Meditation Thread

Who here meditates? What benefits have you noticed?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=meditation
youtube.com/watch?v=5GSeWdjyr1c
youtube.com/watch?v=1vx8iUvfyCY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

life slows down

the world is a fly and I'm the karate kid with chopsticks now

sounds good

It's a butch of sandnigger bullshit. Religious practices are nothing but garbage and anyone that believes in them are as stupid as a Muslim.

There as no scientific evidence that "meditation" has any benefits and being centered and grounded and spiritual is a bunch of retarded religious trash.

If you believe in this shit kill yourself.

How can a post be this wrong?

Arent you ashamed of such a poor attempt at trolling?

Just saying

ah, fedora-flavored bait

so meditation is healthier than psychedelics?

>Contemporary meditation practices
>Religion

Pick one, dumbass. Sand-niggers are too busy praying to a warmongering pedophile to achieve the calm and focus that disciplined meditation can bring.

As someone who tried acid and mushrooms a few times, this seems about right
Although, a better analogy is 'meditation = climbing over a wall, psychadelics = ramming through it'
You could end up injuring yourself badly
Not to mention the side effects to your physical health

You get more done with psychedelics and usually have a better time

That's also true

>the side effects to your physical health
Correct me if i'm wrong but other than a chance of hppd and tinnitus there is virtually no side effect of lsd and mushrooms to your physical health

One more thing is that psychedelics can help you explore your mind in a quicker way, they don't help train the long term, sustained calm that meditation gives you, and unless you drop acid on the reg, you'll probably forget whatever enlightenment you've recieved at the time

I've read somewhere that LSD and mushrooms had a pretty significant negative effect on your brain, I don't have it now though I'm sure I can look it up.

Anecdotally, I feelt like since I tried acid, my memory isn't as good (though this could just be stress or something else), and I also zone out really easily when looking at certain things, such as grates.

Tbqh most of my knowledge on psychedelics comes from harm reduction channels on yt like the drug classroom and psychedsubstance which they try their best to be as objective as possible

You're all fucking retarded. Where is your scientific evidence that meditation has any benefits? Any test been done on some hairy monkey that sits in a temple all day in the Middle East meditating? No? Then shut up spreading your stupid reglious dogma you cow fucker.

All you religious idiots just want to void the world of any pleasure or joy.

i meditate! actually i'm a practicing buddhist lol

>Although, a better analogy is 'meditation = climbing over a wall, psychadelics = ramming through it'

I really like that, user. I've never done psychedelics before by I've meditated regularly for years and often stall. Maybe it's time.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=meditation

here's over 4000 papers, knock yourself out

I would bet my all my life savings that meditation helps your gains

It reduces stress hormones in your body -> Stress hormones are catabolic, and they suppress testosterone production -> Meditation remedies and makes your natural T levels higher and your muscle growth potential bigger

don't you get tired of being a massive faggot?

for the others reading, contemporary meditation is more about improving focus, patience , and discipline

it's exercising your brain, your thought-patterns, and your perspective

One of the biggest benefits of having a lot of money and a good career is that it increases your leisure time and frees your mind from focusing on non-trivial shit like how am I going to pay my internet bill this month.

The poorer you are, the more you would benefit from meditation and the less likely you are to do it.

If it's not based in science it's a bunch of stupid placebo religious shit, you fucking dumbass. Can you fucking measure this benefits from meditation with numbers? No right? Garbage like this likes to shame you for being who you are and the pleasures you like. That's all this religious shit is doing is shaming you from pleasure.

>what are longitudinal studies

also

>what is a PET scan

>That's all this religious shit is doing is shaming you from pleasure.

fedora pls go

nobody here is talking about religion

Just stop replying to him

Taking time to chill out and clear your mind is clearly beneficial without being quantifiably so. The idea of the theory of relativity came to Einstein while he was just chilling and the theory of gravity came to Newton while he was just chilling under an apple tree. Steve Jobs was very much into mediating.

sometimes I get curious about where the rabbit hole goes

it's kinda sad how bad trolls have gotten, he didn't even reply to the studies comment

Really helps with powerlifting competitions. I clear my mind before lifts. Also to relax after training.

He's just looking to rustle jimmies man, he won't reply to anything you say seriously

Breathing exercises have helped a lot. Is like a workout for your respiratory system. Endurance is better, head doesn't feel as stuffy any more, breath easier in general.

As far as meditation, just relax. Take a nap. Watch the sunset or something. It's the same thing.

Yeah, it's also the same reason you get good ideas before you're about to fall asleep, Alpha brain waves and shit

ye

OK I'll bite. There's a ton of evidence that meditation has beneficial effects. It is measurable. It is scientifically proven. And it's a lot easier to do now with biofeedback devices. Doesn't take a ton of training and practice. Athletes and the US army use it.

It's not some hippy dippy religious new age metaphysics thing. It's a function of the human body.

You know you can buy a 40 dollar heart strap and download an hrv app and actually measure in real time and log the long term effects of meditation yourself, right?

