Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4049052/
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1113/JP270570/full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25760154
youtube.com/watch?v=yd1f5Zp5g7M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fucking cold man.

Make your Oui Oui shrivel up
Wakes you up though and feels refreshing afterwards. Skin feels tight, hair feels shiny

Help me sleep a lot better, make me feel great afterwards, coldness in general seems to affect me much less afterwards.

Also hot water dehydrates your hair and skin so cold showers improve aesthetics

They're a meme

WRONG

I always take a cold shower after a normal shower. It's the best

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4049052/

lowers test

For some reason they give me a tortuously throbbing boner. I didn't understand the whole "cold shower to stop urges" thing growing up.

I like contrast showers

Its a meme and not a very funny one

sorry user! I will take a timeout and try harder next time!

ganbatte gosaimasu desu!~

You are a masochist

They are shit and are actually worse than doing nothing.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1113/JP270570/full

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25760154

During the summer I cold showered for a month. By day 8 I had maxed out the tap. Now that it's winter (anywhere from -10 to -30 degrees) the pipes are much colder and so is the water. I'm at about 30% cold these days. I noticed my recovery to the cold water is much faster after a workout as opposed to in the morning.

Do you retards even read these fucking studies you post?

Cold stress decrease testoserone? If by stress you mean feeling awesome, than maybe...

Wow, sure feels like a 2015 meme in here ;^)

They just read the part where it said it can lower test a little bit while skipping the part about cold showers pretty much being good in everything else, also lowering cortisol etc.

tldr theyre really good for you. Helps in muscle recovery.

Read through the study this user linked, the wiley one, and learned new things.

>In conclusion, these two studies offer new and important insights into how cold water immersion during recovery from strength exercise affects chronic training adaptations and some of the molecular mechanisms that underpin such adaptations. Cold water immersion delayed or inhibited satellite cell activity and suppressed the activation of p70S6K after acute strength exercise. These effects may have been compounded over time to diminish the expected increases in muscle mass and strength as a result of training. The results of these studies challenge the notion that cold water immersion improves recovery after exercise. Individuals who use strength training to improve athletic performance, recover from injury or maintain their health should therefore reconsider whether to use cold water immersion as an adjuvant to their training.

Dont use cold showers if you wanna grow!

I take not hot but not freezing showers because it feels good after being sweaty desu

Do you? The first link is pretty straightforward in its conclusions, cold water immersion after strength training inhibits long term muscle growth and strength progression.

The study seem to have been done going straight from exercise to cold water.
Doesn't seem to take into account cold water by itself.

all of that just to find out
>da body no grow when blasted with water colder than the rock steady temp it likes to always be at
gee, what a fuckin shocker

>helps in muscle recovery
No they don't. You would know that if you actually read the studies. Stop spreading bad science.

You are retarded. Stop moving the goalposts.

>tehe i'm sucha blogggerino x-))) pls subscrib

Nobody's moving the goalposts, you utter retard, who said it was necessary to take a cold shower right after lifting?

>muh bad science
You're the idiot drastically simplifying the conclusions of the studies you link.

By the way, just the rub in your face the fact that you didn't read the article you posted:

>One hour head-out water immersions (WI) in various temperatures (32°C, 20°C, and 14°C) produced various effects.

This is what the study is referring to, not a five minute cold shower. Duration being a fundamental factor, this study is essentially inapplicable in this context.

Trying to move the goalposts again. You placebo faggots are as bad as vegans. You believe in a meme. Get over it

youtube.com/watch?v=yd1f5Zp5g7M
get fucked

What about very hot showers?

I always dread the cold. But I keep taking cold showers because I feel amazing afterwards.

>Joe Rogan as a source

It fucks up my shoulders