preparation for squars/deads. I've had minor back injuries in the past due to poor form) and PPLPPLX seems like the way I'd like to structure my gym time. I'm just worried that it might be too much volume to progress.

what can i replace squats with? they kill my knees, deadlifts seem to be fine though, could i up them to 3x a week and still make gains

Why Salinger?

Might be a retarded question but when do your calories for the day....reset? Not sure if that's the right word but today i begin my cut after eating like a madmen yesterday and my nephews party. When will it be safe to start eating at my certified deficit and start counting calories? Should i just fast for today and begin the normal diet tomorrow?

Start eating at your deficit today. Keep it going until you reach your goal.

PPL is in my opinion the best for long term, but all of those are pretty altight

How much full rest is truly necessary? Does it go by hours, or full days?

I ask because my current routine is basic Starting Strength Mon, Wed, Fri; running Tue, Thu; and swimming Sat morning. That leaves me between Sat morning and late Monday afternoon (approximately 55 hours, but only one full day) of full rest. I'm thinking of adding a Sunday evening run to boost my mileage. That would leave me with at least 33 hours of rest, but no full day. Is this sufficient?

please help
had diarrhea
took anti-diarrhea pills
now constipated and feel like puking + look like pregnant female
what do?

take anti constipation pills and continue the cycle

Anyone have experience dealing with coracobrachialis pain? Stoped benching for 2 weeks now, been massaging and stretching it but little progress. It isn't inflamed much anymore but still tender and noticeably sore if I bench.

What the fuck do I do, it doesn't go away and it's killing my gains.

should i be able to breathe when doing a stomach vacuum? if not i am doing them correctly if yes i still dont know what the fuck to do.

i literally create a vacuum and i get that skelly " where the organs at" look. but creating such a vacuum means i wont be able to breathe unless i release it.

Stupid question, but how do I effectively superset in the gym without being an asshole who takes all the space?

is snus bad for my cut in any way? I use it to supress hunger.

How much cardio should I do when bulking, as in how many miles should I jog and how often should I jog?
inb4 none, I want to keep my heart healthy.

I usually run on off days. You can start with just two days of running 20 minutes or so. Gradually increase your pace and time with the goal of increasing mileage.

Depends on your routine, but on off days is indeed good. For how much, depends on your resistance and endurance really. I'd say no less than 20 minutes, no more than one hour, and for practical reasons avoid running after (or even before) leg days.

Nice quads

Different poster but what would be better during bulking, HIIT or LISS

Alright, I am lifting 6 days a week, so I only have one off day, but I will also run 2 other days a week too. I've been a runner all my life, so whatever milage is pretty easy for me, but during times when I've run too much I've lost a lot of weight just because it burns so many calories. Would 5k 3 times a week be good enough?

Indeed, mirin my quads!
I'd say LISS for bulking, HIIT fur cutting (assuming you go a tad lighter on the weight during the cut). But it's not this much of a thing really. The cardio is just to get those extra few cals of, but the cut is primarily on the plate (or not on the plate to be precise).

I'd go for yes IF you make the 5k in more than 20 minutes

is it a self-made routine? I think it's pretty good, definitely better than most of the nonsense split routines that people diddle around with in routine and QTDDTOT threads
If you're making good progress on it, stick with it.

What's this website called where you input your reps and shows a map of effort throughout your body?

No I got it from here

jmaxfitness.com/blog/daily-undulating-periodization/

I've only just finished the first week so far

symmetricstrength

it's a very coherent program. your 1RMs suggest to me that you probably still had room to see results on a plain linear program, but this DUP thing is still a lot more coherent than trying to make some silly bodypart split that would have you waste time and effort on junk volume and isolations. and especially since you focus on the power lifts 3x/week and have an additional day for GPP and accessories, you probably won't be wanting to throw silly bodybuilding shit in where it isn't needed.

Why do people eat brown rice over white? It's calories in calories out right, so 50g white rice is cheaper and fills you up quicker than 100g of brown rice?

Because fibre help digesting the rice slower, filling you for longer and limiting GI.

Personal recommendations for protein powder?

Brands, flavours. What have you found to be the best?

Micronutrients

And also this

Is it a good idea to replace pendlay rows with something else?
If yes, with what?

Why count carbs/fats/protein if the only thing that matters is calories in/out? Is there an ideal balance of the three that you should strive for?

