Are all physical trainers autistic idiots?

I dont know about your gym but at mine they seem worthless as fuck. They are all slightly in shape but nothing special and do autistic workouts. Never have I seen them attempting to teach a client (or do for themselves) bench, squat, or deadlift. They always get out like a million dumbells and hippy ass stuff like resistance bands and agility cones. And they never do a simple workout its always a very complicated super set of shit ive never seen that looks like it could be done with simple movements easily. Pisses me off and I feel bad for the people that pay for them who have potential to be fit only to be wasted, just watch a damn youtube video and you will learn more.

if people realised how simple it was to get in shape, then pt's wouldn't have a job

Lifting is useless anyway. It's better to learn martial arts.

>if they know how to lift
no
>if they don't know how to lift
yes

Basically you are just paying someone who payed to teach you to workout... nothing else nothing more, if you can't judge them based on looks then your an idiot, and even then most bb'ers coaches look like shit so do your homework or take a dice roll

But they're teaching people retarded and complicated stuff. There is no "lifting" involved in their shit

your gyms trainers /= all trainers

I've had memberships at 3 different gyms and have never once seen a trainer teaching a client barbell squat, bench, or deadlift

I suspect PT intentionally make complicated routines so that their clients are depended on them. Like that's their only use there, remind their clients of what stupid exercise/circuit they're supposed to do next.

I'm a PT and I would never advice my clients to do squats or DL, unless they really look responsible and like they want to learn how to actually lift. 99% of my clients are fatties who want to lose weight, or guys who want a sixpack and big arms. So I teach them how to do that. They let themselves go during winter and are my clients again in summer. Rinse and repeat, they always do the same mistakes, they never learn anything

You need to understand that you're dealing with people who are paying you a lot of money simply because they were too retarded to use google. They will never get something like squat form down, nor do they want to waste several hours worth of money to practice. You give them something easy and effective that suits their goals

makes sense, still amazed at how stupid people are when it comes to working out. The information is so readily available.

your statement /= scientific method

It's becoming apparent you think all trainers suck and you simply want validation.

You're wrong, proof; pro bodybuilders have trainers.

Anyway have fun win your chitty thread.

Yeah, really good idea to teach to deadlift and squat to a overweight dude who barely can touch his knees

Guy probably will get fatter on gomad and probably break his spine after two years

I'm not a PT but if i were one i would teach my clients to do more cardio based leg exercises and probably some landmine squats and deadlifts

everything else is giving too much to them, and if they break something you are at fault

Even those who wants big guns i would teach landmine based movements, so they can progress safely before doing barbells or dumbbells

Honestly the best way to get started in fitness is with calisthenics, but the injury chance is too high

There's no planned rate of progress in those beginner routines that PTs make, they/you just bundle up meme exercises and that's it.
If when I was 15 going to the gym the PT simply said "look, after you can do 12 reps, increase the weight and do 8 reps", I'd probably not have dropped it back then because I'd actually have a measurable goal in the gym besides "working out" and "getting a pump".

They aren't experts, they are salesmen who spout whatever shitty workouts the gym manager feels will keep people paying for memberships that quarter.

Some don't do that shit but in my experience those people are few and far between.

This. Its just like financial advisor commericals. Always some salt and pepper attractive guy, with a multi million dollar home and an Audi, and the the voice over goes "do you have trouble knowing what's in store for your financial future blah blah" making retirement seem like this ultra complicated thing that affluent white collar professionals can't figure out.

If people knew you could just dump all your money in VOO and do just fine, there wouldn't be any CFPs on LinkedIn.

A good trainer is a teacher. They are good for people who don't know anything and want a routine or diet advice.
However, the most important thing is that they teach HOW to properly do the complex exercises safely so people don't visit snap city down the line. Check form at the start so they can always do correct form.
Like everything else in life, there is shit and not shit.

>tell your client all you need to get fit is DBs and a bench
>give them a program over a week
>now they know what to do for the next three years and never come back to see you

>Tell your client the ONLY way to get fit is by doing this special program
>make it so they never know what you're doing next, so the only way they can 'progress' is by coming to you
>they make slight gains because even throwing around dirt makes gains and think you're magical
>you have a client for years

Its pretty fucking simple.

I agree with every word you posted. Every PT is a walking dyel meme and I hate them

Im not talking about the fatties who obviously will never make it. Im talking about the younger people with low body fat and potential to actually make progress

I've not seen a good PT neither, some do better workouts than others, but overally all of them do the same bs "Do this and then come with me, i'll tell you what's next". When i started, there was this dude coaching me that made me do 20 mins cardio and used machines for everything, even altough i was a fucking stickman back then.

I run a small little studio gym. Small group sessions with 5 people max. I throw people on SS + accessories and only squat twice a week. Teach them proper form/mobility. Then teach them basic nutrition and tell them to download myfitnesspal. Takes a client on average 1.5 months before they're self-sustainable. Meaning I can trust them to do their routines correctly without having to completely babysit them. At that point I just spend most my time setting up their next exercises/spotting/talking.

Even after people are self-sustainable, they still stay with me because they enjoy the small group atmosphere. It's a pretty viable business and I enjoy it a lot.

Most PT's are shit though, absolutely.

damn we need trainers like you

the reason PTs get people to do those long shitty high rep multiple exercises routines is to make people "feel the burn" it essentially makes idiots think what they're doing it helping them when they really haven't got a clue what's going on

Starting my own gym was the only way to make it work. Half commercial gym PT's are legitimately retarded while the other half are bound by their gym's mandatory routine.

When you work at a commercial gym, thousands of clients means thousands of possible lawsuits. Meaning "dangerous" exercises like squats and deadlifts are a big no-no. Only machine work.