What was your first day in gym like?

What was your first day in gym like?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BO3dwHwgUL4/?taken-by=lilymaymac
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no one insulted me and told me to leave like i imagined 1000 times they would, so it was great

Felt super nervous and uncomfortable. 1 year later i think its funny how much of a gym noob i was.

Signed up and went on the first day it opened so I would get mixed in with all the other noobs

Only person who brought a towel into weight room- immediately felt majorly self conscious and retarded

Picked up 20kg dumbbells and couldn't lift em, cycled down to 18kg, 16kg, 14kg and finally couldn't lift more than 12kg dumbbells. Probably looked like an actual retard.

Had literally no idea about routines or exercises or form- just picked up dumbbells, did bicep curls and tricep extensions and left.

Came back 3 days later and did it again. gg

>be me 17
>dyel faggot
>can't even bench the bar

I'm a still dyel that benches 175 lbs but we made gains.

Struggled to put a z-bar on my back from the floor to squat until a PT came and told me smiling that we had a squat rack for squats.
Did some triceps push downs with my back against the cables.
Found some weights on the floor somewhere which I used for deadlifting, another PT told me to put those from where I got them and I returned them to the floor. I later realized that there was also a rack for weights.

Actually, today was my first day in the gym ever.

I went there very early to avoid a crowded place. I'm very skinny and it's a little intimidating to exercise among people with such nice bodies.

10 min of treadmill, 90 degrees leg press with 20kg, something for the the arms and chest that I can't remember the name. Turns out it's very nice feel my muscles.

With my membership I can take Pilates classes for free. I'm really willing to, but a little uncomfortable cause I'm a guy. Should I do it anyway?

Biked for 20 mins. Was exhausted. Felt good afterwards. Was very fat. Now less fat.

Was too scared to bench

>do the abs-machine
>do bicep curls
>run on treadmill for 20 minutes
those were simpler times

There was like 2 old people on ellipticals that didn't give a shit. I proceeded to do a sick back-breaking form squat with an empty bar.

i went, i lifted, i left

This was at the end of february:

>pay 6 months in advance
>talk to the nice lady who works at the gym
>explain i have a routine already (SS)
>ask kindly if she can check my form to be sure i'm not gonna fuck myself up
>she does
>all good
>i keep doing my stuff

Actually pretty chill. I went there like, 8 AM, there was just a few fellas benching. Way different that i was expecting, everyone is pretty cool to me and the girl who works there sometimes come to check my squat form.
It's all good.

First time I went to the free weight area was as a literal skelly (62kg at 6'0) and I struggled though my bench of 30kg with horrible form - shoulders not retracted, grip too close, poor bar path. The bar was wobbling like crazy too, felt like a true noob.

Fast forward 4 and a half months, I'm 10kg heavier and up to a 75kg bench for 5x5. Still dyel, but no longer feel like a muppet. Plus people are asking me for tips on form doing deadlifts, the press and bench which is pleasing.

>be 12 year old son of a uni staff member
>allowed to roam around campus more or less unsupervised
>day off of school; mom drops me off at the pool
>new gym gets built by pool
>pool pass is valid for the gym
>roam around and pull on some cables whose diagrams I could figure out
>turn out to be the chest fly, shoulder raise, and situp machines
>baby curlbro in the making

I took weight training in high school and learned barbell stuff which fixed that right up.

I had come to the gym trying to lift before ever since I was allowed to go by myself, I don't remember what that first time was like but going in for the first time seriously 2 months ago was no problem.

Who dis

>Enter gym
>Extremely nervous and anxious
>Everybody is gonna mock me cause I'm super weak
>Start benching [spoiler] 20lbs [/spoiler]
>After a few sets I realize nobody gives a shit about me, they're just focus on their own shit
>Do some random machines and leave
Felt really good

The gym bully raped me in the shower

>not shoving a rapex anti-rape device in your ass before a workout
Doubles as a squat plug too

Protip: Don't trust gym staff for form checks. They probably know less than you. Especially the female ones.

