/OWG/ Olympic Weightlifting General

>Make Weightlifting Great Again edition

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
pastebin.com/1HgVcGam
pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk
chinfl.blogspotco.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
iwf.net/doc/technical.pdf
yashathoughts.com/

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D5BUtMk0INY
catalystathletics.com/exercise/365/Hip-Clean/
catalystathletics.com/exercise/433/Clean-From-Power-Position/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZV8_QhB_W6o
youtu.be/6e8goCaBu3I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i thought this shit died already

It's not dead, it's just forgotten.

Dudes come on, it's been a month since I last saw an owg.

Hopefully not. /owg/ is best thread

What would be an equivalent exercise to the snatch balance for the clean that can teach me to get under the bar more aggressively in the 3rd pull? Hang cleans?

Sorry, could you explain what you mean by "snatch balance"?

i understand what you mean; dead hang cleans have been the most effective for me, so rather than going down a bit and pulling just at the top, limit your extension entirely and drop as fast as possible

anyone ever had surgery for a patellar tendinopathy?

youtube.com/watch?v=D5BUtMk0INY

These two exercises helped me out a lot.

catalystathletics.com/exercise/365/Hip-Clean/
catalystathletics.com/exercise/433/Clean-From-Power-Position/

Ok, that's what I thought.
That is a hard exercise by the way. I lifted for a long time until I was able to do it well...

I agree with the guy who suggested the dead hang cleans.

One thing I like to tell people is to rotate the elbows under the bar as fast as possible. Maybe keeping that in mind would help you also.

I'll dump some webms

sure, no one's posting

but at least there is no blue shoe!

I'd take a dead owg over a fucking autist teenager posting pictures of his shitty lifts and nudes

Tall cleans. Don't drop; actively yourself under the bar. After shrug, think 'arms' and 'fast elbows'.

Can someone please post the webm of a guy bench pressing with a ridiculously arched back, so that his ROM is like 10 cm?

Actively pull*, obvi

this is OWG, not power fag general

I want to get into the sport of olympic weightlifting.
Should I get Drehkraft or Power Perfect II?
Or does it even matter?
Do you know about sizing?
My regular Adidas shoes are 43 to 44.
> Also, this is a nice sticky, thank you :3

i dont think thats the new record

I have PP2s. They're great shoes, in my opinion. I recently tried on some Romaleos and they felt God awful by comparison. They fit true to Adidas' size. There's a sizing chart on their website, if you want to confirm .

Will the name Clarence give a boost in lifting?

It's the total WR, idiot.

Drehkraft are essentially just PP2s with a retarded lacing system. Use whichever you prefer.

Literally; do you even lift?

Guys I'm having huge issues with shoulder pain when snatching. I think my torso is coming too much forward. How do I fix this? I do hip flexibility stretches before every training session. Basically a static lunge on both legs. I also do shoulder dislocations for a few sets of 8-10 with a broomstick and some rotator cuff/scapula/rear delt exersises with a resistance band.

Let's talk programming

What are you doing, what have you done?

Coachfags need not apply, this is for self-taught noobs like myself.

I ran the 12 week complete cycle (Catalyst) and enjoyed it a lot. Typical catalyst structure (snatch day, jerk day, clean day, power day, rest, snatch + cnj, rest, repeat) and then bulgarian method up until competition. What about the rest of y'all?

Do you have a video?

Thank you both! I'm gonna order PP2s tomorrow.

>Coachfags need not apply

Fuck you ;)

I train bulgarian method, coach is from bulgaria. My front squat is skyrocketing

is he a little people

example week?

i think so, technically speaking

Trying this for a 4 week cycle or so, although I tried doing incline and it fucked up my snatch overhead, so I'm replacing it with Bill Starr's press program.

Reminder that you should be squatting lowbar for strength, front squats for clean specificity, and high bar never.

reminder that you should fucking kill yourself

Today we did 2x3 90% snatch then 1x2 90% C&J followed by 2x2 85% C&J. In Reps/Sets. Followed by 2x2 90% front squats

Tomorrow we're doing max out back squat followed by 2x1 90% back squat, 4x4 110% snatch pull. Then some C&J at 80% stuff, don't remember in my head right now.

Basically most days are classic lifts of doubles or triples at 80 - 85%. Snatch/Clean pulls maybe twice a week at 10% more than your max competition lift, so 110% as stated. Front squat almost every day for doubles/triples of two sets. Very rarely back squat - exited for backsquats tomorrow because I haven't maxed in a while.

Also at least once a week we do power snatches and cleans at same percentages as mentioned along with competition lifts and power variants from blocks.

It's not really the most structured program to be honest. We just show up and coach writes down program off the day, and we don't train twice a day except on saturdays. During vacation time those that want can also train twice a day. If you've missed a few days you'll get your own individual program for a few sessions. Coach is really good at pointing out flaws in technique, though. She was on the bulgarian national team and almost made the Olympic team in 2008.

Nope. But my coach says my torso is too much forward, but won't give my and specific stretches to do. Just say I need to get more mobile.

