Breakfast

So I heard about intermittent fasting. I see conflicting things on it online and I'm always sceptical that people are trying to sell something...
But I've been reading up more on skipping breakfast and now I feel like breakfast is one of the biggest marketing ploys of all time.. Especially to sell shit like cereal.

I've been skipping breakfast and eating normally the rest of the day and haven't had any side effects yet.. just a coffee or tea on the morning.

What is everyone else experience with breakfast?

Used to eat a bunch of sugary shit as soon as I woke up and then wondered why I got hungry again long before lunch. Read about IF about 2.5 years ago, immediately stopped eating breakfast and haven't looked back.

So you have anything in the morning? Now I'm reading that having coffee on an empty stomach is no good.. I'll see how it affects me but for now I'm gonna stick to my new routine

I used to eat 600 calorie, carb laden breakfasts daily, even up to when I started lifting. Wondered why I had such a hard time losing weight, and then about 4 months ago I picked up IF and it made all the difference in the world. Once you do it for a little bit you hardly even notice the hunger pains in the morning, and it lets you have two full meals, as opposed to trying to have 3 smaller meals that you don't feel satiated from. Lastly, I found having my meals at 2pm and 7-8pm really helped me cut back on notorious mid-afternoon and late night snacks. I really recommend it senpai, you just have to go into it knowing that it could be hard in the beginning and you'll be fine.

What time of the day to you work out? When is best to exercise on a 16:8 IF?

I go to uni so I go whenever it works with my classes, so two days of the week I go in the morning around 8:30 and the other three days I go after classes at 12:30, then weekends I go in the morning. I find I've never experienced noticable differences in my workouts based on when I eat, but just on what time I go during the day. So I think it's up to you to determine if there are times of the day when you feel like you're stronger for the gym. I personally enjoy going in the morning and early afternoon, that way it eats up time in the morning that I could be tempted about thinking of eating, and makes me look forward to lunch that much more. My best advice would be just to experiment for a little bit and see what works for you.

you should eat before you do the most of your work during the day, simple as that
if you do fuck all in the morning you should just skip breakfast and save calories for later

I never ate oats in my entire life. Wtf do you guys eat oats with exactly?

with great satisfaction and a feeling of being blessed

I don't eat until I get home from work. It sucked for about 3 days and then I was fine.

Water and ambition.

Just buy the Quakers instant oat meal. Add hot water, easy.

What about milk? Is water and oats really the best way to make some gains?

Milk is good, milk is bad, depending on who you are asking. If you are bulking use milk. If you are cutting, use water.

oats
whey
water if cutting, milk if bulking

cooking oats is unnecessary

Buy a big bag of frozen blueberries (I go organic), heat up water for minute (or minute half if you have a lower watt microwave), use time to get oatmeal, milk, and blueberries out, mix oatmeal in steaming water, add a little bit of milk, add couple tablespoons frozen blueballs.

If you want, you can add sliced almonds or crushed walnuts for a little extra crunch.

I need to bulk. I have a pretty athletic build, but I want to start bulking up some more.

I don't know much about IF, but it seems to contradict the studies I've read about metabolism. Having something for your stomach to start working on as soon as you wake up gets your metabolism working right away. That's why they say to eat multiple small meals through the day. Metabolism always on, never off.

yeah that's bollocks

Don't believe me then. Go do your own research. There's multiple articles, take your pick.

IF isn't for everyone, it just makes cutting easier since you're taking calories in in a smaller window than you're burning them by merely existing.

As long as you don't eat like a fatass and snack constantly, it doesn't matter how many meals you eat.

So what meals would you guys recommend for IF? I'm worried I'll subconsciously make up for all the missed food when I end up eating.
I'm a skinnyfat dyel right now, just started lifting a month ago.

Eat 1 (one) meal for lunch sometime around 11-1 and eat 1 (one) meal for dinner sometime around 6-8. That's it. No snacks.

Supplement BCAA before and after workouts, alongside a large glass of milk before bed. Your body will feed on the caesin protein in the milk, BCAAs to fill any holes in the time before 1st meal.

>tfw metabolism is off
feels bad to be literally dying

>not plugging in to metabolism machine to make it through the night
Not going to make it brah

If you're new to lifting and you're lightweight then focus more on getting your protein and calories. IF is doable still but if you're struggling to get your calories then don't bother. It's not for everyone. Read the sticky and do SS as well muthafucka.
Fuck off with the bro science.

Nobody here does UIF ? Unintentional Intermittent Fasting ?

I just wake up at 6:15, shower, get dressed, leave the house to commute to work. Don't eat before 1pm, eat again when I get home at roughly 7pm.

Learned I was doing intermittent fasting for years without knowing it. Kek, I just don't feel like eating when I wake up.

Wait what

You just combine water with oats, and drink it?

no, i mix the whey and liquid and pour it over the oats and eat it like cereal

Coffee on an empty stomach will just give you the shits that's pretty much it

Im combining IF 19:5 with a keto diet, and I must say this is the easyest way to to lose fat that I've tried so far. I dont get any ups and downs in my blood suger level, and I have good energy all day. I dont do my workout while fasted. I always work out 2-3 hours after my first meal.

The whole 4 meals a day thing was made up because it was practical in the industrial revelution, when people started working in factorys.

Imagine how a human would live in the wild. You'd have to wake up and go hunt to get your first meal. You would have to have good energy on a fasted stomach in order to hunt.
Still, takes so days to get used to.

Fucking five star post