First day in commercial gym

>literally no one cares what you do or who you are just did my lifts

First day in a powerlifting/strongman gym

>owner can smell I'm new
>so can the gym goers
>introductions all around
>asks what my goals are and what I'm gonna lift today
>did my lifts and shot the shit with people lifting 10x more than me
>picked up small tips over the first few weeks (not nitpicking entire form but hand/feet placement on some lifts)
>strongest I've ever been

Feels really good man. Can't imagine going back to a commercial gym.

no you should start with starting strength with some nice accessories to get strong and big

dude....

lol. i'm picturing the massive strongfat owner of the gym sitting at the reception desk, scenting the air when the lanky, terrified new guy walks into the gym.

I hate this shit.

>year ago ask the regular gym I go to what it takes ot be a PT
>Oh you need a certificate and only this specific one
>realize they are fucking with me since all these PTs don't know shit
>2 weeks later they hire this fucking teenage girl that knows nothing at all about working out

At that point I decided not to give a shit about anyone at this gym

I felt as well as heterosexual in prison

i don't remember it was 12 years ago

Yeah do pilates, i do it now and wish i had done is throughout my lifting career.

First went to a small gym about 9 years ago - had spent a couple of years doing some bodyweight stuff and running so wasn't out of shape.

I would just go in and do whatever machines i felt like until i got bored. Only went about once a week.

haha lol!

pretty much same

I'm fat or started really fat, but pretty much the same shit.

Hid in the toilets for 15 minutes, pretended to be on my phone when I finally went out. Did bench on the smith machine and left. Was too afraid to go back cancel my membership so left then keep taking my money for 6 months until my dad saw my bank statement and forced me to end it.

Didn't go back to the gym two years later until I went with my friend, hilarious thinking back.

I got fisted in the changing rooms like the little twink fuck i am, scat flying everywhere as i counted the reps. I was trying to suck everyone off to completion but like the ripe noob i was i kept losing purchase over the dicks and everyone was getting real mad. I had major DOMS from anal fissures for the better part of a month and had to always bring a gym towel to wipe off blood from the equipment, but that's how they mark out newfags and it kept going. Eventually my asshole and distal colon calloused over and i stopped bleeding and they moved on.

this asshole that was way bigger than me would look at me in the mirror when I was trying to lift and laugh at me and would do the same exercises I was with way heavier weights. I never wanted to come back but I sucked it up and now I can almost lift as much as him.

>Be me
>Be summer b4 frosh HS year
>6 am lifts for football
>Show up and coach is a competitive power lifter
>Teaches us bench/squats/cleans
>Tells us we ain't shit if we don't get good at that holy Trinity
>Teaches us absolute proper form with light weights on everything
>Is super anal about gym maintenance teaches us to always rack our weights EXACTLY where they go. To always use the most efficient pl8 combo to get to our desired weight, and how to be good spotters.
Perfect first day tbqh

Anyone want more? I'll post a bit:
> football coach is also despite everything a huge smoker
> one time he takes a few weeks off because his wife died of some long term genetic illness
> a month into coming back he gets diagnosed with lung cancer
> slowly stops taking part in the exercises with us
> gets fatter and iller looking
> bald too at the end
> eventually stops working and dies shortly after
Learned from that to really clean up my macros and never smoke.

Ran for about 30 minutes on the treadmill, did leg press and left. Too intimidated to go into free weights area. Was a fatass.

First time I went back to the gym in a very long time was about a month ago, I was nervous as hell going near the free weights but forced myself to go. I struggled to bench 30lbs (lol) and had to roll out, I looked like a fucking idiot and didn't want to go back. I've gotten my weight up since then and now that I firmly believe most people there are equally self-conscious, I don't really worry about getting judged for being a noob anymore.

Gym is pretty fun

are you a fucking puffter?

I would have judged a fatass rolling out of the bench. Probably would have walked right on over and started pissing on your helpless mass on the ground as you tried in futile to crunch yourself up before giving up and going for some emergency chocolate milkshake stored in your brand new $400 protein TM blender ultra jug.

My protein filled piss would probably be the most nutritious substance your body has received in its lifetime.

>I struggled to bench 30lbs
In the future, you include the weight of the bar.

In future you dont respond to my posts unless i leave it off with: thoughts? or any help?

