>start working extra hark making me look fit
>madigrasinstomach.jpg went to hard and throw up all over gym floor
>run out of gym back home crying and throwing up
>post this thread
so Veeky Forums how was your first time at the gym

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IdHTnpgpLDc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm a lanklet, still haven't gone to the gym yet.
I'm insecure that I'll be struggling with the bar all by myself and looking full autism while surrounded by hot grills and Chads. It's just too much.
I want to find a 24 hour gym so I can just go at like 3 AM but I think they all shut the weight sections down at those times so you don't kill yourself while no one else is around.

Not sure what to do.
I have free access to my uni gym but there's no way in hell I'd be able to work out around 9/10 uber Staceys in their butt pants and packs of mega Chads chugging monster and yelling at each other

>Be me at 17
>Want to start going to the gym
>There is a small local one near me
>I am skinny as fuck
>Go to front desk, buff as fuck dude behind the counter
>Say I want to sign up
>He almost looks sceptical
>Once I get my card and gave him the money, he tells me that if I don't have a routine I'll be forced to pay for a personal trainer, as they don't want anyone just aimlessly using the gym
>Sure whatever, I already got a routine in mind, but I have no idea what equipment the gym had so I just sort of scouted it out at first
>Go to changing room near entrance, its empty, and I change
>Go through as much of the routine I can, barely make it through.
>Go back to changing room after the workout, still empty
>While changing back into normal clothes, a girl walks in
>Wait what
>Don't know what to do so just keep changing back to normal clothes
>Once I leave I notice the changing room I went to has a subtle female symbol on it
>Turns out the fucking male changing room IS ON THE OTHER END OF THE BUILDING FOR SOME REASON
>Never come back to the gym
>Now I go to one 30min away instead of 5
>It's bigger and got properly placed and labeled changing rooms

If no one even noticed then what difference did it make?

lol just go to the fucking gym nobody will even be looking at u. if u wanna go for a comedy effect wear a tanktop alot of people will just have a good laugh and then go back to there own thing. u will be completely exposed so there will be no need to cover up or feel like a pussy u will just do ur own thing.

>be me
>fat but not murica fat asian
>doing barbell rows, some big burly guy approaches me
>tells me he's gonna suck me or he'll beat me up
>i fuck him in the showers

>read a lot of tips on Veeky Forums
This was never going to turn out well bud. RIP in peace.

He's an autist. That's the difference.

literally have so many stretch marks from being 310 lbs now 280 but I don't feel like I'm worth leaving my house and being seen in the public so I just do sprints in my basement

Fact is, nobody gives a fuck about you. You are nothing special. We are so used to seeing lanklets and fatcunts come to the gym that you guys literally invisible. We filter you out. You are a nobody for now. Take that as you will, just know that nobody gives a fuck about anyone else than themselves.
Trust me, I am a former detective.

Pics of basement?

only thing i remember, 4 years ago
>go for squats
>quite afraid about social contact, oh god it comes back to me, years without talking to anyone for any reason before this day
>went to smith machine without weights or max 12lbs per side
>felt like being judged by some old dude who i at least then considered as bodybuilder

trying the smith machine put me on path to avoid it in squatting, it felt wrong right then and there

youtube.com/watch?v=IdHTnpgpLDc

I want to start sl 5x5 in two days but I'm nervous because I tried doing two exercises with a friend's dumbells loaded with 4 kg each and could only get 5 sets of 10 of each exercise and was sore for 4 days ,can I handle the 30 kg starting weight for 5x5?

No that is my holy place

Yes you can, even teenage girls can do that. Go to the gym, do your thing and get out. Sure people might think you are weak, but why should you care. You are actively trying to better your life. Creds to you

