What are the most conservative (but not overzealous) protestant denominations in the USA?

What are the most conservative (but not overzealous) protestant denominations in the USA?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9xKvdU0qgrs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Methodism is pretty based

I'm Orthodox, so no bully, but wouldn't it be far better to have a united Europe under one central religion like catholicism than uhh muh sect.
Luther started this rather annoying trend of "guys, the others are totally wrong, /I/ got what Jesus was trying to convey, why didn't the reformation try to actually reform Catholicism?

Evangelical Presbyterianism.

>why didn't the reformation try to actually reform Catholicism?

That is precisely what Martin Luther sought to do but the Pope could not handle the banter and excommunicated him. So as usual the Vatican is the true villain in all of this.

250 year "conservatism" in a 2000 year old religion.

Orthodox, Catholicism or Oriental Orthodoxy are the only choices.

The legacy of the Reformation is that man can read the Bible and interpet it for himself in his own language, not to need a priest to it for him.

That was a return to the practice of the Early Church.

>Evangelical Presbyterianism.
Only this, the rest are fully cuckolded.

Not true, some Baptists are okay.

>typical batshit white trash preacher
this isnt helping your case

>batshit white trash preacher

A lot of his congregation are Black and Hispanic though

The legacy of the reformation is that any charismatic sinner can drag a bunch of sheep to hell with them.

Mormons and baptists

Pastor Anderson is a prophet from God and you type like a Hebrew.

It's going to be difficult to shoehorn the Mormons into a discussion about Christian churches.

so what?

ALL of your idolatrous popes are in hell

>da mowmen r nawt chwistans

>assblasted cultist

>I'm Orthodox, so no bully, but wouldn't it be far better to have a united Europe under one central religion like catholicism than uhh muh sect.
How is this relevant to Christianity in any way unless you're just larping?

They are not though.

>da mormons r kristans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, is Episcopalianism any good? Or Presbyterianism?
I want a normal sect, and those two seem to be the best.

>believe that jesus christ is the son of god
christian

Episcopalians have gone full SJW/pagan unfortunately and so has the PC(USA). If you are more into the High Church you should look into the continuing Anglican movement whereas if you are a Low Church kind of guy the PCA might be more your style.

Episcopalians are the traditional route by which married men become Catholic priests. They and the Presbys are the traditional routes by which LBGTQZIWHATEVER's become clergy.

Mainline

>believe that satan and jesus are brothers
cultist

>Criticizes Luther for stsrting trend of claiming to know the true Christian approach over other interpretations
>Posits a singular church which suppresses all other interpretations
Might you be retarded?

Is the regular Church of England still good, or what are the good non-papist Catholic churches? Especially ones open to English-Americans. I don't want to intrude upon one that's as much ethnicity as it is religion.

The Anglican Communion is in shambles and Canterbury which is why I recommend Continuing Anglicanism. The only Anglican Communion churches worth their salt are the African ones.

I didn't criticise the trend, I criticise the trend's tendency to create religious rifts in Europe, it's not about religious validation, it's about social stability.

I'll look into some Continuing Anglican churches in my area, thanks.
I believe in God and Jesus, but am not very particular about any certain interpretation. I think Churches should really be more a tradition, a community thing, and a connection to one's heritage, which is why I want something Anglican.

user, have you looked at his thesis? Some of it is legitimate criticism and these things that were legitimately iffy were reformed by later councils, but a lot of it is also far too radical and would have destroyed the Church. Luther went too far, though I’ll be happy to admit the Church didn’t deal with him properly: either they should’ve ignored him, or outright shut him up. The half-assedness lead to the disasters of the Reform.

The Church "shut up" Jan Hus by burning him and that just made him a martyr and fuelled the desire for reform even further. The same would have happened if they treated Luther a similar way. The Church took the right approach by seeking a compromise and making a few changes.

Pentecostals.

Did washington skip leg day?

>The legacy of the Reformation is that man can read the Bible
This is the pseud normie interpretation. In reality the Hussites had done this for over a century and Lollards had an English bible since the 1300s

>Preach retarded shit
>Get retarded congregation
Really makes me think

Uhhhh no sweetie. Methodism allows female preachers, bans alcohol, and also denies predestination. so no.

>Church didn’t deal with him properly: either they should’ve ignored him, or outright shut him up
They couldnt. It was beyond their power. Only Charles V had the power to kill luther and he demurred at Worms and let him escape because he believed in keepinf good on his promise to offer safe passage (among political and historical calculations like Hus at Constance). So longas Luther was safe in Saxony he was untouchable

>believing some guy in 19th century New York is a prophet
>believing all kinds of other batshit esoteric shit

At fucking best they’re so heretical even the Cathars and Manicheans would wonder what the fuck they are doing. And at the very least they had pure intentions, Smith just wanted his personal cult and qt wives.

Calvinists need to leave this board desu. They ruin every country theyve ever touched

It’s like we all forget that 90/95 theses were agreed with and this was a reforming pope who would go through with stuff unlike the Pope who excommunicated Jan Hus
The reason why Luther got excommunicated is the same reason Galileo got ‘arrested’, because he insulted the pope and thought he was so much better than everyone else

Latin was understood by anyone even barely educated, and others couldn’t have read anyway.

