Tfw no one makes /owg/ threads anymore

>tfw no one makes /owg/ threads anymore

Yeah. It should've been super active the past few days because of Arnold, but it's been quiet. Sometimes Veeky Forums is like that. C'est la vie.

keep training lads. we'll hit those goals eventually

what are your goals lad?

you couldve made a /owg/, but instead you made this. good job

short term? 100 cnj.

long term? 100/125

100 is my goal for cnj too, how long you been oly lifting for and what are you at now?

I haven't tested it

gonna need a new program soon, what are y'all on?

pendlays beginner program atm

Can i start oly lifting without a coach

i go and see a crossfit trainer once a fortnight, the rest i do by myself

the answer is yes but it is extremely beneficial to see a coach

I started out lifting through crossfit, left to focus on strength in a normie gym, but now I miss crosffit cus of the oly classes

I fucking hate WOD's though

>tfw too retarded to do a class

people might talk to me

what's everyone's opinions on squatting multiple times a week? starting a new program that includes front and back squats at least 4 times a week.

whats the program? ive been squatting 3 times a week for the past year and no problems

my own layout. based around a 5/3/1 four week style cycle of programming but just focussing on oly lifts, pulls and squats.

monday is a back squat day. with some either clean or snatch pulls and abs/back as assistance.
tuesday is clean and jerk day. with front squats, clean pulls and back for assistance.
wednesday is just a technique day. drilling position for either clean or snatch. back squats and general pulls for assistance.
thursday is snatch day. front squats, snatch pulls and abs/back as assistance.
friday is a overhead or push press day. back squats, delts for assistance.

the additional squats go from about 40 to 65% of my 1RM for the first week, 65 to 85% for the second week, 75 to 95% for the third week with the final week being about 65 to 85% just for some back off. first week is 3x5, second week is 3x3, third week is 2x3 with the 95% lift just being a single and the final week being 3x3 again.

i use a lot of autoregulation, the sets and reps are just guidelines for how i feel. plus i try and keep my assistance exercises pretty low and not try and kill it.

What happened with Arnold?

legitimately how do i get into oly lifting

i need to do it (supposedly) for peak rugby conditioning but my gym doesn't let you drop the plates (within reason of course) but I don't even know how to start, get coached on form, etc

can I sign up for crossfit and just sit around at the side the whole time until they start cnj and snatching?

Coach says squat everyday. I do oly twice a week. Work up to max on snatch then 5x2 or 5x3 at 70 - 80%, the same for cnj. Finish with back Squats work up to a heavy single then some work. Been oly for 14 months. 75/82.5/127.5/105 @ 127kg. 38yo

The annual Arnold Sports Festival was this weekend.

Finding a gym you can oly at isn't easy. I lucked out and my high school had an oly club that I was in. You gotta look for gyms with droppable bumper plates, nice barbells, and enough space to lift that you can drop a loaded bar and it won't roll away and kill anybody or take out anyone's legs. I'd advise getting a trainer with oly experience or crossfit for a bit.

Some of the most important rules are always keep your back straight when doing anything oly, and don't be afraid to fail a lift and drop the bar. I've known people that shreked their backs trying to save a failing rep, and let me tell you, it's much better to just drop the bar. Temporary embarrassment is better than ruining your back.

>Making threads for just two lifts
Who C+J's and Snatches anyways?

Seems like most of the people who posted in /owg/ are either banned or gone.