Lel I haven't been a fatass for a few years. I am a skinnyfat DYEL. Your fantasy is kinda disturbing though.

Why? I'm not gonna lie about being a weak motherfucker. Nothing to hide here.

Don't ever fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to this thread.

>Why?
Because you look stupid if you say you're benching 90lbs and not 135lbs.
Guaranteed if anyone asked you in real lift or at the gym you'd make a complete ass out of yourself. The bar not weighing anything is literally just a meme.

Who the fuck are you? You aren't me

Planet fitness?

>13 years old
>parents telling me to start a sports because it s good for you
>4 years earlier had asked to join the gym in front of my house but was laughed at
>paybacktimebitches.jpg
>show up all nervous with the money for a month s worth of membership
>bro-tier owner sees i m a confused lanklet and walks me around showing me machines
>makes me limber up
>makes me do like 4 different exercises on the lat pulldown
>encourages me to keep coming and get stronger

Im fat as shit adn have never had sex so i think i am

You got the second part right at least

booked session with personal instructor. he showed me bunch on machine exercises and I could tell he really didn't care

Sorry hit post before i finished:
> Really helps me out with eating and eventually macros
> There's some 15 year old girl in the gym who's hot af and gymbro sees me mirin
> He starts spotting her too for me
> We all get quite social in the gym and i often talk to her alone
> fast forward a year and he's stopped going out with her and says i should ask her out
> i dont because i was a dyel coward

Flashforward to now and she's a fat college student who gyms here when she comes back from college, so i dodged a bullet

>go there with a friend who was already an advanced lifter
>he shows you the basics
>do fbw routine as he watches your form
>be so fucking sore the next day you can't move
>8 days later still sore as fuck
>no gym during that time
>decide to ditch that whole gym thing
>come back to the gym 8 MONTHS LATER
>never stopped since

read the fucking sticky

Bit nervous but felt fine once I started doing squats.

>be 22 at uni
>Marine Officer Candidate School firend needs gym buddy
>Accept
>Go to gym
>Do Pull-ups
>Suck
>Do Lat Pull-downs
>Do Rows
>Do Bicep Curls
>Do Tricep extensions
>Do some cardio

It was great

> ask for first time gyming stories
> get milifags blogpost

Wew

>suck
>Veeky Forums

>Why?
Because when you tell someone how much weight you can lift you shouldn't lie to them?

Not even me you're a troll.

I was a cardio bunny during my 3 days trial period. Once I noticed no one gave a shit about what others do in the gym I finally picked up some weights.

instagram.com/p/BO3dwHwgUL4/?taken-by=lilymaymac

>weigh 115 lbs
>go to the gym at 4 am to start my day
>literally did curls and triceps extensions everyday for three months
>always use the 15 lbs and 30 lbs dumbells
>year later
>cringe at the fact that I knew nothing
>weigh 146 right now and still trying to gain more weight.
I'm glad I was able to educate myself

I'm also doing pilates. I am the only guy, but I don't care. I've done fitness courses before where I was the only man. You'll get used to it. I've only had one sessions so far, but I think it is a great way to complement lifting since it focuses on mobility, relaxation, and body control.

Was pretty nervous, signed up and paid 100 euros for a yearly subscription.

Asked for an easy program from the trainers there, first a woman came but then she left and a dude showed me the rest of the exercises.
It wasn't that bad honestly.

I just came back from my first gym session.
I had booked a PT. I intended to learn some compound lifts. But their IT system crapped out and deleted the booking. A different PT showed me around the place. I proceeded to sit on a bike for 30 minutes to at least get something done. Showered. I didn't have to shower but did it anyway just to get used to being naked in front of other dudes. Left.

3/10.

New PT booked for tomorrow.

It was pretty sweet
>Trial at expensive commercial gym
>Load up 2pl8 squat
>Crush myself under bar and struggle to get out

Now
>Shit poor people 'bodybuilding' gym
>Full of freaks and saddos
>An oompa loompa gives me unsolicited form advice on my squat (2.5 pl8 for real at this point)
>'look straight up the whole time'
>Fuck off
>I hate my fucking gym

>fairly big because played rugby and ate a lot all my life
>everyone stared a lot when this strongfat (not even that fat desu, must have been around 20%) 95 kg guy was struggling benching lmao0.5pl8
>but then they also stared when i squatted 2pl8 on my first day
mixed feel desu

I thought a workout was if you run on the tredmill for a bit then go on every machine in there for 1 set

I did this

Here in Norway the PT's take a 3 month course in Bali. Mostly drinking and partying i've heard.

