Creatine

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

menshealth.com/health/creatine-side-effects-what-it-is-what-it-does
examine.com/supplements/creatine/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

not really needed at all, you overall probably wont the difference with or without it desu.

i also wanna know about this, i keep hearing differing things....

Stop making shit complicated. It's one of the most studied and beneficial supplements out there.

Buy it and take 5gs daily.

That's it.

should you cycle it? like when the container is finished go off it for a bit? or just keep pinning?

You can suffer dehydration if you go from taking none to taking a full teaspoon, but you will acclimate soon enough.

I think it helps a little with strength/recovery, but mostly just makes me look bigger and stronger. It has potential benefits to mood and memory too, which is appealing though I can't say I've noticed any big change there.

It's worth trying in any case, since it's totally safe and you can get some bulk pure creatine online for like a nickel/serving. I didn't experience any stomach upset at all on it even while loading, so maybe you don't even have to worry about that either.

There is no need.
Does have a point though, make sure you're well hydrated.

It seems like the most reputable sources say that loading is unnecessary but makes it kick in a little faster, and that you don't need to cycle off it at all. Creatine just reaches a saturation point in your muscles and stays there as long as a maintenance dose is kept up.

>It’s as simple as this: “If you can lift one or two more reps or 5 more pounds, your muscles will get bigger and stronger,” says Chad Kerksick, Ph.D., assistant professor of exercise physiology at the University of Oklahoma.

menshealth.com/health/creatine-side-effects-what-it-is-what-it-does

well I thought simple 5g a day will do the magic. now a pretty nameable powerlifter in my area suggests to take 15-20g, wtf? Is there any basis for this?

bought it a few days ago and taking 5g a day. I will see if any changes happen.

My dad saw my creatine and asked if i bought it and said i shouldn't be taking it because it's bad for your kidneys and you in general.

does anyone take the hydrochloride stuff, ive only taken the monohydrate before

My ON Brand says "a rounded teaspoon." You probably have one in your kitchen.

In my experience, it added a little mass in exchange for definition. It's good for skinny guys trying to bulk up but not so much if you're cutting. Strength gains were minimal.

>Chad

Bro

depends on your muscle mass, 5g is for a little above average, i used to take 10g on my best, but didn't noticed the difference lol

What about DMAA?

say goodbye to your hairline

im pretty sure this is BS bro science, been taking it forever im fine

It simply works. The research is in. Go look on pubmed yourself, and make a decision.

Is it true that it only adds water weight? Is this just a meme?

holy shit lmao

hugh woatmeigh

Beat me to it.

>Chad KEKsick PhD

examine.com/supplements/creatine/

everything you need to know

I put on a lot of water with the generic cheap stuff. But my lifts feel fuller on the last couple reps. I like when it's like the concrete type of stuff. It gives me a decent pump and I don't retain aa much water. I cycle a preworkout. Then a micro createne. And nothing. Week by week. It's worked ok. Not syre if it's my consistency but it feels like my arms are huge after the gym when I'm on creatine.