When

I want to lose some muscle off my thighs, particularly the vascus muscles. Calorie cutting is an obvious part of this, but I want to know if I should overload those muscles to destroy them and not give them enough protein to regenerate, or not work with them at all to let them atrophy? The latter would be way harder since do squats pretty regularly

Eat enough protein most importantly, fill the rest with healthy fats and complex carbs.
Tldr eating a diet of simply carbs will give you the same weight as will a diet of only protein: the difference is that the carb diet will make you a fatass while the protein will make you fit, assuming the calories are the same and that you workout.

Tastes amazing works amazing, all you need is this

I want to improve my nutrition. My schedule is currently too damn busy to cook 3 meals a day, let alone 5-6 for a real bulk.

I was thinking of buying a slow-cooker/crockpot and/or a rice cooker and just making some big pot of chili/chicken/beans/stew/casserole or some other protein-rich meal, dividing it into individual serving containers, and just eating those all damn week.

Would that work? Just eat, say, enchilada casserole or chicken baked in sour kraut or plain black beans with some veggies mixed in all damn week?

If so, what are some good recipes for this approach? I don't want to go plucking random shit off the internet because if you fuck up you've wasted a week's worth of groceries.

Do meal prep. Cook food for the week on a Sunday or something, freeze everything.

So many fucking phonies itt

As a related question, I'm bulking because I'm in 19 credit hours this semester and can't afford the brain drain of a cut. I figure if I must eat a surplus to fuel my brain for my physics/calc/whatever classes, I might as well also use the surplus to build some mass and then just cut all summer.

Is this a sound plan, or do lifting and studying compete for resources?

Thanks f am

Getting to start lifitng again. Is there a routine if I can only go to my school that has a free gym for two days of the week? the commute is about 30mins from my place. I would do the three days but I'm just broke.

To maintain good general health?
Both.
To lose weight?
Cardio.
To gain muscle mass?
Lifting.

>cardio is better than lifting to lost weight
ISHYGDDT

get out of Veeky Forums rippetoe

To lose weight?
Cardio.

I can see why you would think this. It's been around forever, and yes, doing cardio will of course lead to weight loss. But is it better than lifting weights? Well the science seems to indicate that lifting weights is actually better for losing weight than cardio. Let me break down why.

Cardio might burn more calories while you are doing it, but lifting weights burns calories even after you are done lifting.

Also, once you have some muscle (that you got from lifting weights) it costs energy to keep that muscle around, so you will burn more calories just by having muscle. This isn't true with cardio, since cardio doesn't build muscle nearly as effectively as weight lifting.

I know, it seems counter intuitive, and old myths never seem to fully go away. But the science is all out there, and I would encourage anyone to check up on what i'm saying too

whats the difference between protein powder flavors? Will using unflavored be healthier than using a flavor?

BRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAP

What are some exercises to increase arm mobility to do front squats?

im guess what im asking, is does it matter what flavor I get?

not sure if you will even see this since it is hours later now, but I will answer anyways.

I have been lifting for about 2.5 years now and on this ppl for a little over a year as I am more or less comfortable with my muscle tone. Its not too much volume to do pplpplx for awhile but you will eventually need a break. I switched my ppl up to be

Push chest and tris
-bench 5x5
-fly machine pyramid 7 sets adding a 15lbs every set
-incline press machine 4-12
weighted dips 3xF
Tricep machine 4x12
cable pull downs 3x10
some other tricep movement with DB it changes

pull back and bis
DL pyramid to 1x5
pull ups 3xf
chin ups 3xf
bent over rows 3x8
DB rows 3x8
cable rows or lat pull downs 4x8

legs and shoulders
front squat or back squat alternating times 5x5
leg press lighter weight 3x20 after pyramid up to weight
reverse lunges 3x10
leg curls 4x8
ohp w/ dbs pyramid to 3x5 at the end sometimes arnold presses if I am short on time
front raises 3x10
lateral side raises 3x10
reverse flyes 3x12
over head late raises 3x10
shrugs here and there

Also I start every session with a 2 mile run and end every session with ab work at least 3 exercises or machines and an ab roller

So as you can see I have quite a bit of volume in my workouts and it takes more close to 2 hours to complete a workout. This is why I say that after a month or so of doing this as a pplpplx and working, school, wife all that other crap you will need to take a little longer break. I have done a 6 day a week workout on this routine for about 2-3 months at times but I try to stay with 4 times a week as that seems to be my sweet spot.

protein powder as a whole is unregulated by the FDA here in 'MERICA. Whats going to matter is if it is even really protein or has something else in it. Also Isolate vs standard vs cassin ect. googl e could help you in like 5 minutes

Any good ideas to help strength the lowrr back to help a bulged disc. I haven't lifted in 6 months. It'd healing up with pt but I'm still a little sore when I sit too long.