This, if Saxony just gave up Luther then he could have had a trial
It’s like how Puidgmont wants to lead an independent Catalonia but refuses to stand trial in a Spanish court

>The legacy of the reformation was that Latin became a dead languages, exsaberating the rise of the individual above all others
FTFY

>predestination

Litterally denies the whole point of Christianity.

And how about spoken? Latin mass was nothing more than white noise to 99% of the congregation. What's the point other than mystification?

>hurt the popes fee fees
>under house arrest and excommunication

t. Damned by god

Depends on the country. When spanish troops and sailors from the armada got shipwrecked on Ireland they were amazed to find that the irish peasants spoke proficient latin to communicate with them.

>or outright shut him up

By murdering him?

How?

>let me just break all established tradition but claim to be a moderate
>DOOD IM RIGHT BECAUSE GOD IS SAYING IM RIGHT SO MY SOLAR MODEL IS RIGHT

The irony to this is that Galileo was right and Martin Luther was right. Fuck the Pope if he's being a dumb ass and into his feels.

No, it lead to the horrors of the Counter Reformation and the invoking of an Order of Assassins, aka the Order of Loyola, aka the Jesuits.

Created with a sworn oath to never seek the papacy.

And yet, Pope Francis is a black pope, a Jesuit. An oathbreaker. An heretic. A blasphemer. And False Prophet of Mystery Babylon.

might as well just exile him, though i suppose house arrest is pretty mild as well

But Galileo was right

By depriving men of the agency to choose whether to accept God's gift of salvation or not.

It is not God's will that any should perish.

Therefore God did not make any so that they would by necessity perish, without hope of redemption.

>Romans 10:9
>”If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”
>nunerous other passages explaining that everyone can be saved
>Calvin comes up and say “lol no, some will be saved, some won’t even if they’re good, God decided it”

>tfw you will never hug Galileo and tell him he was right all a long.
I hope he's enjoying his stay in heaven for being right and unrightfully punished.

>No, it lead to the horrors of the Counter Reformation and the invoking of an Order of Assassins, aka the Order of Loyola, aka the Jesuits.
>Created with a sworn oath to never seek the papacy
>implying any of this is bad

>Some will be saved and some will not.
>Calvinists and Puritans automatically assume they will be saved and others will burn.
Predestination is the biggest vanity.

It's not bad if you're evil. Otherwise, yes, it's evil.

It also violates the Great Commission, or at least makes it a farce.

>2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
-1 Peter 1:2(KJV)

Explain

God's foreknowledge is independent of men's agency.

They run on different tracks.

God's foreknowledge is higher, and knows the end from the beginning, but you do not know what God knows, and God does not tell you (expect in prophecy in the bible).

So your agency runs known to God, but you are free to choose among your available options.

You do not have the available option to surprise God, or to do something God did not know you were going to do.

God chose everyone that He knew would choose Him before He made the world, and made preparations for us.

God also made preparations for everyone whom God knew would reject Him and His Son.

God is quite thorough.

God chooses whom He does BECAUSE of His oath (or promise) to Abraham. What did he promise Abraham? That those with the same faith in the gospel that Abraham had would be adopted as sons of Abraham and would inherit the righteousness God gave Abraham for his faith in the gospel of Christ.

youtube.com/watch?v=9xKvdU0qgrs

God's grace cannot be rejected.

What do you think "eklektoi" means in Biblical terms?

That's horseshit though, the official doctrine is that we don't know.

>make country prosper
>ruin
???

>the official doctrine is that we don't know
Wrong, read Calvin, faith in the promises of God means certainty in one's predestination

God knows the end result of every decision you make. Therefore you have to make every decision knowing that you don't know what lies ahead, but God does.

Its the fun part and most scary part of life desu.

Life is a VN, God has a mapped out walkthrough of all possible options, he’s given you a tons of rules, hints and a ton of supporting characters to help you reach the True Good End, but after that it’s up to you to go get it or get a Bad End.

This is bullshit
t. Lifelong Methodist

>God creates the ultimate visual novel
>He didn't make anime women real.
Is this the biggest JUST. What route do I have to go through to make this real?

if they're not real they're demons desu. anime is no different than idol worship as it is.

You forgot to mention how the Popes hat is Dagon.

Yep. He's retarded, all right.

What a cowardly post.

>You're going to hell!
>No u!
so this is the power of Christian argument

I mean, Mr Rogers did say that god loves gay people just the way they are. But he's Mr Rogers, he gets a pass.

Martin Luther was an arrogant, rage-filled, pseudo-intellectual who set in motion a chain of events that resulted in the deaths of 10s of millions.

>Amerimutts
>Christian
OHNOONONONONONO

I'm praying for you.

>a lot of his congregation is low IQ scum
Figures out.

>Denies predestination
You say that like it is bad thing, dumb Calvie

Shouldn't you be praying to Zion, ye filthy amerimutt.

You need to stop pretending like your baptist box is a "church" and your pastor a "priest".

I affirm the priesthood of all believers.

>But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

- 1 Peter 2:9

Stop taking everything literally, Jesus Christ. Not every Christian is a priest. No wonder Catholics got sick of your assburgers.

Yes every Christian is a priest in the order of Melchizedek because we are one body with Jesus Christ. I'll be praying for you, goodnight.

>Yes every Christian is a priest in the order of Melchizede
You guys and your zionist shit...

The people of Israel were called to be a kingdom of priests, but that didn't make the original Levitical priesthood somehow invalid.