Ps, yes there is established science behind it.

Do it all the time.

Walk around in my own little world.

Is boss.

Get on my meditative level scrub

I've purposely stalled my transcendent progress so tan I can train my physical body to catch.

Mfw pure energy form terrifying when attempting to interact with the blessed bar.

>you aren't the local gym poltergeist

They've measured the effects. Heart rate, heart rate variability, bloodpressure, stress markers, eeg scans, muscle tension, galvanic skin response. All showed improvements.

>durr there's no science!
Have you even looked?

Tried it for a week or two. The main benefit I was promised was that it helps you concentrate on boring subjects. To lazy to sit for 5 minutes on the floor.

I pay attention more to what's going on in front of me.
>inb4 mindfullness gay as fuck word

meditation is GOAT if you have an overactive mind

it's like sweeping away all the nagging thoughts that pester you when you're trying to get shit done

>To lazy to sit for 5 minutes on the floor.

>lazy

it's called technology-induced add

Been doing it for about 1 year now. Im doing 25 minuts per night. Ive noticed that I can remain present when in a conflicting situation, instead of being totally inmersed in my inmediate reaction, which is usually a sperg action. But now I can see what my reaction is, and actually act how I want (kinda) and not just react to the situation.

sounds like you really hate religion lmao

>I've purposely stalled my transcendent progress so tan I can train my physical body to catch.
That's Hatha Yoga

I recently tried this video
youtube.com/watch?v=5GSeWdjyr1c
And it was pretty interesting, the guy is chill as fuck

Next I'm going to try this one
youtube.com/watch?v=1vx8iUvfyCY
which seems to have quite positive responses

Vipassana and following the breath for 20-30 mins is a powerful tool in realising how much chatter in the skull goes on. Like constant white noise on an out of tune radio. Can begin to quiet the mind and improve focus but it can be irritating/frustrating as hell. Its not for relaxing desu.

Should be as necessary as brushing your teeth desu.

See Jon Kabat-Zinn to start.

>i was forced to go to church when i was a child
>i didnt like it

chill out

>stressed about LSATs
>stressed about unemployment due to shit job market in my field
>stressed about not making marathon running progress
>stressed about stalling on lifts

meditation is literally my anchor to this world imo

I've been doing it for about a year now, came part and parcel with my yoga classes. I was very resistant to it at first, thinking that it was just a bunch of east indian BS, but the more I did it the more I felt it.

Relaxed, calm, able to process my emotions both negative and positive, a general feeling of well being that people now seem to subconsciously pick up on and gravitate towards. I now do it everynight before sleep while I'm lying down and I tell you it works like a fucking charm.

Brilliant shit that I recommend to anyone and everyone.

Given the amount of semi-volatile and volatile pollutants a leafblower's exhaust contains, I'd say it's its own psychedelic

Been doing it for a while. It really clears up my head. My only problem is I can't do more than 5 min because I am impatient.

There's also no scientific evidence that being racist is beneficial yet here you are

Anyone here tried the wim hof method?
is it bullshit?

>Boosted energy levels
>Lowered stress level (instantly – after each session)
>Your immune system becomes stronger. This will help you prevent illnesses
>Better and quicker recovery after workouts/achievements
>Improved focus and concentration
>Improved sleep quality
>You will get a natural mood booster – (because of the released endorphins aka “love hormones”)
>Better circulation of the blood, preventing clogged arteries

What's your method??

have been meditating for around 6 months now. I wouldn't want to miss it.
I can recommend everything by Jon-Kabat-Zinn. Just search for him on youtube.

literally normal meditation except this time someone's trying to steal your shekels
>hey look at all these effects that you totally don't also get form any of the basic types of meditation

>tfw want to pick up kyudo but no gyms for it in my country
>supposed to be impossible to learn on your own
>don't want to go to weebland either

>this is retarded there is no evidence
>anons show evidence and anecdotal stories
>THERE IS NO FUCKING EVIDENCE

literally mentally retarded

>a fedoralord is as blind to evidence as the most zealotry of religious cunts
This is bait, right?

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

I can't believe that someone on Veeky Forums is this rational.

A FUCKING TOE RING

DROPPED

*toot* teehee

Could you just start off with regular archery?

After reading through this thread it sounds like meditation would be good for myself especially from what and have said. Any of you anons got an idea on where to start?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well. Been looking into clubs around here that dabble in that and there is one near me. Its probably full of kids who are just messing about, but its a start, until I figure out whether archery is actually what I'm looking for.

Sounds like a cool idea dude.

Awesome thanks my dude.

Darkness, a fan on to create white noise because I live in a high traffic area, then I close my eyes and start to breathe slow and steady. After a minute or two I'll start to roll my eyes up to focus on a point between my eyebrows (in my classes they refer to it as your third eye) and then I just follow my breath in and out. I always get distracted by something; random thoughts, my wife shifting a bit, maybe a car honking, but I always return to the breath.

I do it for about 5-10 minutes every night or something like that, I don't really know anymore as it's easy to lose track of time.