Loaded up a bar to squat without realising olympic bars were 20kg (i'd been using a smaller bar at home)
Loaded up usual weight, went down and got stuck at the bottom

Very humbling

The first day is the hardest. Regardless if skelly or fatboy. My first day I did everything and went to the bathroom, was about to throw up. Waited 5 minutes then went back out there and did it all again.

I talked to a lady and she did a health physical to me and I had such low blood pressure that she called an ambulance

>be me
>16 yo
>just got a gym membership as a birthday gift
>walk straight to the bench press
>puts 2 plates on each side
>MFW heavy as fuck
>drops the weight on my neck and pass out

because of that I wasn't allowed to go to the gym without my dad until I turned 18

this was like 3 years ago
>17yo skinny faggot, about 60kg
>hot ass gymlady teaches me all the stuff and shows me my own routine
>huge bodybuilder talks to me and says a should keep on training (pic related, its him)
>was a pretty nice day and i keept on gaining since then

i imagine you as a huge ass anime faggot beast

You should try it once if you can, see if you like it. Reading the sticky and getting bulking right away is most important for you. When I was a skeletor I ate a full meal every 3 hours and lifted heavy 4-5 times a week. I saw major improvement for the next few months. Don't lift and do cardio on the same days. Good luck user!

>nobody asking where to get free balanced meals all summer long
WHERE?

First time ever?
I got swimming lessons at the YMCA I think when I was like 3-4.

First time lifting?
I lifted for awhile, a girl from my class saw me asked if I wanted to workout with her, didn't really want to do babby shit but girl so I wasted some time doing DYEL/cardio shit, and then I left.

>Graduate high school
>Dad tells me I've gotten fat and lazy and that we're going to the gym while I'm going to a local college
>He was a bodybuilder in college
>Won a couple of local competitions, nothing big though
>He started me on Strong Lifts 5x5
>Screaming at me to go harder the whole time the first day, entire gym looking at us like we're retards

It was okay. My dad is great and a crazy ass nut.

read sticky, then do neck hangs with rope

>lifted for awhile, a girl from my class saw me asked if I wanted to workout with her,

>haha do you think you can keep up?
>proceed to work out while she "spots you" with her vag in your face as you hit a new PR

I sort of read SL 5x5 in the sticky. I showed up at like 4-5 pm. The gym was unusually crowded.There was a guy using the power rack, so I was forced to bench. I benched the bar, then added 20 lbs and did two sets of five.

Then I decided it was gonna be a great idea to try doing pendlay rows. I was too beta to use a barbell so I picked one of those smaller bars. I must've done it with terrible form because a black came over thinking I was trying to deadlift.
Then I decided to skip a rope, the problem was, I even managed to fuck that up by jumping to high and to hard.
It was pretty embarrassing. Next day I went at midnight and actually lifted.

OI!

Man I wish I had a cool liftan dad. My dad just keeps telling me lifting heavy weights is bad for you and essentially only wants me to do cardio all the time.

>friend is a bodybuilder getting all the stacies
>wanna come to the gym?
>Nah m8
>decide to join him one day.
>gym employee asks if im getting a membership
>friend tells me to stand close to him
>walk past the gym employee without saying anything and proceed to workout
>every set is a super set.
>we do biceps and triceps. (curling 10lbs/tricep rope on 20lbs)
>ONE MORE REP! ONE MORE! ONE MORE! x999
>fuggg i feel like im gonna die
>drink at least a gallon of water from the water fountain. feeling sick
>Now we do cardio
>stair stepper at near max settings
>sprinting for like a minute or two
>nearly fall off. trigger safety
>friend still running on stairmaster
>ill just go to treadmill (low setting)
>friend finishes workout with sauna
>sit in sauna. he splashes the rock like 50+ times
>feeling really tired/wanting to pass out
>right as the lights dim
>ALRIGHT BRO WERE DONE, GOOD WORKOUT
>I didnt come back after

Years later now, I'm stronger than him. recently had him work out with me and he threw up from exertion. sadly were both robots now.

