Overtraining

is it okay if my workouts take 90-120 minutes. I've been watching those AthleanX youtube videos and Jeff keeps harping on over-training and how anything over like 45 minutes is bad.

I take a full day of rest in-between, but the workout just takes longer than 45 minutes. Am I an idiot?

Thanks.

Are you progressing?
If no, then you're overtraining/undereating.

there's people who do 8 hour arm workouts man stop watching some sub-tier trash youtuber and taking everything he says at base value

I would aim not to go over an hour and a half but only really because if you can go longer than that you arent going hard enough.

You shouldnt work the same muscle groups only a day apart, i think doing the same twice a week should be the max really.

What he's saying only has legitimacy if you train how he does: almost exclusively to failure. If you do linear progression instead of training to failure then you could work out for like three hours a day.

So what you're saying is OP isnt
>training like an athlete

>You shouldnt work the same muscle groups only a day apart

You can and you should especially as a beginner. Thats why almost all beginner routines recommend it.

Literally bioscience at its worst. Awful advice, recovery and healing are essential or you are just spinning your wheels.

Training biceps everyday will leave you a a dyel with shoulder problems a year in.

>everyday
what about every other day. That's like 40-48 hrs recovery time in-between.

According to science even 12 minutes without any breaks would be good for muscle growth.

Jeff is recommending shorter but MORE INTENSE work-outs. For him, the ideal is a challenging work-out and if it's challenging enough you shouldn't need more than one hour.

I've been following Jeff's channel for a long time but I still lift for 1.5 to 2 hours each time because I like to lift heavy and rest longer instead of Jeff's more endurance-oriented and high heart-rate training style.

So it depends on your goals: do you want an "athletic, functional" body or more swole/big/strong?

He's actually good

t. crossfit fag

Keep your current routine but be mindful of overtraining symptoms like sleep loss, feeling weak, depression, irritability etc. Im at the gym 2 hours.

How is AxAxAx not giving your day rest?

You have to be fucking retarded. You literally just made shit up to make your argument valid. No one ever said workout every day. A full day of rest in between means the programming I showed you up top.

Wrong dude meant for

does overtraining really causes sleep loss? I would think that the body would crave more sleep to repair the damage

This guy knows what's up. Anyway people make gains everyday as well. Look at
>ourguy
Clarence. He said he sometimes trains heavy legs every single day. Many programs outside of American workouts have high volume weeks. Literally doing heavy 5x a week.

How often do you sleep in the nude?

Ya totally man. You do that. Theres no difference between what you and Clarence can do. Youre both men, and any man can achieve what another can.

Oh just dont forget the steroids. You fucking retard.

hey

The body needs two days rest, not one

Faggot

You sound like someone who always complains others are better
>I'm a hardgainer guys!
>he's only stronger because steroids!รท!!
>it's genetics
>my knees hurt so I can't squat! !!
>I have a bad shoulder!!!
>it's not my fault I can't workout today, it's raining!!!!
You think some people are better than others which is why you'll never be better than others.

Even though your reply was short why did you even reply to a bait post.

>two days rest
I've been doing it wrong my whole life. Always thought one day rest. Don't know where I got that from.

So the body needs like 65-72 hours between training not 40-48, wow, sure takes muscle a long fucking time to recover.

Nice quints mahdood

w2c OP pic's body?
So cute

>taking advice from a roided up freak
>ever

just tell us what to do.

Absolutely witnessed

you can work out the same muscle every other day. You'll be fine.

Man I feel sleepy like all the time. I feel like shit unless I sleep 10+ hours

Well it depends what you are training for user.
I spend a solid 2 hours in the gym. But I do full body because I'm getting ready for the military and I need to get that endurance up.

Usually 45 min run.
20 minutes of boxing.
30 minutes of high intensity body weight (crunches, pullups, pushups etc.)
And then some basic heavy compound lifts.