>Wake up extra early to go to grandmas for breakfast before my first big day at corner gym
>Grams is into juicing and fresh squeezed orange juice
>chug down like 2 liters of juice and some bread
>arrive at gym
>pay my entrance fee and scout the empty area
>have no one to copy so wing it
>hop onto bicycle machine
>pedaltothemetal.exe
>feeling winded but ok
>go do some cable excises
>feeling the gains materializing
>I'm going to be Arnold in no time
>back onto cycling machine for them cardio gains
>finish my cycle circuit however something is off
>start to feel like headed about to faint
>go to the entrance and sit down to cool down
>not working, wtf is happening feel like going to die at any moment
>e tu grams? cause all drank was her drinks and bread
>feel rumbling in my stomach and a flow of commit suddenly flows out of my mouth onto myself and gym floor.
>can't stop it and throw up like 4 times
>rush out
>walk back home with dirty clothes and my pride ruined
that was like 1 or 2 years before I actually got a legit gym pass to a nice gym so was experimental times for me

Do the empty bar first. I wasn't sure how strong I was so I did that. Still adding weight every work out after 2 months. Don't let your ego take over. It's okay to start with pussy weight. You'll catch up eventually. My presses are still empty bar but I can do one plate squat and deadlift now.

Don't you feel like a huge dickhead just pressing the bar though?

WEAK
E
A
K

Post source homie.

>I want to find a 24 hour gym so I can just go at like 3 AM but I think they all shut the weight sections down at those times so you don't kill yourself while no one else is around.

they don't. find an anytime fitness/24 hour fitness or some other chain, you can go in at 3am and do whatever you want

i'll be judging you though user, because i'm the only other person there in the middle of the night. if you make eye contact, i'll make you spot me while i squat.

That's fine, I can handle 1 other guy judging me.
It's only the huge crowd of butt pant Stacey judgement that becomes overwhelming.
I figure if you see me pressing the bar you at least still understand what I'm trying to do as a man.

honestly no one really gives a fuck what anyone else is doing, but if you can't find a 24 hour gym or can't go late, the best times are during the early morning and afternoon. the morning crowd is especially chill in my experience, and usually older.

around 4-5pm til like 10-11pm are the times you wanna avoid.

>be me, 20 years old
>never set foot in a gym before in my life
>go there with buddy who trains in the gym a lot (brosplitter)
>train arms for an hour and a half
>go home, arms burning like hellfire
>repeat for the remaining days of the week, follow along with buddy on his brosplit

Was a good learning experience, back then i looked at him as some sort of God in terms of gym knowledge, but now i realize he was just your typical brosplitter.

Why didn't you guys have weight lifting in your high school curriculum? Had a teacher to show us proper form, nothing too extreme, but at least we weren't complete noobs when trying to advance on our own.

The first time I went to the gym was with this absolutely ripped Turkish guy that was a friend of a friend.
I did 1 set of bicep curls with a barbell (I don't know the proper exercise names), for some reason it was really easy and I just kept going, but then when I got done I literally couldn't extend my arms. They slowly got more and more hard until it was like rigor mortis and I could barely move them and was just walking around the gym like a T-rex.
It was like that for like 5 days afterward and was some of the worst pain I've ever experienced, not sure what the hell that was but damn.

>Why didn't you guys have weight lifting in your high school curriculum?
Man, you tell me. We had the gayest phys. ed. (I'm from Sweden). Basically once a week for 1 hour we played football, volleyball, land hockey, or some other ball sport. Or even worse, we did gay shit like dancing and skiing. Not once did we have any martial arts or weight training. Probably because all the girls needed to be able to tag along, i don't know.

in my highschool they didn't let anyone besides the athletes into the weight room and gym class was just running or whatever

I'm sorry for you, chaps. Here, have a (you)

It's really not a big deal dude.

You will only be using the empty bar for your first day. The next time you do that excercise, you add 10 lb, every day until you plateau.

Gotta start somewhere and you'll be loading up plates soon enough.

I know, that's why I'm training to get stronger. I hope to hit 1/2/3/4 by the end of this year.

This thread is literal autism. No one cares about you now, and they aren't going to care about you in the gym. Why don't you just work until people actually care

I had a friend who started bar on every lift and he did it at our uni gym. See unlike you, he isn't a fuucking pussy. You'll stop being a pussy when you go to the fucking gym.

The same happened to me, but nothing like that has ever happened again. I had to walk around with my palms together in front of me, I was terrified of going back to the gym because it was my first time and my pal called me a bitch for complaining about muscle pain. Tbh my muscles havent hurt at all since, and I train regularly.