>lived in projects

>have gym at lead-paint corp. presents: elementary school

>"coach" too drunk to teach

>asst "coach" who is either a guy or manly woman comes in

>we playin' dodgeball!

>CHEA.PNG

>soft foam-balls dumped out in middle

>grab two and run to end of court

>turn around to acquire target

>get pegged right in nose face with basketball

I was about 14-15 and went with my dad. We benched and did other shit

What a great community. Seriously. Thinking about /fit is what made me get out of bed today and go to the gym.

Thanks! I think I'll give it a try -- only if it doesn't compromise the time and dedication of weighlifting and cardio.

Thank you. I really should've read the sticky before. Amazing content.

Diet will be the worst part since I hate eating and starving is very commom for me. Hope I can change that.

Oh Christ I remember this
So goddamn painful and idk how that's fucking allowed
>when you get hit in the ear and you go retarded for a good 3 seconds and all you hear is ringing

>go with buddy to gym because he suggested it
>try binch
>lmao1/4pl8
>shaky as fuck
>didn't even touch chest
>learn/do a bunch of chest/tri exercises
>arms and chest sore from poverty lifting

Good times

>be me 3 years ago
>go to a trial day at the gym
>nervous
>check out the squat rack
>someone is already using it
>"o..oh i'll just go do some cardio"
>run on a treadmill for 5 minutes
>check the squat rack again
>still in use
>leave the gym
>never come back
>buy a 60kg / 130lbs dumbbell set for home usage

>romania
>16 yrs old
>1.75 83kg
>only ever did push-ups at home (max 15)
>grade A autismo
>1st time in gym
>roided up PT or whatever you wanna call him (also receptionist) tells me to warm up on the stationary bike
>hot cardiobunny next to me
>autism attack
>try to act cool
>pedal as fast as i can,to the point that i'm almost standing from the momentum
>she looks at me with a weird smile
>she likes me
>this is too easy wth
>10 minutes later realized the bike was turned off the whole time
>heh
>saw someone doing some curls thought i'd try that
>take EZ bar,put 5kg on each side
>curl
>left plate falls on my foot followed by the one on the right
>turn red but have no idea what i'm doing wrong so i'll just play cool
>lift the plates,put them back on
>curl
>both weights fall off once again
>as i lift the plates to put them back on once more CHAD looks at me and points at the clips
>breathe,blink,talk,walk manually and continue
>hot cardiobunny saw this
>go to decline ab bench
>do maybe 7 or 8 and have to stop because it was too hard
>she sees this aswell
>just as the last drop of hope leaves my mind she comes over and tells me i should continue and that she wishes me good luck
could have been worse i guess

>14 years old
>Canadian winter
>Go to some basement gym
>bunch of DYELs
>Ask some of the older kids what's up
>They teach me to bench, squat, deadlift etc
>Favourite lift there was the hex bar

Those guys in that weight room were some of my best friends. Too bad at around 16 they all bounced and I was the "big" guy around with all the other kids. I'm 19 now and I only have one buddy who lifts with me at another gym from that time.

>Greentexts are too fucking long

First time in gym I was in weigh-training class as senior. Gave 110% to prove to all football that I belonged there. Ending up throwing up about 5 minutes after last set. Skinny ass guy laughed at me but football players were super cool and supportive. I partnered up with a few of them and now I bench twice as much that guy that laughed at me. Feels good man.

Also, wanted to add, the meanest people in a gym are rat faced skinny people and some of the nicest people are the buff gym-bros. Something you wouldn't expect with the "alpha males are evil" narrative always going around nowadays.

That's because buff dudes earned their muscles giving them a humble outlook and dyels have never earned shit.

Buff dudes want everyone to be buff dudes with them they will help anyone achieve that.

In the time you took to play catch up he already went further and is now doing 3 times your PR.

No joke I got knocked out playing dodge ball as a kid, I got kicked in the face