I use SBD sleeves and honestly I think they're limiting my depth and as a result my ability to stay straight up.

>tfw I take too long to set up for snatch that my hamstrings and hands go numb

>tfw no coach

i would do a bulgarian style program but it's too tiring to do heavy snatches and heavy cnjs on the same day. I like to do a lot of volume, though.

what are your lifts guys?
>no e-stating
please

>Those yellow and green plates

What is that, about 450 lbs?

That's at least 260kgs, which isn't including the black plates, although I'm assuming the black plates are 15kgs a piece at least judging from their thickness compared to the yellows. So it's probably 290kgs, which is 639 pounds.

hello faggots

I am your new overlord

I lift 73/90 @85 and I am stronger than all of you stupid niggers

my pronouns are he/it

your funny!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

YOU PUT YOUR INSTEAD OF YOU'RE

WHAT A FUCKING IDIOT

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>180kg highbar backsquat
>90kg clean and jerk

W H O E L S E K N O W S T H E S E F E E L S

wow your a good poster! stick around, freind!

you can have panzer

t. /plg/

Go to bed Dakota

ow mine back

Don't know the English excercise names, smartass.

Eastern Europe weightlifting-masterrace here.

I WOULD NEVER LEAVE YOU PLG

I keep missing snatches forward, as in, I can catch the bar above my head but if I try to squat with it overhead I always drop it forward. I am pretty sure this is a mobility issue but I can front and back squat with and almost perfectly vertical torso. What should I do?

>tfw no coaches near me

>I have a coach that coaches one of our olympic athletes at comps

jelly coachlets

sounds like you have shoulder mobility issues, or that the bar is going too far forward due to HIP SMASH. a video would help.

Why are clean and jerks important? How will they improve me as a person??

They develop mental fortitude and a willingness to take risks in the face of dangerous prospects under duress.

sounds like nothing is gonna help you improve as a person with that shitty attitude, m8

is your coach alexander krychev?

>tfw roiding for casual weightlifting is so easy

>This is considered ""weightlifting"" in the state of China

explain yourselves China-boos

>She

no it's obviously not Krychev, this is some woman on the post-Abadjiev shit era of Bulgaria

Tbh 190/230 ain't a bad total for a 105

That "poor" technique had him in fourth at the olympics, and one kg away from third if I remember correctly

Kill me. Spent a long fucking time learning powerlifting, and my classic lifts suck balls.

Back in the day when American lifters were strong. Michels trained Bulgarian and managed to hit 188 at 110kgs bodyweight in comp.

>ass to grass

nah man, this is atg

This

A Jerk is fucking scary at 90% or higher

>tfw want to run a small cruise of test or Anavar for six months while I train by myself and blow everyone away at nationals
>Scared of getting caught

>Back in the day when American lifters were strong.
what did he mean by this

>hit 188 at 110kgs

That's supposed to be impressive?

> that jerk posture

looks cj cummings tier

china is still way, way better than american technique

I'm still a new lifter, not going to learn this stuff for another six months plus, but it's cool as fuck and I'm gonna lurk.

Question for you all: how would you improve the sport? Would you incorporate more lifts like strict OHP for example?

>redditcuck links in OP

shit thread

there's no green plates, its 25,15,20,20,20,25,15 on each side.
so it's 300kg

Drive the bar as close to your body as possible. Pull the bar high and straight, put your back backwards when you enter. Or post video

More beginner courses at commercial gyms to help people find the sport.
More availability of non-shit coaches that do their research, instead of just repeating what they've been told thirty-odd years ago like nazi parrots.
Less gyms that enforce a "don't drop plates" policy, so you won't have to go on safari to find a place where you are allowed to practice.

Form check? Power cleaning yesterday and I think I have eliminated pulling with my arms

pls no hate

youtube.com/watch?v=ZV8_QhB_W6o

how to achieve this

post webms of rostami no homo

snatch is scarier

nah, you're definitely pulling with your arms after you get past your knees

Is there a good way to stop this? I regret doing bent over rows for months, watching it in slow motion I can see it now, but while doing it I didn't really feel it.

At least it looks MUCH better than it did before

No.

>Would you incorporate more lifts like strict OHP for example?
No, its supposed to be explosive sport.

I don't know enough about oly lifting to really say, but mirin that squat depth

Pussy

opinions on torokhtiy's programs?

is there a pdf of medvedyev anywhere?

is this possible natty?

Pull slower to the knee, and then explode to the hips. But pull in a way that keeps the bar close to you legs. Basically along your quads. And pull all the way to the hips. Don't just bounce the bar off of them like you do.

youtu.be/6e8goCaBu3I

How do I shoulder mobility for sots press? I'd like to be able to work on it while I'm stretching at work. Please help.

So I should lean back more from the floor to pull (loading the hamstrings??)? I did notice that I drag the bar up my shins but lose the bar path after the knee.

Physique? Yes.

Gold medal at the olympics and dat hair?

No.