You don't HELP a bulged disc with lifting you see a doctor about it you dummy.

what type of row and what angle best targets my rhomboids and surrounding muscles?

I have minor thoracic spine curvature that causes some pretty sharp pain in that area so I would like to make those muscles a priority

Would doing a set of 50 pushups and a set of 20 chin ups when I wake up every morning (on top of my normal routine) benefit me at all? I really just want to get a pump before class, but would I also maybe see some arm growth if my arms are small?

If my posture is shit and my pushes are a lot stronger than my pulls, how should I adjust my frequency/volume of my pulls and pushes to even them out? is a 2:1 ratio too much?

I count my weight right after morning bathroom as official count for the day.

Why replace? Are they not working anymore? You can add t-row, kroc row and rack pulls for major back work.
Harming your muscles because you squatted too much is stupid. Just accept what muscles you have.
Pendlay rows and kroc rows.

So I'm not a skelebro, if I cut to a low bf% and just clean bulk while I lift can I stay aesthetic while I get bigger or is that impossible?

Should I do bodyweight exercises while on keto?

6'1" 260 lbs

You can get bigger to a point then you will need to increase bulk to continue in a linear progression. Your plan will work for 1-2 years and youl will probably like what you look like at the end.
Can do regular exercises as the gym too if you wanted. Keto doesnt force you into any form of exercise.

Am I doing posture wrong or is my chest to big?
>Tfw family roast me for "sticking my chest out hard"
Should I ignore them or maybe just stop working on my chest for a while? Anyone else went through this?

Is this a trick question?
You incorporate dips, pullups, and pushups into your routine. Don't do body weight if you want to make gains. Do they between sets.

I was told in another thread that I wont make gains anyways eating 1300 calories a day of pure protein and fat so doing bodyweight exercises to maintain and save my joints is optimal

I want to lose weight. I work manual labor as a framer. When i choose really active on myfitnesspal it tells me i have to eat 3000 calories to lose 1-2 pounds a week. Will i really loose weight eating that much.

What is the definitive best way to get hueg biceps, triceps, and delts without juice?

I am a fatty that has a strong as fuck core and legs but babby arms

What's a good brand of Omega 3 supplements?

Good to know all my starving is not wasted, thanks.

how do i achieve a good tan without getting sun cancer

Just FYI, I bought some off bodybuilding.com

Got a second one half off after buying the first and that was after last week where it was buy two get a third free. Creatine is also buy one get one free right now. Even got a free shake bottle (says only 6000 made lol, whatever you say BB.com)

you can make considerable noob gains with a cut but eventually it will halt all progress until you eat more. But usually you can go a considerable length and end up looking good at the end of the cut for beach season then you an start bulking.

Yeah, figured I couldn't stay on a cut forever, just wondering if cutting first and trying to build on that is going to kill my noobie gains.

If you are just starting lifting I would cut to where you want to be. For normie standards just a little muscle is amazing so you can get laid for months until you need to finally bulk.

what's a good/cheap foam roller? should i get one with studs?
i'm looking through ali but there's a lot to choose from

aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-foam-roller.html?spm=2114.01010208.0.0.BXEtSD&site=glo&groupsort=1&SearchText=foam roller&g=y&SortType=price_asc&initiative_id=SB_20170305162338&needQuery=n&isFreeShip=y

I want to do a keto diet. I talked to a guy who's managed to lose roughly 40kg over the span of several months doing keto.Dieting like this doesn't seem to much of an issue, I just eat lots of salad and healthy proteins like chicken and disregard carbohydrates. Seems simple enough.
Now he also told me he's taking supplements to counteract his muscle loss due to his low calorie intake. He's taking BAA,Whey protein and some prworkout consisting of creatin and coffein.
Now is any of this necessary? What supplements if any have benefits that could help me retain or build musle mass?

I'm 5'9 and used to be 292. I'm currently 154 and have lifted for about 9 months now. I've still got some fat and am still cutting, but I'm concerned about to what degree my skin will become tight. I've probably only got about 5-7lbs more of fat to drop before I'd be around 15% bf, but my stomach still dangles a bit and isn't tight to my abs when I sit down. Is this ever going to tighten up?

How long should I rest between sets?

I have acne scars on my back somewhat like this but slightly less. What can I do to get rid of them as best I can? I've been trying some acne creams but I haven't had much luck.